Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 05:53 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Chat Monday 11/3/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-03-2014, 06:34 AM   #2  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Murrcatt - you posted on the daily yesterday about feeling low energy but 25 pounds to go. I see your goal weight is 125. I'm not sure how tall you are and if this is a low goal or a realistic one. Liana will tell you that she switched to the diabetic plan for IP for the later part of her loss due to how she was feeling and it worked well. You may just need some more calories. In IP, you get extra calories from your body fat. If you don't have a lot of fat left at 143 pounds, you aren't getting many fat calories in additional to your food.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone...

Off to the mall this AM to get a cover put on my new phone and also on my new Ipad. I hate the mall, but I am afraid of breaking things LOL....

Dinner last night @ Outback. Doggie loves when we go because he gets my extra steak LOL...

Just touching on some of the subjects from the weekend thread..... I always eat a restricted pack. Never had a correlation with a good or bad week depending what time I ate it.

Unrestricted veggies....I have been known to eat a cucumber or 2 in between when needed... Again never an issue.

Iphone 6 so far I love it. Best part not needing to find reading glasses every time I get a text LOL!

Sorry for all that have less then helpful coaches. My coach is great! I also have the support of the chiropractor and 2 of the other office staff that have been / are on IP. They want me to be in their ad campaign, but I am not ready for that just yet LOL.... It is such a good feeling when I check in with them as they whole office is so supportive.... My coach is available by cell or email.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:50 AM   #4  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Good Monday Morning!

It's one of those Monday's where I wish we had just one more day off prior to the work week.. Sometimes it is hard to fit it all in. I'm ready regardless, just would be nice to have more ME TIME

Today marks Day 10 of Reboot and it's going great. I may not show it on the scale but I'm feeling happy OP and got some great ideas on how to be more prepared during the week, both at work and at home. We must arm ourselves with OP/IP Food just in case we get caught in unforeseen situations when we're famished. Lesson learned the hard way!

Decided to change my WI days from Saturday AM to Wed PM. It's easier for me to free up my Sat AM plus, I won't have to wait until 9AM on Sat AM to start my day.. With Holiday travel in the future, I may as well change it to during the week rather than keep on wknds.

QUESTION (*Disclaimer:guaranteed this has been asked before)

Am I setting myself up for disappointment for changing WI to evening - 6:40pm as opposed to sticking with AM WI's? Will I still show a loss? I know if I stick to the program, I will feel / see success but there is something about a WI with my coach that seems more gratifying. Plus, as advised by Lisa and a few others, I am staying away from my personal scale.

Cheers Everyone!

Last edited by KareVT; 11-03-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:57 AM   #5  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Hi Sue -

Thanks for the 6+ review.. Glad you LOVE it and that you don't need your glasses in order to navigate (BONUS)! Go get your covers and enjoy your new technology - you're becoming quite the savvy-tech-gal; have you always been into it? That's terrific!

Psyched to hear you have a fantastic coach and clinic. That's so huge! I'm thrilled to say that I too have a similar experience. Such a relief.

Thanks for the feedback on restricted vs. non and when you eat them or eliminate (or lack there of - I don't want to give these up). Have a nice day!

-karen

Last edited by KareVT; 11-03-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/225/150

I am STOKED for my lunch today! Last night I had the cinnamon apple zucchini that I love but this time, per someone's suggestion on here, I added a spoon of the caramel dip----OMG!!!! So today for lunch I thought I would add those to the apple oatmeal! I can hardly wait for lunch as the anticipation for this little slice of heaven is killing me!

Also, quick question about turnips...do we need to limit the number of times we have it in a week, I've seen conflicting info.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #7  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

Monday Motivation: If you were walking down a flight of stairs and stumbled down a few, would you then say “Well, I’ve blown it” and throw yourself down the rest? No! You would get back up and resume walking. If you stumbled this weekend, immediately pick yourself back up and <get back on plan>!

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-03-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:58 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post

Decided to change my WI days from Saturday AM to Wed PM. It's easier for me to free up my Sat AM plus, I won't have to wait until 9AM on Sat AM to start my day.. With Holiday travel in the future, I may as well change it to during the week rather than keep on wknds.

