Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 04:37 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Tues 1/27/2015

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-27-2015, 04:39 AM   #2  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

"All dieters and maintainers go through periods when dieting feels more difficult. The good news: this is completely normal and happens to EVERYONE. Keep doing what you’re doing and dieting WILL get easier again."
Old 01-27-2015, 08:46 AM   #3  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Morning all,

So coming off my successful reboot, doing P2 for 5 days and can I say I can barely be bothered? Really, I'd rather have 2 packets at night with some salad and veggies - or a bar and a packet if I'm on the go. I know, I know, but sometimes it feels like a pain in the butt. I don't eat meat so it's fish or eggs for me as my 8 oz dinner protein. Cooked veggies do offer some variety but it's the protein that's getting old.

Made 'egg salad' last night with a little WF mayo, yellow mustard and spread it along the spines of romaine lettuce leaves - had to slap DH's hands as he was trying to sample. Very good. Still in love with my WF caramel dip and celery.

Have a great day peeps!

E
Old 01-27-2015, 09:00 AM   #4  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Morning! Weighed in this morning at 165.8! Less than a pound back to my original goal weight. Aiming to take 5 more off after that. Hopefully it should only take 3 weeks or so at the rate it's going so far.

lisa, that quote really resonates with me. This reboot has not been easy, with all the cold and snow all I want is to cuddle up with some comfort food. The soup packets have been a saving grace, which is amazing since I really didn't like them the first go round.

ecdcslim, congrats on a successful reboot! 5 days will be over before you know it and you'll be back to the yummy breakfasts.

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 01-27-2015 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:11 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hope everyone in the northeast is staying warm!!! I am currently watching the snow blow sideways past my window, but thankfully it seems to be light snow and not the wet heavy stuff. Hubby and I will be taking shoveling shifts later this afternoon once the winds die down a bit.

Lisa, that quote is so perfect! IP makes it deceptively easy to "diet" because it is so structured, but even we are not immune to diet fatigue. It helps to know that we aren't alone when we struggle!

So we've got some big changes coming to the house this weekend...we are adopting a dog! My kids have been asking for a while now so we spent many months getting them in better habits of cleaning up (especially Legos. My morning bare feet really appreciate that), and taking on responsibilities in the house so that they can help with care. Hubby always had dogs, and I've been feeling the itch to have something furry to love I belong to a puggle rescue group on Facebook and they posted a photo of the sweetest boy a few weeks back, I just knew he was my dog! He'll be transported from North Carolina Saturday and I'll pick him up in Rhode Island on Sunday afternoon I'm already a proud mama!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:26 AM   #6  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Hope everyone in the northeast is staying warm!!! I am currently watching the snow blow sideways past my window, but thankfully it seems to be light snow and not the wet heavy stuff. Hubby and I will be taking shoveling shifts later this afternoon once the winds die down a bit.

Lisa, that quote is so perfect! IP makes it deceptively easy to "diet" because it is so structured, but even we are not immune to diet fatigue. It helps to know that we aren't alone when we struggle!

So we've got some big changes coming to the house this weekend...we are adopting a dog! My kids have been asking for a while now so we spent many months getting them in better habits of cleaning up (especially Legos. My morning bare feet really appreciate that), and taking on responsibilities in the house so that they can help with care. Hubby always had dogs, and I've been feeling the itch to have something furry to love I belong to a puggle rescue group on Facebook and they posted a photo of the sweetest boy a few weeks back, I just knew he was my dog! He'll be transported from North Carolina Saturday and I'll pick him up in Rhode Island on Sunday afternoon I'm already a proud mama!
Same here in the northeastern part of the state! We are at 2 ft of snow since last night and it will be snowing and blowing until tonight! This is my last winter here, so something to remember Looking forward to a cross country move in a few months. I will be doing the shovelling here - at some point! DH can't shovel - he is on kidney dialysis and it could burst his fistual and not taking any chances with that. I will just do a little at a time.

Have fun with the puppy!! Dogs are the best thing in the world. Please post lots of pictures! It will be wonderful for your family.

Wishing everyone a safe day...
Old 01-27-2015, 09:39 AM   #7  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on the new puppy scorbett! You must be so excited, Sunday can't come fast enough I bet?

I feel for everyone on the east getting hammered with this storm. I don't mind shovelling snow but snow in those kind of quantities, not so fun! Hope everyone stays safe and warm!

So, for the first time on IP I'm experiencing the big C ! I'm going to pick up some smooth move tea today and thankfully I'm going to see my acupuncturist today, I'm sure he'll be able to help me. On top of that TOM is coming, plus I just started going to the gym last week so it appears I'm retaining water since the mucles are healing. All of this put together resulted in no losses on my weigh in, inches nor weight. But I'm okay with that because I know this is just one week in my journey and I have a lot going against me.

Wishing everyone a great and successful day!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:52 AM   #8  

Default completion of first week

Good morning all. Finished first week of IP and went for my results. overall 5 lbs lost. 2" off my waist (yeah!!!!!!) and 2" off my thighs (yeah again!!!!). Very encouraged. Food is pretty good. This forum is a big help
Old 01-27-2015, 10:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

Height: 5'4

Good Morning,
Im newbie (to you guys) I did ideal protein 3 years ago and lost 35lbs but i didnt phase off properly bc I had to stop suddenly due to not being able to afford it and just lack of self control. I gained it all back plus 5 lbs . I used this forum 3 years ago for motivation and it really helped. So Im back!! Im ready to do this and do it right this time!! Good to be back
Old 01-27-2015, 10:42 AM   #10  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Ugh, first weigh in with no loss. It was actually a gain of 0.6lbs, but I'm happy because my hydration level is up, body fat has gone down and inches are coming off the butt, thighs and knees.

I know it's tied to the Couch to 5k program and that it will level out again if I keep eating properly. Staying positive as long as I see one or other of the weight loss markers moving in the right direction.

Thanks for that Beck quote, Lisa. It resonates very much with me this week, as I've been struggling with being hungry all the time. I wonder how much of it is psychologically tied up with the cold weather, too, as it seems there are a number of us who haven't been finding it easy just lately.

Please stay warm and safe, our folks in the northern states. Glad that some areas had the sense to restrict travel and movement.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:48 AM   #11  
Reboot: 01/01/15

S/C/G: 167 / 151.0 / 125

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone!

Go ahead and send aaaaalllll that snow our way. Those kind of storms are what we long for daily. Our school system has never had a snow day in all of it's history, except for one half day when the power went out and it was -20.

We'll take it all - our ski resort, and our watersystems, need it.

Just found out we will be spending spring break on Galveston Island - all the more motivation to stick with IP right now! Any southerners have good advice for me for what to do or see in that area?? We are a very active family with three kids (5, 6, 8) and will be going with my in-laws (who are active and awesome). Any must-sees and must-dos are appreciated!!

Have a great day!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #12  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Good morning everyone! Hope your day is a good one! Those of you in the snow, I'm sending extra warm thoughts your way. Weather here is near perfect so wish I could share! Looking forward to having the grand daughter over in a couple hours to "play". She'll be 3 in May and is so busy! I was too busy being a parent when mine were little that I didn't think to enjoy watching them learn things. Grand parenting is wonderful!! I always heard it was but now I know it is! Well, I'm off to get out sticker books, some puzzles and games, and her favorite quiet time activity - a pan of rocks! She loves to look at the different colors, textures and shapes. Maybe she'll be a Geologist some day!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLD81230 View Post
Just found out we will be spending spring break on Galveston Island - all the more motivation to stick with IP right now! Any southerners have good advice for me for what to do or see in that area?? We are a very active family with three kids (5, 6, 8) and will be going with my in-laws (who are active and awesome). Any must-sees and must-dos are appreciated!!
Well besides the beach... I would recommend Moody Gardens - there are a lot of things to do and see.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:09 AM   #14  
Reboot: 01/01/15

S/C/G: 167 / 151.0 / 125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Well besides the beach... I would recommend Moody Gardens - there are a lot of things to do and see.
We have a house on the beach, so are planning lots and lots of time there!! If I can drag my kiddos away from the water, THEN we'll hopefully go and check out some other things in the area!

Moody Gardens looks great. I'm sure that will be on the list! Thanks!
Old 01-27-2015, 11:11 AM   #15  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLD81230 View Post
They have Schlitterbahn (an indoor waterpark) that will be opening for the season around then. Fun fun fun!!! Ride the ferry and maybe see some dolphins (you can park and walk on or drive your vehicle on and visit the Crystal Beach area that was devastated by Hurricane Ike a few years back but they have rebuilt and come back strong). Check out the Galveston Island Pleasure Pier (a small amusement park on the water). For a little history visit Pier 21: restaurants, the ship Ellissa, lots more!! The Strand has tons of interesting little shops along its length and the Railroad Museum is a neat place that the kids will likely love. So much to do....hope this helps!
Closed Thread