3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Community Weekday Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/302835-ip-community-weekday-chat.html)

kimo88 03-10-2015 09:51 AM

My clinic doesn't have nurses or doctors. They're just regular people who have done the program. So that statement is extra incorrect in my case haha!

I had my weigh in yesterday, no weight loss but 2 inches lost. I'll take it! Here's to more inches (and hopefully lbs) this week! I just made a nice batch of lemon and herb chicken last night to get me through the rest of this week and picked up some veggies so I'm ready to go!

Hmm123 03-10-2015 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenTXChk (Post 5140909)
Down 3.8lbs this morning for a total of 96.8lbs and 53in lost. My coach wrapped her tape measure around me and held her tape measure to my original starting inches for my bust, hourglass and hips. I just cannot get over how big I was. What a shocker! I have an original pair of jeans that I’ve held onto. I am thinking I should try them on to see how they look.

Funny, I am still big in my mind…but not that big. Although I was always thinner in my head (you know when you would catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and were shocked at how large you were?).

Without thinking, I drove to Lane Bryant this weekend to buy some new bras. The salesperson was very kind and measured me for my new size. She asked if I had lost a large amount of weight and then referred me to another shop that carried my size. I have shrunk out of everything in that store. That’s a good thing but weird. I’ve been shopping there for years. I actually think I was thin shamed by a couple shoppers who looked annoyed and gave me the stink eye. Why would I be in “their” store taking up their salesperson’s time when I didn’t belong there. I have been shunned from my people.

On a brighter note, I went down the street and found 2 new bras and a swimsuit….in a size 12. WTH!?! Me in a 12. Me in a swimsuit. My thighs look horrible but I was able to find a suit with a skirt that partially hid the sagging.

On the plus, once I got my new bras several items in my closet I’ve been waiting to shrink into fit. I was so excited, I was convinced I would be inches smaller when I was measured this morning. I was actually the same measurement, just higher I guess. Walking around with a new found confidence today. Who knew a bra could do that to a girl?

I loved your note about shopping! This is something that I have really been struggling with. I have been completely overwhelmed with the new options and at times miss the protection of little optîons in the plus sections of department stores. I am sure this will pass but it is certainly more complicated!

JJTx 03-10-2015 10:33 AM

Looks like a great week in 3FC land - scale whooshes, inches lost, NSV's, thin-shaming, oh my! :D

Slow week for me, 1.2 pounds gone for good. I'm also down 2.5 inches from three weeks ago. Slow and steady wins the race right? I'm just sort of in "eat, sleep, repeat" mode.

LegalEagle14 03-10-2015 10:54 AM

Morning IPeeps! I weighed in last night and am down another .9 for a total of 13.9 lbs. I was also down 2.25 inches. I'll take it! I didn't feel like I'd have a huge loss this week, TOM should be coming around this weekend, so I'm just feeling a little bloated this week. Hopefully the larger losses will continue after this!

larn37 03-10-2015 11:18 AM

Down 1.4 pounds and lost some in my body fat% and lost 1.5" in waist. I will take that... I was wanting more pounds lost, but I know there are things I need to work on. I am feeling really tired in afternoons for some reason, not sure why and sluggish. 8 weeks into program and down 16.4 pounds, was wanting to be more, I need to loose 40 more by June. Congrats to everyone for all the hard work.. We've got this.

MiWi 03-10-2015 12:11 PM

Congrats on everyone's great work! I too had my weigh-in last night. I lost another 2.2 for a total of 28.2. Yay! People are really noticing at work that I have lost weight now. Plus, I am now able to fit into some of my cute Spring dresses that I haven't worn in a while, so I'm excited. I know how CenTXChk feels...I looked at a sizing chart and realized, "Wait, I'm not in plus size anymore." It's a weird feeling. I guess it's a compliment if people don't think we belong in Lane Bryant or Torrid (love that store!) or Women's department anymore...must mean we look like we are naturally like this (tricked them!).

Kellyc14 03-10-2015 12:14 PM

Ok ya'll having a really tough time. :( I had a very stressful week last week, more so than usual! My brother was in from NY and we went to New Orleans on Saturday, I went off plan, I won't go into detail, but it was only one day and I am up 4lbs. I didn't go to my weigh in today because my coach told me that she would kick me out of the program if I gained weight. :( I didn't feel like getting lectured and berated when I know where I messed up. I didn't feel like defending my actions. I messed up. I know I messed up. I'm back on track. I need encouragement not to be fussed at. I hate this.

I told my coach that I over slept and would have to reschedule, but I'm just going to skip this week and go back next week. I think it's a shame that I am afraid of my coach!

DeterminedDieter 03-10-2015 12:21 PM

Hello fellow IPeeps,

Congrats on on the scale losses, NSV and staying strong and OP. I was down 2.5lbs this week bringing me just 3.5lbs from goal.

I am getting ready to move to Phase 2 this week, either Friday or Saturday, I hope it's as easy to eat the lunch protein as I think it will be :) I have a feeling I may just go between one or two meals for the duration of Phase 2 and 3. I'm thinking tuna wraps with a side of salad and chicken in my salad :) I'm pretty boring with my food. But you never know, I could throw in a taco salad or burger to change things up. I'm not looking forward to the extra prep and cooking :)

NSV - I thought I would be fine for maintenance in the pants I bought in January, but now I'm thinking I may have gone down a size since then!

