Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 10:10 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'5

Hi all! I am new here day - rockin day 2! I am using alternatives with no coach. I do have 2 quick questions - I have been reading through the older alternative boards but there is a ton on info out there and I'm only on board 2.
I am currently drinking 3 EAS carb control shakes a day (so far French Vanilla is my favorite). I read somewhere that I should have 2 EAS RTD and 1 bar - is this correct? I am not usually a fan of protein bars - I was never a fan of candy bars or granola bars so they are not something I need to replace in my diet - and they have a weird mouth feel fro me.

But I will add 1 a day if necessary.

Also does my water from tea count in my daily water intake? And is there a reason not to go over 1 gallon a day.

And this is how my day looks:

8:00 am Tea with splash of milk
EAS Carb control when hungry usually around 930
33 oz bottle of water

1230 salad with cucumber and 2 cups veggies (re, green and cherry peppers and red onion)
33 oz water
EAS when hungry maybe 3ish

6 pm dinner last night "taco salad" ground beef, mushrooms, peppers, onion over lettuce.

8 pm decaf tea, celery sticks
9 pm EAS

and I had another 33 oz water throughout the day.

Thanks so much for your help - sorry for the long post - I want to do this right.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:50 AM   #107  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Default reviews?

Not super impressed by the cheddar Quest Protein chips but thought the sour cream and onion ones were slightly better. What do you think? Do you have other chip recommendations that are better?

Also, I read reviews on the Nashua site that said the chicken soup was really good. I am not terribly impressed. I have always liked the chicken with pasta (noodles)-glad I got 2 boxes of that and only one of the other chicken soup. It is not horrible but not that great to me.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:43 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferk525 View Post
Hi all! I am new here day - rockin day 2! I am using alternatives with no coach. I do have 2 quick questions - I have been reading through the older alternative boards but there is a ton on info out there and I'm only on board 2.
I am currently drinking 3 EAS carb control shakes a day (so far French Vanilla is my favorite). I read somewhere that I should have 2 EAS RTD and 1 bar - is this correct? I am not usually a fan of protein bars - I was never a fan of candy bars or granola bars so they are not something I need to replace in my diet - and they have a weird mouth feel fro me.

Also does my water from tea count in my daily water intake? And is there a reason not to go over 1 gallon a day.

33 oz bottle of water

1230 salad with cucumber and 2 cups veggies (re, green and cherry peppers and red onion)
33 oz water

6 pm dinner last night "taco salad" ground beef, mushrooms, peppers, onion over lettuce.

9 pm EAS

Thanks so much for your help - sorry for the long post - I want to do this right.
Did you look at the P1 sheet posted in the FAQ sticky? One thing that jumps out at me, is unless you are doing the alt-IP protocol (diabetes or heavy exercise), regular P1 is:
B
L
D
S

and I see:
B
L
S
D
S

Some folks doing heavy exercise add an extra packet - and the diabetic protocol allows more carbs.

Also, personally speaking, I would get tired really quick of 3 RTD's every day. If you have a GNC near by, they usually have a decent selection of Quest products - you may not like bars, but the chips are good. I would also suggest looking around at Nashua Nutrition - they carry lots of IP alternatives - chips, puddings, etc...
Old 03-24-2015, 11:45 AM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Not super impressed by the cheddar Quest Protein chips but thought the sour cream and onion ones were slightly better. What do you think? Do you have other chip recommendations that are better?

Also, I read reviews on the Nashua site that said the chicken soup was really good. I am not terribly impressed. I have always liked the chicken with pasta (noodles)-glad I got 2 boxes of that and only one of the other chicken soup. It is not horrible but not that great to me.
I think its a YMMV issue - I like the Quest cheddar - hubby like the bbq (eh, ok to me) and we both found the salt / vinegar inedible.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:00 PM   #110  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

My favorite Quest chips are BBQ.

I'm alright with Quest cheddar and sour cream.

Haven't tried salt and vinegar.

