Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 06:39 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-16-2015, 07:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/138/115 (Reboot-Nov. 2015)

Height: 5'-3 1/2"

Back at the diet again and it is sooooo slow this time around. I have been on it for a month now and have only lost 4 pounds. Up and own all the time. I don't show ketosis at all. I am doing phase 1 again now. The first time I did it, I dropped 12 pounds in the first week but the last 10 was certainly a longer process and I averaged a pound or so then as well. I am working with my coach to see if higher calories and 4 IP packs a day might help. I have been having my TOM every 2 weeks as well which is not fun. Doctors appointment soon to get that checked out. Anyone out there dealing with this as well. I joined a gym that I plan to start as well but am certainly out of shape since I didn't do very much exercise when I lost the weight before.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:34 AM   #3  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Blondi13 Good luck with everything.

I have jury duty this morning. I hope to be excused with the reason of babysitting my grand daughter on occasion. I really wouldn't mind serving, but in will mess with me staying on protocol, I think. Especially the water part. I'm pretty sure having to be excused to go pee every 20 minutes or so would be frowned upon. I may tell the judge I'm on a medically necessary diet where I have to consume large quantities of water. Not sure how he/she'd take that. I know they must hear all kinds of excuses. But we'll see how it goes.
Have a great OP day everyone! I'm going to try!!
Old 02-16-2015, 08:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Ugh, I gained 0.4 this week. Annoying because I was out of town over the weekend for a soccer tournament for my DD and I brought all of my salad stuff with me and only ate out one dinner (ate a tasteless grilled chicken and broccoli). I sat through 2 breakfasts at Waffle House and Denny’s with the team sipping on a cup of coffee with a dribble of 2% milk while everyone else gorged themselves on my favorite breakfast foods. I snacked on my soy nuts while everyone else was drinking wine and eating pizza Sat night. The sad thing is I was starving all weekend. I know I didn’t get enough protein and veggies. How can I see a gain?!?

I am not that upset, just annoyed. And I am leaving for my work trip tomorrow which now has me thinking that I can expect not to see a loss again next Monday. Even 100% OP, there are too many foods out of my control when traveling.

My coach suggested boot camp. Has anyone heard of this? She said to substitute my animal protein for dinner with 2 IP packets. So I am going to do that today and starting Thurs when I get home through Sun….unless I need some meat  I will do it tonight and reassess when I get on my home scale Fri morning.

Wish me luck!
Old 02-16-2015, 09:06 AM   #5  
Rebooting Mode

S/C/G: 227/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!
I'm in my first reboot and realized this morning that my previous IP experience I was putting skim milk in my coffee and the new sheet says regular milk. First of all, is regular milk whole milk? And do I need the fat in the regular milk or can I continue to use the skim?
Thanks!
Old 02-16-2015, 09:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondi13 View Post
Back at the diet again and it is sooooo slow this time around. I have been on it for a month now and have only lost 4 pounds. Up and own all the time. I don't show ketosis at all. I am doing phase 1 again now. The first time I did it, I dropped 12 pounds in the first week but the last 10 was certainly a longer process and I averaged a pound or so then as well. I am working with my coach to see if higher calories and 4 IP packs a day might help. I have been having my TOM every 2 weeks as well which is not fun. Doctors appointment soon to get that checked out. Anyone out there dealing with this as well. I joined a gym that I plan to start as well but am certainly out of shape since I didn't do very much exercise when I lost the weight before.
Sorry I don't have any scientific knowledge to reassure you, but I understand the less weight you have to lose, the slower it make take. I hope that you get it all figured out and get to where you want to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Blondi13 Good luck with everything.

I have jury duty this morning. I hope to be excused with the reason of babysitting my grand daughter on occasion. I really wouldn't mind serving, but in will mess with me staying on protocol, I think. Especially the water part. I'm pretty sure having to be excused to go pee every 20 minutes or so would be frowned upon. I may tell the judge I'm on a medically necessary diet where I have to consume large quantities of water. Not sure how he/she'd take that. I know they must hear all kinds of excuses. But we'll see how it goes.
Have a great OP day everyone! I'm going to try!!
You have great determination, I bet even if you do end up serving you will find the way to stay OP! I understand about the frequent restroom breaks Maybe save most of your water for the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Ugh, I gained 0.4 this week. Annoying because I was out of town over the weekend for a soccer tournament for my DD and I brought all of my salad stuff with me and only ate out one dinner (ate a tasteless grilled chicken and broccoli). I sat through 2 breakfasts at Waffle House and Denny’s with the team sipping on a cup of coffee with a dribble of 2% milk while everyone else gorged themselves on my favorite breakfast foods. I snacked on my soy nuts while everyone else was drinking wine and eating pizza Sat night. The sad thing is I was starving all weekend. I know I didn’t get enough protein and veggies. How can I see a gain?!?

I am not that upset, just annoyed. And I am leaving for my work trip tomorrow which now has me thinking that I can expect not to see a loss again next Monday. Even 100% OP, there are too many foods out of my control when traveling.

My coach suggested boot camp. Has anyone heard of this? She said to substitute my animal protein for dinner with 2 IP packets. So I am going to do that today and starting Thurs when I get home through Sun….unless I need some meat  I will do it tonight and reassess when I get on my home scale Fri morning.

Wish me luck!
Good luck!

It's another week of zero loss, I have been seeing a series of slow losses both in weight and inches (about an inch in three weeks overall). And being so close to goal is making it extra frustrating, especially since my goal still has me in the over weight category, so I would think I wouldn't be slowing down yet! I am staying OP and haven't really changed up my food from when I was losing more, but I am trying to change it up a bit more to see if that will shake some of the fat loose and I'll keep on keeping on until I get there.

On a happy note I finally got my bra order in the mail and I no longer need to wear what felt like a clown bra (similar to clown shoes).

Have a great OP week everyone!
Old 02-16-2015, 09:43 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista110 View Post
I'm in my first reboot and realized this morning that my previous IP experience I was putting skim milk in my coffee and the new sheet says regular milk. First of all, is regular milk whole milk? And do I need the fat in the regular milk or can I continue to use the skim?
Thanks!
The more science is learning, the more they're learning it isn't the fat that makes us fat but the sweets, starches, and just plain overindulgence . I say use whatever you consider to be "regular" milk
Quote:

If you think you had too LITTLE food and had the slight uptick, why does you coach feel that LESS is the answer? Is this a coach knee-jerk reaction to one weigh-in or a sustained period of no losses?

Quote:
Two things:
#1 less weight to lose = slower.
#2 It is pretty well known in the LC community that the body isn't so easily "tricked" a second time & revisiting a VLC plan will result in slower losses. It still works, we just have to be more patient

Good luck!

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-16-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Are you measuring? Have you had any NSV's (looser clothes)? The irregular TOM could also be causing you to retain water.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:12 AM   #9  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Wish me luck!
I agree with Lisa! You probably didn't eat enough. I often increase my protein by a couple ounces. I was a little loose with my EVOO too. And I could be ER resist the skin on my chicken or fat on the beef. I'm not saying that is the right way to go, but I don't think restricting with extra pkgs is the way either unless that makes you happy. Personally, it would make me crazy. I needed my night protein!

Last edited by ChipnDip; 02-16-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

So I got a compliment, I think lol, yesterday. I ran into an old friend of me and my DH, she speaks Spanish, not too much English, so she says to me, "Kelly? omg you look younger and 'not so fat'" Lol I got a kick out of it! It's been a good 9 or 10 years since I've seen her. The funny thing is I was no where near my heaviest back then, I didn't weight too much more than I do now.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #11  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

I fulfilled my civic duty by showing up but I didn't get picked! Yeah! No jury duty for another (I hope) 5 years or so. That's seems to be how often my "number comes up". Got home in time for lunch so I did a RTD mango with some spinach. Boy! That was tasty!!
Old 02-16-2015, 03:54 PM   #12  
Sunshine

S/C/G: S197.8/C174.4/G135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
I fulfilled my civic duty by showing up but I didn't get picked! Yeah! No jury duty for another (I hope) 5 years or so. That's seems to be how often my "number comes up". Got home in time for lunch so I did a RTD mango with some spinach. Boy! That was tasty!!
I have a RTD mango and was thinking about doing the 2 cups of frozen spinach and was afraid to try it and not like it and my RTD be wasted.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:01 PM   #13  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
As estrogen is released with fat and free fatty acids when you burn fat, this makes me think that you ARE burning fat. Last week I seemed to go into hyper burning mode and was dropping almost a pound per day, but I was getting spotting and cramping. Are you keeping a food diary so you can see common points/shortfalls in your macros when you have unwanted side effects?

How are you measuring for ketosis? If it's on urine sticks then you are only measuring EXCESS ketones that are excreted, not those currently in the blood and it may be deceiving you.

Quote:

Wish me luck!
I agree with Lisa and ChipnDip. You are having too few calories and carbs. On days when I skip veggies (because it's not convenient with my planned day) I see no loss for a couple of days. This diet is restrictive enough without having too little food.

I've heard of boot camp, hubby did it for 3 days after a major binge to get him back into IP mode, but I don't agree with it and I definitely don't think it's right for you just because you had a slight uptick. Think your coach may be worried about you becoming derailed because of your hectic life at present and is rushing to correct what doesn't need fixing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post

It's another week of zero loss, I have been seeing a series of slow losses both in weight and inches (about an inch in three weeks overall). And being so close to goal is making it extra frustrating, especially since my goal still has me in the over weight category, so I would think I wouldn't be slowing down yet! I am staying OP and haven't really changed up my food from when I was losing more, but I am trying to change it up a bit more to see if that will shake some of the fat loose and I'll keep on keeping on until I get there.

On a happy note I finally got my bra order in the mail and I no longer need to wear what felt like a clown bra (similar to clown shoes).

Have a great OP week everyone!
Yep yep yep, exact same thing happened to me ... check out the last 4 or 5 weeks. I even had a slight uptick but it's moving solidly again now. This could be the running effect - muscle gain and fat loss balancing each other out.

WooT woot for the new bra. Hope it's a fancy shmancy one.

Last edited by Briael; 02-16-2015 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:26 PM   #14  

Height: 5'3"

I have a new favorite meal. "Oven fried" chicken breasts with Kay's Natural crispy parmesan chips (thrown in food processor) with green beans and mock deviled eggs, dip the chicken tenders in WF ranch with spices added and it is DELICIOUS. I made it Saturday night and I'm making it tonight (without the green beans, sadly).

A comfort food meal is needed considering we are in the middle of an ice storm warning that is just going to get worse. Bah.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 02-16-2015, 08:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

I had my weigh in for week 4 and lost another 3 pounds. So glad to have found this program. For the last year I have tried a couple different diets but had little success. For me, not having much of an appetite is what keeps me on plan.

Hope everyone has a great OP night.
Closed Thread