I hope everyone has a strong OP day :)

kimo88 03-10-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellyc14 (Post 5141211)
Ok ya'll having a really tough time. :( I had a very stressful week last week, more so than usual! My brother was in from NY and we went to New Orleans on Saturday, I went off plan, I won't go into detail, but it was only one day and I am up 4lbs. I didn't go to my weigh in today because my coach told me that she would kick me out of the program if I gained weight. :( I didn't feel like getting lectured and berated when I know where I messed up. I didn't feel like defending my actions. I messed up. I know I messed up. I'm back on track. I need encouragement not to be fussed at. I hate this.

I told my coach that I over slept and would have to reschedule, but I'm just going to skip this week and go back next week. I think it's a shame that I am afraid of my coach!

Wooooooaaaah! She said she would kick you off the program if you gained?! What the ****!! That's ridiculous!! Don't worry about the up 4lbs. It's probably all water weight. Seriously, it will be gone in NO time! You're human, you aren't perfect. Life happened and you're back on track now. It's what you do after a blip in your journey that defines your success, not the little blips on the way. Congratulations for getting back on track so quickly!!

Seriously though, your coach sounds like a jerk. I would have skipped my weigh in too if my coach said that to me. Do you have any other clinics in your area you could go to? I don't think it's great to be ruled by fear in your journey. I'm actually mad about this!!

DeterminedDieter 03-10-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellyc14 (Post 5141211)

That's terrible! You should not be made to feel that way. You certainly shouldn't have to defend your actions. And how would it be good for you or them if they kicked you out!? It sounds ridiculous!

But, don't let it make you feel bad, we all know it's not fat gain causing the scale to go up that much, and that it will be down in no time. Good for you for getting right back OP :)

Kellyc14 03-10-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimo88 (Post 5141220)
Wooooooaaaah! She said she would kick you off the program if you gained?! What the ****!! That's ridiculous!! Don't worry about the up 4lbs. It's probably all water weight. Seriously, it will be gone in NO time! You're human, you aren't perfect. Life happened and you're back on track now. It's what you do after a blip in your journey that defines your success, not the little blips on the way. Congratulations for getting back on track so quickly!!

Seriously though, your coach sounds like a jerk. I would have skipped my weigh in too if my coach said that to me. Do you have any other clinics in your area you could go to? I don't think it's great to be ruled by fear in your journey. I'm actually mad about this!!

She's actually a sweet girl. She grew up with my daughter. I think she just said that to scare me? not really sure though? She said that it's a waste of her time and my time if I'm not losing weight weekly. She's a sweet girl. Not really a "coach" though....

I have really been stressed out though, personal life, family life, work... and given all that I am going through, I feel that I am doing pretty good. My losses have slowed down, but considering everything, I was happy to at least be maintaining.

I guess that I will be up front with her when I go next week, come clean about what happened this week and ask her if she wants me to leave the program. I can do it with alts at this point. I just like to go weekly for the accountability. What I need is encouragement, not shaming.

But that's what I have 3fc for! I love the encouragement and support that I get here!! You all rock!

JJTx 03-10-2015 01:05 PM

Surely she was joking with you?!

I can see that being a "waste" of time if you weren't following the program and taking it seriously - which is not the case with you! You slipped up, own it and move on. If she seriously can't deal with that, it's her problem not yours.

canadjineh 03-10-2015 02:26 PM

Clinics are not all run in conjunction with doctor's offices (mine wasn't) BUT they all have access at any time to the professionals (scientists & docs) at Ideal Protein head office. Due to food allergies from the beginning, and low energy/lack of weightloss & inchloss/general illness part way through, my coach was in frequent contact with head office by email for suggestions and help on how to handle my issues.
If you have a question and all your coach can do is spout the usual water, supplements, etc line, AND you are already doing that... tell them to email head office with your concerns as other clinics do, sending you a cc as well. You expect proper service and you are paying for it. It is not a bad thing to have a coach who says, "I don't know" or "I'm not sure about that" and then accesses the professionals for an answer. What is wrong is if they cannot admit to not being all-knowledgeable.
:snooty: Pride... a dangerous thing in a coach.

Liana

frawniemae 03-10-2015 02:49 PM

This place needs a LIKE button!!!! Or at the least an "I understand" button. Kidding or not, no coach should say that. You buying IP products from her is helping keep her employed. Friend of family or not, I'd let her know exactly how you felt about that remark and let her know it was very much out of line. You have lost a tremendous amount of weight so obviously you are very serious and totally committed to this way of life. You should not be afraid to go to a weigh in. Sorry this happened but glad you know where you messed up and have moved on and gotten right back to the business of losing weight!

And, on that note: I had my weighin this morning and am down another 3.6 lbs. :carrot:Woohoo, me!!:carrot: Total inches so far is 16.5, the biggest loss is 5 inches in my waist!

I have a waist, y'all! :D

Kellyc14 03-10-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frawniemae (Post 5141270)
This place needs a LIKE button!!!! Or at the least an "I understand" button. Kidding or not, no coach should say that. You buying IP products from her is helping keep her employed. Friend of family or not, I'd let her know exactly how you felt about that remark and let her know it was very much out of line. You have lost a tremendous amount of weight so obviously you are very serious and totally committed to this way of life. You should not be afraid to go to a weigh in. Sorry this happened but glad you know where you messed up and have moved on and gotten right back to the business of losing weight!

And, on that note: I had my weighin this morning and am down another 3.6 lbs. :carrot:Woohoo, me!!:carrot: Total inches so far is 16.5, the biggest loss is 5 inches in my waist!

I have a waist, y'all! :D

Thanks Frawniemae. And you are rockin it!!!! :carrot: