3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Any Brave err Crazy December newbies? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/301001-any-brave-err-crazy-december-newbies.html)

Jantastic 01-04-2015 02:31 PM

Hi everybody. I have been lurking since starting Dec3 @169. I have gained and lost over 265lbs in the last 3.5 years yo yo-ing the same 40-50 lbs on HcG injections and 500 calories. In 32 days of festivities since I started IP, I have not wavered at all, even Christmas day! Although I did accidentally drink 1/2 glass of sweet tea NYE (with additional stevia YUCK, I will never people please a hostess again) that threw me out of ketosis for 3 days. So, I know I do not lose like I used to, as at 32 days I would be down 18-22 pounds. My tested BMR is 1,400 calories a day now so it is slower than many. But I have only lost 12.5 with IP. 12.5 pounds! My coach still doesn't have me set up for the IP website so I can't check there to ask and I can only hope she knows what she is talking about but I am losing confidence.

Questions: The only restricted packets are Chili and the bars she said. Is tha right? Also she said not to worry about restricted veggies except tomatoes.

: I can go to a restaurant and order grilled chicken cesar salad with no cheese, dressing or croutons and use WF dressing and still be on program if I am careful about chicken portions .

Would I be better going back to the old program with no restricted or eating out to see if that will help with losses?
I am 57 years old , 5'4 with a goal of 127 for my wedding April 25. Today's weight was 157.6. I am ready to order pizza. Any encouragement out there? Thanks y'all and great thread. You guys are warriors!!!

ladelineb 01-04-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jantastic (Post 5111993)
Hi everybody. I have been lurking since starting Dec3 @169. I have gained and lost over 265lbs in the last 3.5 years yo yo-ing the same 40-50 lbs on HcG injections and 500 calories. In 32 days of festivities since I started IP, I have not wavered at all, even Christmas day! Although I did accidentally drink 1/2 glass of sweet tea NYE (with additional stevia YUCK, I will never people please a hostess again) that threw me out of ketosis for 3 days. So, I know I do not lose like I used to, as at 32 days I would be down 18-22 pounds. My tested BMR is 1,400 calories a day now so it is slower than many. But I have only lost 12.5 with IP. 12.5 pounds! My coach still doesn't have me set up for the IP website so I can't check there to ask and I can only hope she knows what she is talking about but I am losing confidence.

Questions: The only restricted packets are Chili and the bars she said. Is tha right? Also she said not to worry about restricted veggies except tomatoes.

: I can go to a restaurant and order grilled chicken cesar salad with no cheese, dressing or croutons and use WF dressing and still be on program if I am careful about chicken portions .

Would I be better going back to the old program with no restricted or eating out to see if that will help with losses?
I am 57 years old , 5'4 with a goal of 127 for my wedding April 25. Today's weight was 157.6. I am ready to order pizza. Any encouragement out there? Thanks y'all and great thread. You guys are warriors!!!

I've been on IP since 12/5 and have lost 11 pounds. (Another WI tomorrow, hoping for a few more.) I was also discouraged because I wasn't seeing the dramatic loss that others have reported, but some wonderful folks on this board reminded me that it's still 11 pounds! And better than gaining any. Plus, that's an average of about 2.5 pounds per week, very respectable and maintainable. Your average is more than that! I was advised to plot out that 2.5 average to see how long before I reached my goal weight, and it helped to visualize the progress.

I'm just a couple years younger than you; my coach warned me that pre- and/or menopausal women typically lose at a slower rate than non-menopausal. Regardless, we are getting there, albeit more slowly than others.

Keep at it!

road2goal 01-04-2015 03:21 PM

Dec 4 Newbie - Loving How I Feel!

Hi everyone! I am also a newbie as of Dec 4. I knew it would challenging to start before the holidays and questioned whether I was setting myself up for failure but I also knew that if I didn't then I would just gain at least another 5lbs by Jan (if not 10 lbs!). I'm so glad I started IP back then. I lost 9lbs in the first 2 weeks and although I was not 100% for a few days at Christmas, I certainly did not indulge as I would have if not doing this program.

I regret going off at all though because then I had to get back to ketosis and I lost that momentum I had going. But I'm back now and feeling great again and looking forward to getting weighed this week. I did not get weighed for 2 weeks through Christmas and although I see what's on my scale (another 3lbs lost), I like to see my clinic's scale and my measurements also.

I love that I can fit into my clothes more comfortably again! Some are now too BIG to be comfortable, what a change that is!!

I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you. I think a support system like this is so important to our success. It's a great place to share tips, accomplishments and struggles and know we are not in this alone. We can all do this! Have a great day everyone :)

road2goal 01-04-2015 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jantastic (Post 5111993)

Hi Jantastic. I started Dec 4 and am down 12lbs, so about the same as you. I'm 45 and have really struggled to lose weight in the last few years so losing 3lbs a week with IP has been fantastic results for me. I do agree with the other poster about women who are pre/in/post menopausal. My GP told me that it was most likely the reason for my struggle being harder this time around. I have decided to take it one day at a time, look to my goal to keep me focused, and come here regularly for chat and support (to give and get).

My sister lost 30lbs in 3 months with IP which is what prompted me to join. She is 48 and menopausal so that loss was amazing to me. In the 3 months she lost 30lbs, I probably gained 10 trying to do it "my way". I've never lost 12lbs in a month, at least not doing it without either starving or exercising like a maniac. I find this program so easy for my busy lifestyle, I'm never hungry and I don't have to get up at 4:30am to get on the darn treadmill.

Just keep on doing what you are doing and it will come off, you may see the inches and changes in your clothes more than on the scale for awhile also. Just know that you are going in the RIGHT direction. The pizza won't help your wedding day goal ;) Keep on truckin' girl and it will work out!

inlovewithlife14 01-11-2015 03:38 PM

Quick update: 15 lbs in 34 days! I am beyond stoked!

My coach thinks I should be losing more. I work in sales/mortgages and figured January would be a good time to be 100% on track but go figure this is our busiest January in 7 years.

So, without being 100% with my veggies and on and off about the supplements and being honest with my coach about those things, I am elated! I still think my coach is worried that I'll lose motivation if I don't see 3+ lb weight loss but how could I? I have not broken the 180 mark in 5+ years at least. Anywho, I really wanted to share and congratulate all the newbies who made it through December. It's all down hill from here I feel like!

Sevenhours 01-16-2015 09:11 PM

Crazy December newbie

I started also on Dec 8. and don't regret my decision. Marched right through all temptations of the season and am down 21 lb. Had a semi-urgent surgery (not related to the dieting) on Jan 8. Tomorrow is weigh in day - I hope I am still on track. Did not cheat even a single time, despite the pain and tiredness. :dizzy:
Please, hope for me :^:

Sevenhours 01-17-2015 11:52 PM

WI #6: -0.8 lb, I was wondering why so little, when I noticed significant edema of my ankles (most likely related to the leg surgery that I had). I am a bit bummed.

Jantastic 01-18-2015 10:20 PM

Thanks for the help everybody. Wow, we must be the hard core to start over the holidays. Update: I am now down 15 total. It's weird when my scale reports a 1.5 lb weekly loss (done naked before breakfast ) my coach shows a 5 Lb fat loss but says it's replaced with 4 LB of water.Could this be from regular hydration ? My WI appointments are 1pm. What? My personal weight never shows the watershed that is supposed to happen after retention over a few days. End result is only 1.5 loss. Is anyone else experiencing the water vs fat but week after week the loss is 1.5-2lbs per week?