3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Goals of 100+ Loss Vol #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/302396-goals-100-loss-vol-2-a.html)

lisa32989 02-15-2015 08:29 AM

Goals of 100+ Loss Vol #2

The previous thread was over 500 posts. Keep it up everyone!

Briael 02-15-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gs462
WI#6 was Friday. I didn't lose anything last week. Getting frustrated as I am seeing so many people down 20+pound in 5-6 weeks and I'm down 14. Trying to keep my chin up and keep this going.

You are unique. You may have a degree of insulin or leptin resistance that your body is trying to get past in the early days of ketosis. Many issues determine your weight loss pattern - are you drinking half of your body weight in oz of water per day? Are you getting in all your healthy fats (olive oil)? Are you making sure to get all 4 cups of veggies in?

Everyone's biology is different. Your hormone levels, salt intake (if you use the water additives, love sprinkling generous doses of salt on your meals, eat the higher sodium content packets), the time between meals, any exercise, your base metabolic rate, how well/quickly your body adapts to ketosis. Your journey is particular to your body, and you can't compare yourself with anyone else.

There will be good weeks and there will be weeks where, despite doing everything right with staying on plan, you don't lose at all. This is where you have to focus on alternative methods of gauging what IP is doing for you. Pull out the tape measure and check whether you're losing inches instead. Organise your wardrobe so you've got clothes you will be wearing soon and some for further down the weight loss line and keep trying them every week - you will be amazed at how quickly changes occur that you are blinded to because you are watching the scales.

Trust IP, it works, it will get you losing but you can't sacrifice your body's health for the number on a scale. Stay positive. :)

---------

Funny NSV for me today - it amuses me greatly. All my life I have been heavier than my little sister. Until today. I'm an officially 1.7lbs lighter than her now. I truly feel accomplished today, even though I know she'll be watching her food closely this coming week. :)

Viking_Jim 02-15-2015 05:11 PM

I like your (Amanda's?) postscript Briael, being lighter than a sibling for the first time is a big NSV!

gs463 02-15-2015 07:47 PM

[QUOTE=Briael;5132201]You are unique. You may have a degree of insulin or leptin resistance that your body is trying to get past in the early days of ketosis. Many issues determine your weight loss pattern - are you drinking half of your body weight in oz of water per day? Are you getting in all your healthy fats (olive oil)? Are you making sure to get all 4 cups of veggies in?

Everyone's biology is different. Your hormone levels, salt intake (if you use the water additives, love sprinkling generous doses of salt on your meals, eat the higher sodium content packets), the time between meals, any exercise, your base metabolic rate, how well/quickly your body adapts to ketosis. Your journey is particular to your body, and you can't compare yourself with anyone else.

There will be good weeks and there will be weeks where, despite doing everything right with staying on plan, you don't lose at all. This is where you have to focus on alternative methods of gauging what IP is doing for you. Pull out the tape measure and check whether you're losing inches instead. Organise your wardrobe so you've got clothes you will be wearing soon and some for further down the weight loss line and keep trying them every week - you will be amazed at how quickly changes occur that you are blinded to because you are watching the scales.

Trust IP, it works, it will get you losing but you can't sacrifice your body's health for the number on a scale. Stay positive. :)

---------

Thank you for your kind words. I was having a tough day yesterday. I'm feeling much better today. I have had losses for my first 5 weeks so 1 week with no loss isn't bad. Thank you again for the support.

Sgrealtor1 02-16-2015 06:58 AM

OMG. I so love all you women and men lol.

Reading thru all the responses to someone else who had a bad scale week, I realized that last weekend I drank 2 2liter bottles of flavored seltzer....not my pelligrino that I normally drink. Someone had brought them to my Super Bowl party so they were still in the kitchen. I thought nothing of it until this moment....wonder if there was some hidden sugars in them. They were store brand wild berry and really it was sweet and delicious. Lol ....hummm I have had none this week ( of course cause I drank them both) so let's see what the scale does.

Btw I only have the seltzer after all my water is in, but last weekend I drank that instead of my water.....

janby 02-16-2015 09:38 AM

I am inspired by the all the posts on this thread. I am new to IP, but not to dieting, and am extremely motivated and hope I can stay that way. It it daunting to look at how much weight I need to lose, but, like many others, I am focusing on small amounts at a time.

Congrats to those who lose and also to those who are struggling but staying the course instead of giving up!

I, too, had to comment on Briael's note about weighing less than her sister. I have always been the heaviest child in my family, and one of my many goals is to weigh less than either of my two sisters--hopefully, for good.

gs463 02-16-2015 04:20 PM

So after not having a loss last week I got on the scale today and it looks like I'm down almost 2 lbs. I was getting tired of my daily salad for lunch so I decided to make some veggie soup this week since it is so cold outside. It really turned out well considering I just threw in lots of allowable veggies into a pot with water, sugar free tomato sauce, a small amount of low sodium chicken stock and seasoning. I put some of the cooked veggies into my bullet to blend them and stirred in back into the soup. That worked out pretty well to thicken it up.

Sgrealtor1 02-17-2015 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gs463 (Post 5132660)
So after not having a loss last week I got on the scale today and it looks like I'm down almost 2 lbs. I was getting tired of my daily salad for lunch so I decided to make some veggie soup this week since it is so cold outside. It really turned out well considering I just threw in lots of allowable veggies into a pot with water, sugar free tomato sauce, a small amount of low sodium chicken stock and seasoning. I put some of the cooked veggies into my bullet to blend them and stirred in back into the soup. That worked out pretty well to thicken it up.

I too am in a rut with lunch....pretty much the same salad every day lol.... I do sometimes have a chicken soup with it as my packet....

WI today, but 3 inches of new snow on the ground so not sure If Wi will happen.....

JJTx 02-17-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 (Post 5132865)
I too am in a rut with lunch....pretty much the same salad every day lol.... I do sometimes have a chicken soup with it as my packet....

:dizzy: Every day when I pack my lunch, and usually hubby's too, we say "yay salad..."

sweetvt 02-17-2015 11:22 AM

Same for me - salad every day. Although, I do try to mix it up in this cold weather with 2 cups of roasted veggies. I make them the night before and heat in microwave at work.

oneuh2 02-17-2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 (Post 5132865)

WI today, but 3 inches of new snow on the ground so not sure If Wi will happen.....

I hope you made it to weigh in - it is always hard to postpone seeing what the 'official scale' has to say...

I have salad everyday at lunch, but that's the free unlimited item... I try to make IP Packet muffins on the weekend so that I have them to grab and go for lunch at least 3 days during the week. (Use 4 packets to make a dozen, and 3 muffins is one serving.)

There is a cafeteria near my office that has roasted veggies -- I get those along with a romaine salads, most every day that I am working from the office, and with them I have the IP Leek or the IP Chicken soup -- sometimes I pour it over the veggies, sometimes I make the soup a it thinner, and add the veggies to the soup.

Some days I have the IP Oatmeal (now non-retricted) and it's sweet enough to be like dessert after my salad and veggies.

Some days I have the Sea Salt chips with my salad and veggies.... and usually an extra water, because the chips make me thirsty.

If I am at home, teleworking, I usually have left over veggies from the night before -- zuke and summer squash, cauliflower, green beans, mushrooms (fresh or canned) or frozen broccoli florets -- most of these I cook in low sodium reduced fat chicken broth, and season with McCormick Perfect Pinch garlic and herb, dry minced onion, and I use my IP salt to finish them when served.

Salad at home always includes some jicama for crunch.

I think I am more tired of the selection of veggies than I am bored with my overall lunches... cauli, broccoli, zuke... these are my mainstays. I do like turnips and rutabaga -- but I usually have those from something in the crockpot. So those mainstays are getting to be somewhat tiresome. Napa cabbage or Savoy cabbage are good alternatives to mix things up. I am not a Brussels sprouts person.... I have never tried kohlrabi..... once in awhile I find rhubarb at the produce section- so far no frozen rhubarb that I can find. I am too lazy to clean and prepare celery sticks...

Not sure if this helps you, but this is what's working for me.

canadjineh 02-17-2015 10:16 PM

re: celery sticks... Try the organic - no weird metallic flavour. And if you cut the root off, take the leafy center ribs out to use for soups and cooked dishes, and wrap the remaining sticks in paper towel before putting them back in the plastic bag, you will have a quickie celery stick that can just have a bit of a rinse before eating. Another veggie to try is fennel - makes an awesome salad, or a baking bed for salmon or trout. Chef Verati has a great fennel P1 salad on one of the first round of videos for P1.
Liana

oneuh2 02-17-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 5133191)
re: celery sticks... Try the organic - no weird metallic flavour. And if you cut the root off, take the leafy center ribs out to use for soups and cooked dishes, and wrap the remaining sticks in paper towel before putting them back in the plastic bag, you will have a quickie celery stick that can just have a bit of a rinse before eating. Another veggie to try is fennel - makes an awesome salad, or a baking bed for salmon or trout. Chef Verati has a great fennel P1 salad on one of the first round of videos for P1.
Liana

Thanks for the suggestions, Liana -- it is stringing celery that wears me out... but I will try the organic variety. I forget about fennel -- good ideas and I have some recipes too!

