Old 02-08-2015, 08:32 PM   #1  
IP Restart 1/4/16

S/C/G: 213.5/191.2/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Default What's on your fitness motivation board?

Hello Ipeeps,

I just wanted to share the fitness motivation board that I created based on some posts that I saw on Pinterest. I think it's great tool for those who like a visual to keep track of their progress and need a bit of inspiration. Each clothespin represents a pound and I move them from the "Pounds to Shed" section to the "Pounds Shed" section as I lose weight. I also have motivational quotes, the IP protocol, and the schedule for my gym posted on the board. I am adding a before picture and will add progress pictures at each mini goal.

Does anyone else have a fitness motivation board/wall that they would like to share?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_1rsz_fitnessmotivationboard.jpg (73.6 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by Lilaberry; 02-08-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Lilaberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:42 PM   #2  
Started IP 1/9/2015

S/C/G: 237/140/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilaberry View Post
Hello Ipeeps,

I just wanted to share the fitness motivation board that I created based on some posts that I saw on Pinterest. I think it's great tool for those who like a visual to keep track of their progress and need a bit of inspiration. Each clothespin represents a pound and I move them from the "Pounds to Shed" section to the "Pounds Shed" section as I lose weight. I also have motivational quotes, the IP protocol, and the schedule for my gym posted on the board. I am adding a before picture and will add progress pictures at each 25lbs goal.

Does anyone else have a fitness motivation board/wall that they would like to share?
Lilaberry - your board is amazing! It has motivated me to do something like it... Thanks for this!!
AltKatonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:51 PM   #3  
IP Restart 1/4/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltKatonIP View Post
Lilaberry - your board is amazing! It has motivated me to do something like it... Thanks for this!!
Thank you so much AltKaton! It has really helped me stay on track, both the clothespins that I have moved, as well as the ones that still need to be moved keep me motivated! Please post your board when you create yours.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/169/140

Height: 5'0

I have these 2 things in my room. The mason jars are a little pinterest project that have a cork for each pound I want to lose. I move them over based on my home scale since that has the most regulated weighing conditions. The corkboard has pictures of me at my heaviest (~280) and pictures of me at my lightest (~160) to remind me where I've been and where I want to go. My current goal is 20lbs less than any picture on that board.

poundsjars.jpg

thinspoboard.jpg
Anikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:56 PM   #5  
IP Restart 1/4/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anikens View Post
I have these 2 things in my room. The mason jars are a little pinterest project that have a cork for each pound I want to lose. I move them over based on my home scale since that has the most regulated weighing conditions. The corkboard has pictures of me at my heaviest (~280) and pictures of me at my lightest (~160) to remind me where I've been and where I want to go. My current goal is 20lbs less than any picture on that board.
Anikens, thank you so much for sharing. I have seen the jars on Pinterest as well, and I think they are a great idea. I love your picture board and the thought process behind it! I definitely need to add my lightest and heaviest pics to my board.

Last edited by Lilaberry; 02-08-2015 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:59 AM   #6  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Nice idea! Your board is very cool looking. I guess for me, this chatroom/forum kind of serves that purpose -- a public gawking at my losses -- and some cheering on from remote corners of the planet.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:08 AM   #7  
IP Restart 1/4/16

Avalon,
Thanks! "Public gawking" made me giggle. I have found this forum to be like an incredibly supportive and knowledgeable friend who wants to see me succeed. The board (which is posted in my living room) keeps me from sitting on my couch and eating a pepperoni pizza or something else that isn't OP. It also helps get me moving!
Old 02-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #8  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilaberry View Post
Avalon, Thanks! "Public gawking" made me giggle. I have found this forum to be like an incredibly supportive and knowledgeable friend who wants to see me succeed. The board (which is posted in my living room) keeps me from sitting on my couch and eating a pepperoni pizza or something else that isn't OP. It also helps get me moving!
Yes! Public gawking, which I imagine might look like this at times ...

And don't forget the cheering on, which is very important ...

I totally agree about using this forum as motivation! I can just imagine you in your living room staying on the straight and narrow. We use whatever tools and tricks we can muster up.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 02-09-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: (reboot) 294/263/210

Height: 6'-0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Nice idea! Your board is very cool looking. I guess for me, this chatroom/forum kind of serves that purpose -- a public gawking at my losses -- and some cheering on from remote corners of the planet.
I am on a similar path. I love the forums. It was more difficult than I imagined to try and find an IP board that is active.

I am about 2 weeks into reboot so it is time for the exercise part of my motivation. My version of the motivation board is I use the IFTTT.com and have it text me in the AM a reminder to make proper choices and later in the day it emails me my after picture from my first IP run 4 years ago (2.5 years successful maintenance). So I know what I can do because I did it before.
First time ever I shared publicly. Down from 307# http://goo.gl/H1xlWI

I plan on upgrading to a bluetooth heart rate monitor and us the IFTTT app to log and monitor that also via the spreedsheets of google drive. I have few things before all that happens but it on the list.

Last edited by wylothar; 02-09-2015 at 10:42 PM.
wylothar is offline   Reply With Quote