Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 09:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default Oct.Newb 2013: Determined in December

Hi friends,

Let's really reflect on and enjoy the changes that we have made in our health, body and spirit during December. May we continue to build on the foundation that we have made and be determined to keep this positive momentum going.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:59 PM   #2  

Height: 5'2

Loving the new thread name. Thanks Slipfree!

WI wasn't very epic this week but it was down so it's still a victory. I had a fun meal yesterday for lunch. Wasn't planning on making fun food part of my reboot but I'm not worried. We had the greatest Filipino seafood/meat platter at a sweet little restaurant my husband discovered. I tried not to go overboard with the carbs. I was super low carb the rest of the day and did a phase 1 day today. Back to phase 3 tomorrow.

Today was Grey Cup day in Canada which also meant it was the traditional cookie making day at my in-laws. Managed to get through without eating a single cookie crumb and my lovely father-in-law bbq'd steak for dinner even though he would have preferred to order pizza after a long day in the kitchen. He definitely doesn't need the pizza either. The guy had a heart attack a year and a half ago and hasn't done anything to lose the extra 80-100 lbs he's carrying around. He drinks about 4 diet cokes a day and thinks he's being healthy. Love that man but he would rather die than give up his eating habits.

Hope you all had a fun weekend and aren't suffering any turkey or pie hangovers

Steph
Old 12-01-2014, 12:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Congrats to the Stampeders, Stephascope! It was a good game! I hope the celebrations didn't make it even harder for you, lol.

Liana
Old 12-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Love Determined in December

I can't belive it is December first already. It is Monday morning and I'm heading out to the gym in a few minutes. Working out has become an even more important part of my health journey since IP. I enjoy how my body is stronger and I can do more things with it. I love how I'm not as sick with colds anymore and I feel like I fit into this world.

I think for me this month it would be important to not self sabotage. Last December I gained 7lbs in one week I will start my self talking today and the fight against those tempting treats in the chart room that will start to make a daily appearence.

we can do this!
Old 12-01-2014, 10:39 AM   #5  

Height: 5'2

Hi Liana - I feel pretty bad for those poor Hamilton players. That touchdown with 30ish seconds left would have made for an exciting win. I was also at a huge craft market in the morning so there was many temptations all day long but I was happy to be doing a Phase 1 day after my tastey Filipino lunch on Saturday. I thought having to do IP again would be harder - but it hasn't been!

Jenny - I was just talking to my inlaws last night about being healthier. I haven't had a cold for over a year. I was never much of a vitamin taker before IP but that's one thing I have kept up from starting last year. The weather here is still not running friendly and I refuse to buy a gym pass. I got DH to download some Jillian Michaels fitness videos so I'll try that today. We have an insane amount of junk coming into the office already. I'm happy to be re-booting at this time of year as it seems I tend to have an all or nothing attitude when it comes to sugar. I have obviously never been good at just having a little when it comes to that stuff! Hope you had a good workout this morning
Old 12-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #6  

Hi gals: Congrats on your new car, Jenny! They always have that lovely smell when you first get in (offgassing plastics, lol). I know you can even buy a scent spray for your car called "New Car." hahaha
This morning I am headed off with Dad to the Alzheimer's Support Group and at least we have 'good' news to share. I put neon sticky-dots on the cordless phone 'talk' buttons so Mum knows which one to press and doesn't panic about it when the phone rings. We did some test runs and the idea works perfectly. She feels so much better about that and Dad can phone & check in often when he is out doing shopping, etc.

Challenge has started and I was hoping to be down a smidge from the weigh in weight when I joined up a couple days ago, but not an ounce. Even though I've been very good. Maybe I'll be lucky and get my period and drop 75% of it without any work on my part. That's wishful thinking... Anyhow, trying to remember my water and my cal-mag this week is my focus.