Sgrealtor1 02-18-2015 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 5133191)
Liana

Liana - I love fennel but can't find it on the sheet, restricted?

I buy 2 packages of the celery hearts every week. When I get home I chop off the tops and bottoms, put them in a plastic bag in the fridge and they are ready to go.....if I get the munchies they're is no prep!

I made it to WI yesterday and the 2 lb gain is gone and it took a friend....down 3 yesterday:carrot::carrot: I hit 70lbs gone:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

scorpio53 02-18-2015 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 (Post 5133267)

I made it to WI yesterday and the 2 lb gain is gone and it took a friend....down 3 yesterday:carrot::carrot: I hit 70lbs gone:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Woo Hoo - that's terrific!! You are doing awesome!! :carrot::carrot:

frawniemae 02-18-2015 08:53 AM

Sgrealtor 1 Congrats on the WI! Onederland will be your new home before long!

I have been neglectful posting in here. There are so many threads I can't remember where I've been and where I need to go! I go for my WI this morning. Hopefully their scales will be more reflective of the truth than last week. Mine show a 2.6 loss for the week. We'll see what theirs says. I would think it would be more since theirs showed I gained last week (mine showed a loss).
I tried to be super conscious of weighing veggies, and now that I finally got a list of what is restricted vs non-restricted, I am able to limit myself to one restricted a day, and the "bread and muffins" I make are being treated as a restricted. I don't know if it makes a difference since they are made with nonR products but they feel kind of like a cheat so I treat them as restricted.
I've always been a veggie eater so getting in the req'd 4 cups is easy for me. I have a tall round Tupperware container that use to hold spaghetti that now holds my celery! I trim a bunch, rinse and cut to fit inside it then add about 2 inches of water (which is replaced every couple of days) and they last for a good week. As I prep veggies for the week, I put the trimmings in a 4 cup plastic container and when it gets full, I make soup; sometimes with meat, most times not. The green leafy tops of celery are also good in salad!
I hope everyone has a great OP hump day!

JJTx 02-18-2015 10:39 AM

Good luck on your WI today Frawniemae!! "To err is human" - I'm sure your coaches will be back on track. Don't be afraid to ask them questions if you have them, that's what they are there for! :)

I have never like celery, in any shape or form unless it's chopped up tiny in a soup or something. :barf: I'd be willing to try organic if they really taste that different?

Made up some "bread" with potato puree, chicken soup and zucchini for lunches - I used two zucchini to four packets so I figure each serving will have 1/2 cup of zucchini, to add to my veggie count for the day. Still brought in a salad though... ;)

frawniemae 02-18-2015 01:02 PM

JJTx weigh in went much better today. I felt bad for my coach though. I could tell she was down. her mom recently had a stroke and she's having a tough time dealing with it. I felt more like the encourager today than she. But I showed a loss of 2.6 pounds. Their scales weigh me 5 pounds more than mine do at home, consistently (except for last week's hiccup) so I just go by what mine says. As long as the numbers are going down, it's all good!!

canadjineh 02-18-2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5133369)
I have never like celery, in any shape or form unless it's chopped up tiny in a soup or something. :barf: I'd be willing to try organic if they really taste that different?
;)

I never liked celery until I tried the organic... suggested it to another maintainer ('catlady') who also hated celery, now she likes it and buys organic. The usual suggestions apply when looking for a good bunch of stalks - they should not show very heavy ribbing or they will be tough and quite stringy.
The nasty metallic flavour comes from the chemicals they heavily spray on it. And I have never been able to wash that off (maybe with dish soap, lol, but who wants to wash their veggies with dish soap??).

Give it a try once and see if it changes your celery viewpoint. ;)

Liana

JJTx 02-18-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frawniemae (Post 5133441)
JJTx weigh in went much better today. I felt bad for my coach though. I could tell she was down. her mom recently had a stroke and she's having a tough time dealing with it. I felt more like the encourager today than she. But I showed a loss of 2.6 pounds. Their scales weigh me 5 pounds more than mine do at home, consistently (except for last week's hiccup) so I just go by what mine says. As long as the numbers are going down, it's all good!!

