Old 12-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/175/145

Height: 5'3"

Default IP help/question

I am going to Disney in 6 weeks and have just recently started back on IP. (I wanted to get as much weight off as possible before I went) I had been going to the gym at 5am with my friends and husband previously. I miss going with them and I miss the way exercise/cardio makes me feel. I am also afraid that I am not going to have the stamina to walk all day and all night long when we go.

I am considering upping my calories and doing a IP/Atkins hybrid and going back to the gym...

I was wondering if anyone has tried this and what kinds of results/failures have you had.

Thanks everyone for you help!
barri1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:25 AM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

There is actually an Athlete's protocol for Ideal Protein, which would give you some extra calories to work with if you plan on continuing a more intense exercise regimen. Note that the protocol still encourages you to train at reduced intensity, but it gives you more wiggle room than standard Phase 1 (even with an extra packet to accommodate mild-moderate exercise).

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3950642-post19.html
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/175/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
There is actually an Athlete's protocol for Ideal Protein, which would give you some extra calories to work with if you plan on continuing a more intense exercise regimen. Note that the protocol still encourages you to train at reduced intensity, but it gives you more wiggle room than standard Phase 1 (even with an extra packet to accommodate mild-moderate exercise).

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3950642-post19.html
thanks so much for your reply...do you know of anyone who has had success on doing IP this way?
barri1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by barri1970 View Post
thanks so much for your reply...do you know of anyone who has had success on doing IP this way?
This is my 2nd time on IP and when I was on it back in 2012 there were a few people using it and losing. I'm sure if you search the forum you can find some old threads specific to this and get some firsthand info from people who were posting about it back then.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #5  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by barri1970 View Post
I am going to Disney in 6 weeks and have just recently started back on IP. (I wanted to get as much weight off as possible before I went) I had been going to the gym at 5am with my friends and husband previously. I miss going with them and I miss the way exercise/cardio makes me feel. I am also afraid that I am not going to have the stamina to walk all day and all night long when we go.

I am considering upping my calories and doing a IP/Atkins hybrid and going back to the gym...

I was wondering if anyone has tried this and what kinds of results/failures have you had.

Thanks everyone for you help!
I have been following the IP lifestyle for about 5 years. I originally lost 80 pounds by following 100% protocol without any more exercise than walking in about 5 months.

Since then to maintain I have tried every variety of the plan. the most I had gained was about 15 pounds of the 80, but the last 10 months I put on 35...ouch. Well, I have been following an Atkins/IP (mostly IP) hybrid for 10 weeks now (with no exercise, had to cut it, was slowing my loss) and I am down almost 30 pounds.

Personally get the weight off you want and then exercise away.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote