Old 01-07-2015, 03:40 PM   #1  
Lose50

S/C/G: 244/201/135

Height: 5'5"

Default What's your favorite IP lunch to make and eat at work?

Hi
I'm getting a bit tired of my zucchini muffins for lunch but they are so easy to take and eat ( along with a small salad.) Need ideas for other easy to make and eat work lunches. What are your favorites? Things you can make ahead on the weekend for lunch would be great to know too! Thanks!
skinnygirl2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:51 PM   #2  
professor hardy harr!

Height: 5"1.5 (don't forget the .5)

I tend to do the same thing, find something i like then eat it till i can't stand it anymore lol .... i have had to learn to very my lunches

my top current favs are cold pasta salad using the rotini, my luch vegies, evoo and seasonings

chicken ala king with mushrooms, spinach and peppers

i love the bread the potato puree makes, i make mini buns then use a couple ounces of tuna mixed with celery, pickles, green onion and wf mayo and dijon dressing with dill. then turn it into mini tuna sliders with vegies and dip on the side

i hope those help a little
canadiancandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:55 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I make a big batch of veggie soup, and portion it out for the week so that all I have to do is grab a container and go! Sometimes I'll crumble white cheddar crisps into it as "crackers", sometimes I'll pair it with a bar, sometimes just a shake is enough. You can also make the potato puree into breadsticks that would go well with the soup!

I have also made the chili mix ahead of time and had it for lunch on top of zucchini noodles.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:21 PM   #4  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

I just had it! Paul Bertolli's cauliflower soup. It is so delicious (you can Google the recipe). I make it, freeze it into individual portions, and then bring one with me to work. Because its warm, I find it really filling. An hour or so later, I'll have packet of choice (like chips or something).

I also cannot rave enough about the Coco Protein shakes by MusclePharm. I'm sure I'll get sick of them soon enough, but I pop mine in the freezer for about an hour and little slushy ice crystals form. The Pina Colada one totally tastes like a mocktail.
benice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:15 PM   #5  
Lose50

All great ideas! Thank you and keep them coming if you have more- I'm in this for the long haul..
Old 01-07-2015, 09:44 PM   #6  

I already pretty much answered this question on another thread a month or so ago

You might want to read it here
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:24 PM   #7  
Lose50

Thanks for pointing that out Lisa. So much info on these threads. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough but the posts you recommended weren't really on point. For example, there were a couple of ideas that I could use, but also lots of references to omelettes for lunch in that older thread. What I'm looking for easy, portable, ideally make-ahead, lunch ideas for the work place. So, if anyone has some of those, please send along. Thank you!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:48 PM   #8  
maintaining since 9/2013

Pretty much everyday for 7 months: IP Chicken soup with ~1-1.5 cups steamed broccoli added in. A few drops of tabasco sometimes. Maybe a green salad with WF Italian vinaigrette. This is my soul food, lol, and in P4, it's my path home when I stray.

meant to write: you can steam the broccoli for the week and store, and mix the soup packet each morning. I enjoy it hot or cold. I take it in an insulated lunch bag. I felt ok not refrigerating it--it's only for a few hours and room temp isn't that high. I think it's got so much sodium, it would never spoil, lol! (Maybe that's why it's so tasty!)

Last edited by mars735; 01-08-2015 at 02:29 PM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnygirl2B View Post
Thanks for pointing that out Lisa. So much info on these threads. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough but the posts you recommended weren't really on point. For example, there were a couple of ideas that I could use, but also lots of references to omelettes for lunch in that older thread. What I'm looking for easy, portable, ideally make-ahead, lunch ideas for the work place. So, if anyone has some of those, please send along. Thank you!

I understand that some questions become redundant for people that have been on here for a while, and that the question may have been answered in an earlier post, but in reality it's quite difficult to sort through all of the old posts (and the search feature can be overwhelming too) to see if the question has already been asked/answered. It's so much easier to ask it again. Having said that, I don't have any ideas for you. LOL I am stuck in a rut, albeit it is working, I usually eat the bbq crisps or oatmeal for lunch and bring a cucumber for my veggie. Not very exciting!!!
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

My workday lunch almost always includes a salad. I bought a few rubbermaid 5-cup containers, so I fill one of those up with as much lettuce and salad veggies as I can (typically some combination of cucumber, bell pepper, jicama, mushrooms). Another little container of dressing, WF or grapeseed oil.

Then I bring in either a drink packet, or I make flatbread with potato puree or any of the soups (tomato-basil is one of my recent faves). Sometimes I'll add zucchini to the flatbread for extra vege. I either make the flatbread night before, or whip it up in the morning and let it bake while I get ready for work. On occasion I bring in a bag of crisps as my lunch packet.
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:55 PM   #11  

Quote:
I usually make3-4 veggie omelets on the weekend & take one per day for lunch. So easy to reheat!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:17 PM   #12  
Lose50

So glad I asked. Lots of great suggestions. And I would have only thought of making an omelete the morning of ( which would be tough for my schedule) because I assumed it wouldnt keep for 4 days. Thanks Lisa- you are a font of ideas! Keep the ideas coming if anyone has any other gems!

Last edited by skinnygirl2B; 01-09-2015 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:56 AM   #13  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Quote:
So glad I asked. Lots of great suggestions. And I would have only thought of making an omelete the morning of ( which would be tough for my schedule) because I assumed it wouldnt keep for 4 days. Thanks Lisa- you are a font of ideas! Keep the ideas coming if anyone has any other gems!
My first coach was big on preparing food ahead of time for convenience & time-saving and had lots of tips. Early on I invested in Pyrex dishes and made a work-week's worth of omelettes and rotini on Sundays. I'd cook all the rotini together and divide it up after cooking - 1 serving is approximately 3 oz. I'd usually add veggies to the first 2-3 days then, but wait to add the end of the week's veggies later. For the first 6 months that is what I ate for lunch.

Since then I've mixed it up more, but I most often have salt & vinegar chips with caulihummus. Also very convenient since I can get several servings out of one batch. I'm all about convenience!
Peppertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:32 AM   #14  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

I usually make my lunch evening before with leftovers from dinner. Just throw it in the fridge as I'm cleaning up and loading the dishwasher. Been working a lot lately, though, so I would like to have some stuff ready ahead of time. Something I can keep in the freezer and take out in the morning (or at dinnertime), as needed.

Scorbett - Can you share the veggie soup recipe you are using?
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:57 PM   #15  
Lose50

I really like the rotini idea! Also the chips and hummus. I searched for the caulihummus recipe (so no need to post and tell me to look) and can't locate it. Can someone post again or send the link? And I'd be interested in the veg soup recipe too These were all great ideas and I feel well armed- thanks!