Poor coach. :( 2.6 is great though!!! I know what you mean about comparing scales, I weigh at home too and "usually" my home scale and clinic scale are .2 - .75 apart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 5133443)
I never liked celery until I tried the organic... suggested it to another maintainer ('catlady') who also hated celery, now she likes it and buys organic. The usual suggestions apply when looking for a good bunch of stalks - they should not show very heavy ribbing or they will be tough and quite stringy.
The nasty metallic flavour comes from the chemicals they heavily spray on it. And I have never been able to wash that off (maybe with dish soap, lol, but who wants to wash their veggies with dish soap??).

Give it a try once and see if it changes your celery viewpoint. ;)

Liana

I will look this week at the store, and try it - once! ;)

janby 02-18-2015 09:34 PM

Thanks for the tip about organic celery. I have never liked celery by itself, but I would like more snack alternatives.

I tried kale chips tonight. They turned out okay, but a few were a little too done. Guess it's a "practice makes perfect" kind of recipe...;)

Sgrealtor1 02-19-2015 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5133369)
Good luck on your WI today Frawniemae!! "To err is human" - I'm sure your coaches will be back on track. Don't be afraid to ask them questions if you have them, that's what they are there for! :)

Made up some "bread" with potato puree, chicken soup and zucchini for lunches - I used two zucchini to four packets so I figure each serving will have 1/2 cup of zucchini, to add to my veggie count for the day. Still brought in a salad though... ;)

I have made the flatbread with the potato purée.....totally forgot about that! Think it will be lunch today! Thanks for the reminder lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by frawniemae (Post 5133441)

Good WI:carrot: keep on chugging along......

Dinner out last night...had salmon which I realized I had not had in a while. Went to the movies with my girlfriends to see 50 shades of grey. 1st time EVER in my whole life I did not have any food or drink at the movies. :carrot::carrot: I did stash an emergency packet in my purse just in case, but it didn't even bother me not to have it. It did help that nobody I was with bought any either....but still! Quite an accomplishment for me.

loser58 02-26-2015 09:08 PM

This thread needs to be back on the front page. Those of us with a long road need the support!

Avalon1957 02-27-2015 10:07 AM

I was experimenting this morning with my LINEAR REGRESSION LINES based on previous (historical) weight loss data that I've been using to predict future weight loss. And I found that after losing over 70 pounds, my losses were not dropping in a linear fashion anymore. So I tried changing the regression lines from LINEAR to EXPONENTIAL ... and POW ... now my losses are hugging those new exponential decline lines.

For those that might not know, linear regression lines are perfectly straight, while exponential regression lines are softly curved -- when increasing curvature as you move along the line (forward in time).

My new loss charts now showing EXPONENTIAL regression lines are shown below.

For lay people, this is simply showing that as you lose weight, it becomes harder and harder to lose weight, and your losses slow. (Something that most people probably already have an inherent sense of). It's cool when science and empirical data match up like that. I also never knew that weight loss tends to follow an exponential decline pattern -- though you might only see it if you have a lot of weight to lose.

So it appears from my new exponential regression prediction lines, I might be closing in on my 136 pound loss goal in only another 5 months (end of July). YAY!

https://mindstar.com/scratch/WL_2015_02_27.jpg

https://mindstar.com/scratch/ML_2015_02_27.jpg

JJTx 02-27-2015 10:24 AM

Wow Avalon, I love having you and Briael around to be science-y for the rest of us! :)

canadjineh 02-27-2015 01:46 PM

Hey JJTx: Did you get to try organic celery yet?

the_magpie 02-27-2015 07:15 PM

I'm so happy this thread exists! Thank you all for bumping it up! It's so hard to see someone AT my goal weight talking so negatively about themselves, which happens in some of the other threads in this forum, sometimes.

This thread's existence MIGHT give me the courage to put in my SW/CW/GW, in my profile. Maybe.

:hug: for all of us with a long road.

oneuh2 02-27-2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 5136947)

Not sure about JJTX but I tried the organic celery - I cut the tops and bottoms off, put it in a tall cylinder shaped container, root end down in the water, and into the fridge (using the frawniemae method, I believe).

The flavor was good - very fresh and green, but WOW - it was incredibly stringy! I don't know if it was the variety I bought or if that's typical....

Not sure if I would go for it again or not - I believe that organic veggies are a smarter choice, but I think I might be happier with cukes and zukes as my go to raw veggies for P1. Celery is requirement for somethings like tuna salad and chicken salad and stuffing for the turkey as well as this cranberry jello salad I make for the holidays. Beyond that, I don't think I need to have much celery.

Rayze 02-27-2015 11:03 PM

Hi everyone! Still getting used to Phase 4, but weight is stable, so I'm doing something right! I'm getting used to my new size and have invested in a nice wardrobe. That plus a new haircut and contacts has made a dramatic transformation which I am now feeling more comfortable "owning." Hope everyone has an easy OP weekend.

Sgrealtor1 02-28-2015 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_magpie (Post 5137030)
I'm so happy this thread exists! Thank you all for bumping it up! It's so hard to see someone AT my goal weight talking so negatively about themselves, which happens in some of the other threads in this forum, sometimes.

This thread's existence MIGHT give me the courage to put in my SW/CW/GW, in my profile. Maybe.

:hug: for all of us with a long road.

Good for you.....the road is long but with strength and this group we will get there....keep plugging along and show you're success in a ticker...you have nothing to be ashamed of. We have all been there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayze (Post 5137098)
Hi everyone! Still getting used to Phase 4, but weight is stable, so I'm doing something right! I'm getting used to my new size and have invested in a nice wardrobe. That plus a new haircut and contacts has made a dramatic transformation which I am now feeling more comfortable "owning." Hope everyone has an easy OP weekend.

Love hearing your success story Rayze! I have purchased some clothes that Fit and it makes such a difference. I told my hairdresser when I got my last color to start thinking of a new do for me.....I think onederland treat will be a new look for me....maybe short with layers since I have a worn it long and straight for the past 10 years or so....time for a change...

Monday morning I am going to re start exercising. I did give it a try a few weeks ago and was up 2 at that wi. Not sure it was the exercise or something else but it was enough for me to take a week and regroup. Lost that 2 last week but nothing more. I really really really want to be out of the 210's so I need to get my act together.

sweetvt 02-28-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 (Post 5137155)
Monday morning I am going to re start exercising. I did give it a try a few weeks ago and was up 2 at that wi. Not sure it was the exercise or something else but it was enough for me to take a week and regroup. Lost that 2 last week but nothing more. I really really really want to be out of the 210's so I need to get my act together.

What type of exercise are you doing? I've read others experience a gain as well so I'm curious. I got a fitbit and do 10k steps a day. It's not strenuous, but I'm moving. My weight loss has been steady. Thinking I want to try something more, like weight or strength training.

CenTXChk 02-28-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayze (Post 5137098)

I love reading this!! Thank you Rayze, such motivation for me. :hug:

After 2 wks of very small gains, I am seeing some real movement on my home scale (within 5 lbs of hitting 100 lost movement). I am determined to reach that goal on my IP scale asap and am finally looking forward to being weighed and measured at my WI Monday. I want to see change in some numbers! ;)

I have focused focused focused on getting all of my water in this week. Water makes such a huge difference in my losses. Why do I continue to fight it?

the_magpie 02-28-2015 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetvt (Post 5137192)
What type of exercise are you doing? I've read others experience a gain as well so I'm curious. I got a fitbit and do 10k steps a day. It's not strenuous, but I'm moving. My weight loss has been steady. Thinking I want to try something more, like weight or strength training.

I want to work up to 10k steps, too. I have arthritis in my foot (and I'm sure the weight isn't helping), so I'm starting slow.

Doing strength training is an awesome idea, but you may need to eat another packet per day, to have enough protein available to build muscle. Three packets/day is good for maintaining muscle, but it doesn't leave a lot extra for building it.

You'll also want to be mentally ready for the weight not to go down in the same way; if inches are more motivating for you, then it won't be much of a shift, but I know some of us focus on that scale number. And muscle is heavy--awesome for you! and it'll look great! but heavy.

Definitely worth talking over with your coach!

Briael 02-28-2015 12:58 PM

Yes, strenuous exercise will cause a weight gain. The science behind it is that as you exercise your muscle will break down from the stress. It uses extra water while repairing it (in conjunction with protein and some carbs - for protein synthesis) so you gain water and muscle weight.

