Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 06:55 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Friday 11/14/3014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-14-2014 at 07:09 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:13 AM   #2  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Happy Friday.

I made it to day 5. Not sure why but I woke up with the stomach ache this morning. Hopefully it will get better as day goes along.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:58 AM   #3  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Is it okay to have Peruvian Chicken while on this diet. As per coach as long as I don't eat the skin I am fine.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #4  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone. TGIF! I'm hoping to catch up on some sleep this weekend. With all the water I'm drinking in the evenings, I'm up every few hours to pee. And when I'm asleep, I'm dreaming of boats and rain and rivers! Anyone else have a job that limits how much you can drink during the day? And if so, how are you dealing with it? I get 24-32 oz in before 630 am but then am limited until after work.
Thanks in advance
Old 11-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 364/

Height: 5'9

Default Good Morning

So i bombed when i got home last night.....what are some things yall do when your home at night and want to munch how do you handle that?

Dannielle
Old 11-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Hello! Today was my very first WI... one week down, and I lost 7.3 lbs!

To treat myself, I went to Starbucks and got a doppio espresso over ice with 1 pump sugar free cinnamon dolce. Poured my vanilla RTD in there and mmmm . I usually do something similar every morning with homebrewed coffee and the vanilla RTD (no syrup, usually), but something about getting it from Starbucks makes it feel more like a "treat"! Maybe I can make this a weekly reward... and it is Friday after all!

My coach said that during this next week I will probably start noticing a difference in how my clothes fit. I have lost a few inches overall, biggest loss in my waist, and my face looks a whole lot thinner. Hello cheekbones, I've missed you!

This Sunday I am walking in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5k with some coworkers. This will be the first real "exercise" I've had since starting IP, and will probably drink an extra packet after. I'm hoping to start incorporating some gentle walks into my routine this week. Have a great OP day, everyone! I am on cloud 9!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #7  

Dannielle-- I have gotten into cross stitching lately, so I do something that keeps my hands/mind busy. If that doesn't work, I either have a cup of tea (Celestial Seasoning's Safari Spice or Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride, no sweetener or milk, or Republic of Tea's Peppermint Chocolate rooibos tea) and watch something good on TV. That usually does the trick for me when I want to dive head first into a pint of ice cream.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjsj40 View Post
So i bombed when i got home last night.....what are some things yall do when your home at night and want to munch how do you handle that?

Dannielle
I hate when that happens! First things first, you have to evaluate WHY you want to munch....are you genuinely hungry, or just bored? Part of this diet is regaining control of your eating, including not just automatically snacking when there's nothing better to do. Try doing something that keeps you busy for a bit - clean a room, pick up a good book, call a friend. Mindless eating is a habit that MUST be broken if you want to be successful in maintenance.

If you're really HUNGRY, make use of the free veggies! There have definitely been days when I had all my food, drank extra water, hot tea, and STILL my tummy was asking for a little more. So I'd chop up a half a cucumber and dip it in a little Walden Farms ranch dressing. it would be just enough to take the edge off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneyf2 View Post
Hello! Today was my very first WI... one week down, and I lost 7.3 lbs! !
Awesome job!!! And good luck on your 5K! I have one coming up on November 29th (it's an Ugly Sweater Run - should be fun). 5K's are not nearly as bad as you think they might be, even if you walk at a brisk pace it's over in less than an hour!

THE STALL IS BROKEN!!!!!! Weighed this morning and I'm down two pounds! I figured that would happen since both my late TOM and my "plumbing" issues resolved at the SAME DARN TIME this week. Ten pounds to my tentative goal!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbunny View Post
Good morning everyone. TGIF! I'm hoping to catch up on some sleep this weekend. With all the water I'm drinking in the evenings, I'm up every few hours to pee. And when I'm asleep, I'm dreaming of boats and rain and rivers! Anyone else have a job that limits how much you can drink during the day? And if so, how are you dealing with it? I get 24-32 oz in before 630 am but then am limited until after work.
Thanks in advance
The washroom is 15 feet from my operatory lol so i can slip in and PP, take a big slug of water and on to the next patient.......works out great. Wonder if the boss notices more toilette paper being used lol
Old 11-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I hate when that happens! First things first, you have to evaluate WHY you want to munch....are you genuinely hungry, or just bored? Part of this diet is regaining control of your eating, including not just automatically snacking when there's nothing better to do. Try doing something that keeps you busy for a bit - clean a room, pick up a good book, call a friend. Mindless eating is a habit that MUST be broken if you want to be successful in maintenance.

If you're really HUNGRY, make use of the free veggies! There have definitely been days when I had all my food, drank extra water, hot tea, and STILL my tummy was asking for a little more. So I'd chop up a half a cucumber and dip it in a little Walden Farms ranch dressing. it would be just enough to take the edge off.

Awesome job!!! And good luck on your 5K! I have one coming up on November 29th (it's an Ugly Sweater Run - should be fun). 5K's are not nearly as bad as you think they might be, even if you walk at a brisk pace it's over in less than an hour!

THE STALL IS BROKEN!!!!!! Weighed this morning and I'm down two pounds! I figured that would happen since both my late TOM and my "plumbing" issues resolved at the SAME DARN TIME this week. Ten pounds to my tentative goal!
All this good news!!! nothing like some reinforcement for the good changes in life were doing!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:36 AM   #11  

Quote:

Dannielle
I have some IP snacks, the potatoe bbq , and i open a bag and have one or two chips.......they arent restricted. Sometimes takes two days before I eat a bag. It helps the muchies, and seems more filling then celery or a few cumbers. There is so much flavour too......
Old 11-14-2014, 09:40 AM   #12  

scorbett1103 Wow, in the final stretch!! Good job!! And thanks for the encouragement!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:44 AM   #13  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:

Dannielle
I typically have my dinner around 6 ish and then my IP snack around 9 so I am not usually hungry. If I feel really hungry or find that I have boredom hunger, I will try to keep busy or have a cup of celestial seasonings herbal tea...no sugar or milk. I usually have the spice flavor but want to buy the sugar cookie flavor if I can find it. Or I will go to bed.

I feel so much better about things in the morning when I am successful at beating night "hunger" and I haven't starved to death overnight yet.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 267/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone - very helpful threads for IP alternatives. I've been searching the threads to find if there is a list of IP products that I can use as comparisons. Does anyone know if there is one available? Thanks!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:55 AM   #15  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

Congrats Courtney and Scorbett!
Closed Thread