Hated sea salt. Gonna try breading chicken with it for dinner one of these days.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:23 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 267/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I am currently drinking 3 EAS carb control shakes a day (so far French Vanilla is my favorite). I read somewhere that I should have 2 EAS RTD and 1 bar - is this correct?
I think you might get bored quickly only having drinks. It's better to mix it up a bit if possible. I buy all my alternatives from NashuaNutrition.com. My favorite products are Proti-Diet and Proti-Thin.

Having said that, you don't need to have one restricted (like a bar) a day. You could just do drinks if that works for you.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:17 PM   #112  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Default First Day

Today is my first day!!!
B Orange Drink Mix
L Mango RMD With 2 cups of Spinach
S Chocolate Mint Bar (YUMMY)
D Chicken, Greens, Green Beans
Old 03-24-2015, 01:25 PM   #113  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmuir View Post
Today is my first day!!!
B Orange Drink Mix
L Mango RMD With 2 cups of Spinach
S Chocolate Mint Bar (YUMMY)
D Chicken, Greens, Green Beans
you can post your daily menu on the "What Are You Eating" thread!! You will do great
Old 03-24-2015, 01:32 PM   #114  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Did you look at the P1 sheet posted in the FAQ sticky? One thing that jumps out at me, is unless you are doing the alt-IP protocol (diabetes or heavy exercise), regular P1 is:
B
L
D
S

and I see:
B
L
S
D
S

Some folks doing heavy exercise add an extra packet - and the diabetic protocol allows more carbs.

Also, personally speaking, I would get tired really quick of 3 RTD's every day. If you have a GNC near by, they usually have a decent selection of Quest products - you may not like bars, but the chips are good. I would also suggest looking around at Nashua Nutrition - they carry lots of IP alternatives - chips, puddings, etc...
Thanks! I'll check out the quest products. I think my vitamin shoppe has them.

I thought I was following correctly.....
I am having 3 replacements a day breakfast lunch and snack. 2 salads with total 4 cups veggies and protein at dinner. And celery which I though was free. Is it the way I'm spacing out the drinks that is a problem?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:36 PM   #115  

Quote:
I think its a YMMV issue - I like the Quest cheddar - hubby like the bbq (eh, ok to me) and we both found the salt / vinegar inedible.
YMMV translation? ha-all I could find was Your Mileage My Vary or You Make Me Vomit........

Old 03-24-2015, 01:39 PM   #116  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
B
L
D
S

and I see:
B
L
S
D
S

Quote:

33 oz bottle of water

33 oz water

9 pm EAS

Looking at Jenn's post I can see why you would think there's a second snack in there, but she is using one of the EAS shakes as her protein for lunch (but deferring it until she is hungry in the afternoon) - the rest are salad freebies and veg.

Last edited by Briael; 03-24-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:36 PM   #117  

Thanks ladies! I am going to stick with the drinks for now. I tried a bar today with lunch and I wasn't loving it! And I swear it made me hungrier. It's 430 and I just finished my dinner. lol. But when I get bore I'm planning on trying those quest chips.
Thanks!
Old 03-24-2015, 05:12 PM   #118  

Quote:
I thought I was following correctly.....
I am having 3 replacements a day breakfast lunch and snack. 2 salads with total 4 cups veggies and protein at dinner. And celery which I though was free. Is it the way I'm spacing out the drinks that is a problem?
You have it right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
YMMV translation? ha-all I could find was Your Mileage My Vary or You Make Me Vomit........
YMMV is typically Your Mileage May Vary, typically interpreted as "your experience may differ..."
Old 03-24-2015, 06:22 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
You have it right!

YMMV is typically Your Mileage May Vary, typically interpreted as "your experience may differ..."
Gotcha! Haha. My brain just couldn't come up with anything. Yes I totally get people like different things just curious what reviews others had.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:31 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Looking at Jenn's post I can see why you would think there's a second snack in there, but she is using one of the EAS shakes as her protein for lunch (but deferring it until she is hungry in the afternoon) - the rest are salad freebies and veg.
My bad - sorry Jenn I toss my lunch protein in with my salad
Sorry - yes I meant "your milage may very" - not in a snarky way...just different strokes for different folks
Closed Thread