I'm... Determined in December!
Liana
Old 12-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Love it, Determined in December! I agree with everyone, its worth staying focused and not getting too relaxed with eating especially when we are around others that don't seem to care as much. I love that I am 30lbs less than last year! And I don't want to regain what I worked so hard to lose and now maintain. Having goals is a great way to keep that focus. I am looking forward to my one year of maintenance which is only a few months away. My goal is to continue to maintain until then.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:15 AM   #8  

Missing the determined Newbies: Want2b, Hiker, Luccilove, Kooky, and Kawaii. Hope you are all having a great beginning of December.

Hawaii, greatly appreciate your positive attitude about this long journey

Liana, how is the challenge going?

Jenny, while we are aiming for healthy choices this holiday, maintenance has taught me that this journey is not about perfection. It is more about our response to indulging during the holiday-moderation. I think weighing every day really does keep me in check. We can do this!
Old 12-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hello determined friends! Love the name Slip. I am back from the Bahamas. Had a great time, lots of laughs with our friends, miss having them live so close. I am up 6lbs this morning, it has been a struggle to get back op since we got back on Sunday. I am determined to have a 100% op day today. Need to get the pounds off before Christmas.
I need to go back and read what I missed in Nov. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:25 PM   #10  

Challenge is on track! Yaaay, actually down 1.4 lbs already and that's since Saturday. This Sunday is first official challenge weigh in.... I wait with bated breath. The new jaw splint is working wonderfully already, I am so happy about that. Only two nights and I can open my mouth much more easily without all the pain in the morning. It also keeps me from snacking at night. If I'm not going out anywhere I snap the tray in after my post dinner toothbrushing and voila - no more eating when it's in. It's too much bother to take it out to snack, re-brush my teeth, and then pop it back in again, lol.

Went for a nice hike this afternoon up the back of the mountain behind us...

Liana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SilverCreek Park 002.jpg (51.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg SilverCreek Park 001 (480x640).jpg (44.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 12-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #11  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Few things beat the feeling of watching one's weight chart go from the upper left to lower right! This is just the last 6.5 weeks of my weight loss chart. I am melting away 5 pound slabs from my body every 9 days or so. Progress like this is great motivation to stay on-program!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 12-04-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #12  

Nice chart, Avalon! I can see you are a 'statistics gal.'
Old 12-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #13  

Cute pictures, Liana! Beautiful scenery too. Way to go on the challenge.

Avalon, Hurray for the downward trajectory.

Want2b, dealing with a couple of UP pounds myself. You will be back on track in no time.

Still not feeling great, although the headache is better tonight. Digestive system is still not cooperating. Ugh! Supposed to go to a Christmas Party tomorrow, hope I feel up to it. My friend will be annoyed if I do not make it.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Good morning!

Nice pics Liana! It sounds like you are on track too.

Love the chart Avalon and how motivating to see those numbers continue to fall.

Want2B; glad you had fun on your holiday. I'm sure those up lbs will be gone, takes some time to get back into the healthy eating mode but I know you can do it.

Slip: Hope you are feeling better soon. No fun to be sick, it never happens at convenient times it seems.

I've had a pretty good week with my eating, dealing with stressful news with family health issues so didn't get my exercise in as just wasn't feeling up to it but am determined to get back at it today as the exercise is my stress release. And trying to get that water in. Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #15  

Height: 5 '6

Hi everyone I've missed everyone but its hard to come on here when your not behaving yourself!! I was going to wait until I stuck to the plan 100% for a couple of weeks but its been five days and well... I'm in the mood to touch base.

I've tried I don't know how many times to get my act together but just mentally couldn't do it... I've been busy traveling for work and last week was my last stint for quite awhile so I made Monday the day.... Not sure how or why its so easy again but I'm so relieved!

This past week I was dealing with very stressful issues at work on top of preparing for some big inspections next week.. then some bad family news... all the stress hasn't seemed to affect my focus or acceptance of being back on the plan.... here I am... for quite awhile... lets hope!!

I think I've gained over 30 pounds... I'm not ready to step on the scale... will do that when my clothes feel better!

Anyway.. nice to be back and seeing how you are all doing! Have a good weekend
Closed Thread