3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Any Brave err Crazy December newbies? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/301001-any-brave-err-crazy-december-newbies.html)

inlovewithlife14 12-14-2014 03:37 AM

Any Brave err Crazy December newbies?

So I am a total newbie. I started my journey last Monday Dec 8th at 189 lbs. I had my first weigh in on Friday (not quit a week because I delayed my start over the weekend for a holiday trip aka my last hoorah).

So far I am down 2.5 lbs. Stomach issues started Thursday night so I suspect next week will be a little better.

My inches results were pretty nice though. Almost 2.5 full inches in my stomach in just a few days. I mean, I always knew and recognized how bloated I felt after eating the junk but wow that was eye opening.

I wish I had found this forum before I started. Unfortunately I only stumbled upon it after searching for information about Perrier water and IP. But, I'm here now and I love this group and have learned so much in a very short time.

Is anyone else braze or crazy enough to start IP right before the holiday frenzy?

Snickbean 12-14-2014 05:54 AM

Yes I am just about 8 days in. I only see my coach every other week. I am looking forward to some new foods as the recipes I see on Pinterest are awesome looking.

Ruthxxx 12-14-2014 07:06 AM

MOD/ADMIN Note to New Chicks: Please do not try to insert a ticker in your post before you have been here 20 days and have 20+ posts! This rule is to prevent SPAMMERS from inserting links. After 20/20 you will be able to create a ticker in you profile that posts automatically.

shasta10 12-14-2014 08:29 AM

Hi December starters! Good for you to start any time of the year. I started in September and have been thru a couple big holidays now -- Halloween, no candy for me, Thanksgiving - no mashed potatoes or pumpkin pie (didn't miss it anyway) For me, the holiday parties have not been a huge deal. I just make sure I have my IP packet right before so I'm not hungry. My biggest issue has been avoiding the alcohol! I think people have no issues when you tell them you can't have dessert or appetizers but alcohol is something they feel it's okay to "push". Or, for me it's the social part. Who knows but it keeps upsetting me and I don't even drink that much. I order a club soda and after the initial discussion don't notice that I'm not partaking. Good luck!

oneuh2 12-14-2014 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inlovewithlife14 (Post 5104726)
So I am a total newbie. I started my journey last Monday Dec 8th at 189 lbs. I had my first weigh in on Friday (not quit a week because I delayed my start over the weekend for a holiday trip aka my last hoorah).

So far I am down 2.5 lbs. Stomach issues started Thursday night so I suspect next week will be a little better.

My inches results were pretty nice though. Almost 2.5 full inches in my stomach in just a few days. I mean, I always knew and recognized how bloated I felt after eating the junk but wow that was eye opening.

I wish I had found this forum before I started. Unfortunately I only stumbled upon it after searching for information about Perrier water and IP. But, I'm here now and I love this group and have learned so much in a very short time.

Is anyone else braze or crazy enough to start IP right before the holiday frenzy?

:welcome3:

So glad you found this forum - it will be one of the best things you can do as you journey though Phase 1, and you can see from the Maintainers' threads that the support going thru P2-4 is really helpful too.

If you all who have just started in December had delayed to January, you would likely have an extra 5-10 lbs to lose by the time you did start.... I know if I knew I was going to start in January, I would have treated the holidays as a series of 'last suppers' with free license to gorge on high cal carb laden foods with total abandon... I commend you for having good sense and acting on it!!

:cp::cp::cp:

Booboo1234 12-14-2014 10:22 AM

Hi I started dec 7th so far so good I am down 5 pounds stated at 191 having lots of issues with constipation and the mag citrate doesn't work that well..other than that things seem good Barb

ladelineb 12-14-2014 11:46 AM

I started on 12/5, the first thing my coach said was "Does anyone think you're crazy for starting this just before Christmas?" Haha! I just couldn't wait any longer and decided that IP would be my Christmas gift to myself this year (and long term to my family). Also, I figured if I can make it through this time of year I can do it during non-holiday months.

I had my first WI 3 days later and was down 2.6 pounds, have my first full week WI tomorrow, hoping for another 2.5 pounds or so. My goal is 10 pounds per month.

Good luck to all of us!!

PurpleMomster 12-14-2014 11:56 AM

I'm not a newbie - I was on IP last year and lost 80lbs - but I did start a reboot on December 1st after I saw the numbers creeping up on the scale.

Yay and hello to everyone brave enough to start before the holidays! I went through lots of holidays last year on IP and it is totally doable - you can enjoy the holidays and lose weight.

Best tips I have is keep yourself armed with a bottle of water for sipping and if you can, find out what's being served for dinner and if it's not compatible, bring your own. I brought some mashed cauliflower to Thanksgiving last year and everyone ended eating that instead of the potatoes :D

Good luck to everyone!
Jo

AwkQuarius 12-14-2014 07:05 PM

Also a December starter and almost down 20 lbs already! Looking forward to losing weight with you all.

Largo 12-14-2014 07:30 PM

I started Dec. 7 and am down 8 pounds but that was after a "last" weekend of eating everything. Was hungry the first few days but not as much any more. Very motivating to see a weight loss so quickly.

MizBeadz 12-14-2014 09:28 PM

I started Dec. 1 and am down about 7 pounds. I thought instead of putting on several pounds during the holidays I would remove several instead. Doing well so far. There are 2 parties this week.....

Sure miss champagne, though! LOL!

inlovewithlife14 12-14-2014 10:53 PM

Oh boy do I miss the alcohol. Just a glass of wine socializing is a huge part of my job. I feel like there have been at least 2 works events every night since I started...and so many more until the end of the year.

I have been making this garlic, lime, shrimp in bulk that lasts me 4 meals. Anyone else have a fun go to meal they found for IP?

Sgrealtor1 12-15-2014 07:04 AM

Welcome to IP... I am not a December starter, rather a end of June starter....I have survived the following so far with no issue:

4th of July BBQ - no problem
Margarita days by the pool - no problem
10 Days in Disney - no problem
5 days in Calofornia for a wedding - no problem
Halloween
Thanksgiving
And 3 work holiday parties! NO PROBLEM

You just need to arm yourself with what you need, not necessarily what is being served. Always carry a packet in your pocketbook...always always always have a water in hand at any party. You can do this.

KellyJo 12-15-2014 09:10 PM

I started last Monday! I think it's going well! Except today I am filled with rage. Unidentifiable, unfounded rage. I'm not dealing with any cravings, I'm not hungry, I don't have a headache....Just feeling like I am 3 seconds away from turning green and Hulk smashing everything. I'm hoping it will pass. First official weigh in is Wednesday and I made my husband hide the scale because I may have been obsessively weighing myself throughout the day.

canadjineh 12-15-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellyJo (Post 5105338)
I started last Monday! I think it's going well! Except today I am filled with rage. Unidentifiable, unfounded rage. I'm not dealing with any cravings, I'm not hungry, I don't have a headache....Just feeling like I am 3 seconds away from turning green and Hulk smashing everything. I'm hoping it will pass. First official weigh in is Wednesday and I made my husband hide the scale because I may have been obsessively weighing myself throughout the day.

As you start to lose, the hormones (estrogen mainly) in the stored fat will be released into your system and voila, you can be weepy, emotional, touchy or cranky (raging ;)) or all of them at once, lol. It will pass but those hormones will be screwy for a while and may interfere with your TOM, and birth control! Forewarned is forearmed!
Unplanned pregnancy has happened on IP - so make sure you take precautions if you are of the right age. In case your coach hasn't discussed it...
Liana