It will even out though. With the long running intervals of C25K, I am bouncing all over the scales (variance of +/- 3lbs on any given day) but the measurements are going down and then I'll have a "whoosh" in the next couple of weeks.

Not sure if the other Couch to 5K folks have noticed the same issue. For me, it's more about losing the body fat percentage than the actual weight, because muscle will ultimately burn MORE fat and will increase your metabolic rate which will help hugely in maintenance.

Don't be scared of temporary upticks while you're doing exercise, it doesn't mean you aren't losing weight, just that it's masked by muscle gain. :)

On the subject of muscle being heavy - basically, a pound of fat and a pound of muscle are STILL both a pound of weight. Just that the underlying physical processes that produce and utilise them have different requirements. Muscle needs more water to function - the water helps push glucose and glycogen in and out of muscle - so you have to accept that gaining muscle will mean a higher water percentage than fat, which needs less water. This is why muscle burns more calories than fat, it's working harder for you.

canadjineh 02-28-2015 03:03 PM

Yeah, like Briael said, muscle actually takes up less room, pound for pound, than fat, so you will be slimmer and tighter, but heavier. That's why it's important not to get too stuck on the scale number. I don't care if the scale says 160 lbs if I take the same size as if it says 135. I would be smoother and more taut anyhow. Something to look forward to actually. And exercise is a good habit to get into for maintenance... :carrot:

Liana

JJTx 02-28-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 5136947)

I did and it was still gross :p but to be fair it was store-brand organic and pretty stringy. I'll have to make a trip to Sprouts or Whole Foods to look for something more legit.

rainbowsmiles 02-28-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5137400)
I did and it was still gross :p but to be fair it was store-brand organic and pretty stringy. I'll have to make a trip to Sprouts or Whole Foods to look for something more legit.

have you tried celery in a recipe???
like peanut butter stir fry?

canadjineh 02-28-2015 09:26 PM

Sorry your celery experiences were disappointing gals. Maybe one more try with a good farm brand. I would wait to buy it until the choices seemed to be less tough looking. Some weeks I don't buy celery because it all looks stringy (but I do miss it then).
Liana

Sgrealtor1 03-01-2015 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetvt (Post 5137192)

I had started with the C25k program because I like the idea of 1. Running eventually with the skinny people in my neighborhood LOL and 2. The Ap is cool!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenTXChk (Post 5137231)
I love reading this!! Thank you Rayze, such motivation for me. :hug:

After 2 wks of very small gains, I am seeing some real movement on my home scale (within 5 lbs of hitting 100 lost movement). I am determined to reach that goal on my IP scale asap and am finally looking forward to being weighed and measured at my WI Monday. I want to see change in some numbers! ;)

I have focused focused focused on getting all of my water in this week. Water makes such a huge difference in my losses. Why do I continue to fight it?

Drink drink drink lol. I put 32 oz. of water in a bottle on the kitchen counter when I get up at 6 and I must have that finished by 9am....that's my rule. Then I fill it again and sip thru the day. Usually I have all my necessary water in by noon and the rest is extra! I work from home so that's why I keep in the kitchen, but just as easy to do on your desk at work....

FYI I live on celery :dizzy: that's my in between meals filler.....

CenTXChk 03-04-2015 07:37 AM

Good morning my 100+ lb losers! :)

Just wanted to share a book I just finished reading that I heard about on NPR. An autobiography called "It was me all along" by Andie Mitchell. Story about a woman who losses 135lbs after being overweight since childhood. I thought the first half of the book got a little tedious about her childhood but once she lost the weight, I found myself relating to her again and again. Gave me hope that I might be able to find lifelong success, come to peace with my body and enjoy food (in moderation again).

One passage at the end stuck out at me:

"I will alway know fat. And love who she was. And know that fat, in itself, is not a bad word. I'll own it and respect those twenty years. They were hard, but they were sweet, too. I grew up in that body, in that time, in that big, beautiful mind.

I will always love thin. And love who she is. And know that even when she feels heavier mentally, she's freer now. She's effervescent. Small but tough.

I will always know that the grass, though it seems emerald and glowing in that field in the other side - it isn't. Flowers grow here. They grow over there. Weeds do, too.

But both are wide, and they're open. And I can lie and cry in one and move and spin in the other, all while knowing this: they're the same field.

And they're both mine."

Not talking Pulitzer here, but an interesting read from someone who's done it and been able to maintain. Thought you might be interested.