3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Goals of 100+ Loss Vol #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/302396-goals-100-loss-vol-2-a.html)

Grateful4Health 07-08-2015 11:22 PM

Welcome Lindsey:) - say hello over on the Daily Chat also, that’s the thread that most people check regularly. Loved what you wrote. I always felt the same about before photos also - beauty at all times.

frawniemae 07-09-2015 10:49 AM

Welcome to the forums Lindsey! With your attitude and a coach you love, I think you'll do great this time! 3rd times a charm, you know ;)!

AFA my journey goes, i am just a little past my halfway point and while I am not "diet fatigued", I do find myself occasionally slipping off Protocol a bit. For instance yesterday, that pat of butter beat me but all's good. I just cut back on my evoo for the day. Some days I stick 100% OP with all IP products and my 5 "extras" and on others, I use a few alts instead and don't keep up with the extras. I look at this IP/OP thing as my way of eating FOREVER so I have to find what will work for me in the long run. Maybe I am thinking too far ahead (ie, P2-P4) since I still have a lot to lose but I have to know that I can do this later on. It's a mind thing. I am not even close to being through yet. I just need to take it one day, one bite and one craving at a time.

Grateful4Health 07-09-2015 12:54 PM

Frawnie you are fantastic:)

I did something similar around 3/4 through, I had a coach and we talked about it throughout. I was exercising so added packets as needed, and also for a period of time upped my EVO 1 or 2 tsp and added 1 oz. of cheese. That cheese got me through the holidays because it felt so decadent. I melted it on the soy crisps with veggies. Had to pull the extras back out the next few months but it really helped my confidence level about my ability to go into maintenance.

LizziBea 07-14-2015 04:18 PM

Hey y'all
I'm Lizzi from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I tried IP last summer and lost about 15 lbs, but have been slowly gaining that back (plus 10 more) all year. When my scale hit 250, I kind of freaked out- that is the most I have ever weighed :-/ and I decided I had to do something. So, I restarted IP last weekend last weekend. I am really determined to make it work this time! Right now I am just eating the food I have leftover from my last go on IP. I think I need to prove to myself that I can stick with it for a while before I can justify the cost and stress of going to a clinic. Anyway, I'm trying to lose 120 lbs. You ladies in this thread are such an inspiration!

Sgrealtor1 07-15-2015 06:39 AM

Lizzi good luck! These boards will help you thru your journey. They have been my saving grace most times...

How are all the 100# ers doing? Still plugging along trying to hit 100. Just a few weeks over a year on program. Slow down for sure, but not giving up. Stress is taking its toll on my weight loss but I will prevail!

CloverDog 07-15-2015 05:20 PM

Hi everyone!!!

I joined IP on January 9th this year. I started at 285 and wanted to get to my goal of 175. I am down 90lbs as of today!!! On the home stretch, though it is getting VERY hard now I am in such a happy place and feel so good and am happy with how I look!

CloverDog 07-15-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizziBea (Post 5184681)
Hey y'all
I'm Lizzi from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I tried IP last summer and lost about 15 lbs, but have been slowly gaining that back (plus 10 more) all year. When my scale hit 250, I kind of freaked out- that is the most I have ever weighed :-/ and I decided I had to do something. So, I restarted IP last weekend last weekend. I am really determined to make it work this time! Right now I am just eating the food I have leftover from my last go on IP. I think I need to prove to myself that I can stick with it for a while before I can justify the cost and stress of going to a clinic. Anyway, I'm trying to lose 120 lbs. You ladies in this thread are such an inspiration!

You've got this, Lizzi! If I can do it, ANYONE can. I am so not kidding. Just keep thinking of how amazing you will look and feel. It is hard but so so worth the hard work!

frawniemae 07-16-2015 10:33 AM

The trick to losing as much weight as I plan (150 pounds) is to definitely have the mindset that this is not a diet; it's a lifestyle. Repeat: THIS IS NOT A DIET!! It is a lifestyle. I will never be able to go back to the way I was eating before IP. If I do the weight will return. And I refuse to let that happen. I am a bit past the halfway point and while I may not reach my GW by Christmas, I will reach it! And once there, I know it will be a daily challenge to stay there. I already have a "scream" weight chosen that will allow me some "breathing room" but I don't plan on "screaming" often!!

Focus on the new life you'll have as you move through each of the phases and stay strong! Each of us is so worth it!

wuv2bloved 07-20-2015 12:12 PM

Frawine is correct, don't think of this as a "diet" its a "lifestyle" change. That is one of the things that a lot of people don't do. When you think of it as a diet its like more of a challenge but when you think of it as a lifestyle change you think, I can do this....its not so bad. When you tell someone you are on a diet what are the common things they tell you?...it won't last, you will gain it all back, that is not healthy....but that is THEIR way of thinking, you are taught to eat what you body needs and nothing more, trust me you get used of it and you will get sick of the veggies HOWEVER this is what your body needs. I am saying this because I was on the program strict for 2 years and I am STILL eating this way....IF I eat anything other than I normally eat I start sneezing like crazy its like I have built up a reaction to some foods its crazy. My boys tease me when I do it they said ut oh mom ate real food....its crazy and funny at the same time. In the last 2 years I have gained 30lbs back but I am back at it 100% again to get that 30lbs off....as of today I am down 6.2lbs. I am glad to see that there are so many that have lost 100+lbs its great!!...CONGRATS to ALL of you!

Amberkkski 07-20-2015 12:34 PM

Hey guys! trying to find some forums where people actually talk! lol I still cant believe how much this site has changed since the last time I was on here years ago. Im Amber + 25 from New York. Started weight watchers back in March and this is the most weight ive lost dieting!

Sgrealtor1 07-21-2015 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frawniemae (Post 5185274)
The trick to losing as much weight as I plan (150 pounds) is to definitely have the mindset that this is not a diet; it's a lifestyle. Repeat: THIS IS NOT A DIET!! It is a lifestyle. I will never be able to go back to the way I was eating before IP. If I do the weight will return. And I refuse to let that happen. I am a bit past the halfway point and while I may not reach my GW by Christmas, I will reach it! And once there, I know it will be a daily challenge to stay there. I already have a "scream" weight chosen that will allow me some "breathing room" but I don't plan on "screaming" often!!

Focus on the new life you'll have as you move through each of the phases and stay strong! Each of us is so worth it!

Love the new photo Frawnie! You look fantastic!!! :carrot:

Wahoofan 07-21-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amberkkski (Post 5186458)
Hey guys! trying to find some forums where people actually talk! lol I still cant believe how much this site has changed since the last time I was on here years ago. Im Amber + 25 from New York. Started weight watchers back in March and this is the most weight ive lost dieting!

The daily chat thread is currently on page 2. As monthly threads became popular, they were merged into seasonal threads and the daily chat died out a bit. Summer tends to be slower around here and I'm not sure anyone ever started a thread for 2015 summer starters.

kirag 07-27-2015 03:51 PM

Fifty pounds down, Thank you IP.

AltKatonIP 07-28-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirag (Post 5188582)

Way to go kirag!! Doesn't it feel great? :cp:

1LittleStar 07-30-2015 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirag (Post 5188582)

Congrats!!