QUESTION (*Disclaimer:guaranteed this has been asked before)

Am I setting myself up for disappointment for changing WI to evening - 6:40pm as opposed to sticking with AM WI's? Will I still show a loss? I know if I stick to the program, I will feel / see success but there is something about a WI with my coach that seems more gratifying. Plus, as advised by Lisa and a few others, I am staying away from my personal scale.
You may want to weigh at home that morning so you have a comparison between morning and clinic. If you do that for a few weeks, you'll have a good handle on the difference (besides home & clinic scales may have different calibrations)

Our weight fluctuates during the day (not our fat loss, however - just the actual weight on the scale). We are usually at our lightest first thing in the morning due to slight dehydration from sleeping.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:37 AM   #9  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All. Sad to report that this was the first weekend since I started IP in June that I cheated. I honestly don't know what it was mentality wise but I feel so guilty today. I was still pretty much eating lower carbs, I just wasn't sticking with the plan. My scale at home shows I'm up a lb (I missed last week's WI at my clinic bc of a last minute trip out of town).

I'm back on it today and hope not to have another slip up because I really do feel guilty about it. Hope everyone is doing well and I hope this doing throw me too far off course.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good Morning Everyone...

Off to the mall this AM to get a cover put on my new phone and also on my new Ipad. I hate the mall, but I am afraid of breaking things LOL....

Dinner last night @ Outback. Doggie loves when we go because he gets my extra steak LOL...

Just touching on some of the subjects from the weekend thread..... I always eat a restricted pack. Never had a correlation with a good or bad week depending what time I ate it.

Unrestricted veggies....I have been known to eat a cucumber or 2 in between when needed... Again never an issue.

Iphone 6 so far I love it. Best part not needing to find reading glasses every time I get a text LOL!

Sorry for all that have less then helpful coaches. My coach is great! I also have the support of the chiropractor and 2 of the other office staff that have been / are on IP. They want me to be in their ad campaign, but I am not ready for that just yet LOL.... It is such a good feeling when I check in with them as they whole office is so supportive.... My coach is available by cell or email.

You mentioned Outback so I have to tell my blonde moment!! My hubby and I have been seeing their commercials for steak and lobster and decided to have a date night Saturday. My mouth was watering for it! So there we were sitting at the restaurant waiting to be seated and the commercial came on, my hubby nudged me to look and then it hit me...we were at Longhorn not Outback! LOL So he says, oopsie, well we can leave and go to Outback....and then they called our name, so we decided to say and our dinner was very good. It was pretty funny though!
Old 11-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #11  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

I am very happy with my continued good losses and that, as long as I don't cheat, this diet is easy. However, on Saturday I was so looking forward to my cookie dough bar because I had been out to dinner Friday and Saturday and had been perfect even in spite of everyone else having lasagna and lots of candy. So I get home and make some tea and settle down with my yummy cookie dough bar. Then I got up to go get my book and when I get back my dog had eaten my bar!

I was so mad and disappointed that I struggled for the next day. I didn't eat 100% OP. Whenever I do that I tend to go more Atkins so I still stay in ketosis but I eat too much meat and fat to console myself.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
I am very happy with my continued good losses and that, as long as I don't cheat, this diet is easy. However, on Saturday I was so looking forward to my cookie dough bar because I had been out to dinner Friday and Saturday and had been perfect even in spite of everyone else having lasagna and lots of candy. So I get home and make some tea and settle down with my yummy cookie dough bar. Then I got up to go get my book and when I get back my dog had eaten my bar!

I was so mad and disappointed that I struggled for the next day. I didn't eat 100% OP. Whenever I do that I tend to go more Atkins so I still stay in ketosis but I eat too much meat and fat to console myself.
Bad dog!! Oh my goodness, I would have been upset!! I look forward to my bar!! Such a treat!! and I know what you mean about going more Atkins...i've been guilty of that a little bit lately too....shh.... I don't know, but I guess i've gotten a little lax at times and as long as carbs aren't involved i'll indulge every so often.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #13  

Question- is there an alternative oatmeal that is unrestricted and available in stores?
Old 11-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Hi Ladies! Well, I am a newbie - joined IP on Saturday and starting day 1 today. I am pretty excited, and a little nervous. Looking forward to posting here to keep me on track!
Old 11-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #15  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

About the restricteds: In the 4ish months that I have been on the program I have changed things up here and there.

When I first started, I would have a restricted Oatmeal 3 days a week but no other restricteds that week. Then after a while, I would alternate the oatmeal with a restricted PB bar. I have the oatmeal in the morning and on the days that I didn't have oatmeal, I would have the bar at night. So I was having a restricted 7 days a week.

Then I went to just having the bar at night 4-5 nights a week and no restricteds on the other 2 or 3 days. I found that having the PB bar that often made me hungrier...they are really good and I always had to talk myself out of having another one.

Lately I have been having the bar only 2 or 3 days a week and either no restricted on the other days or a restricted oatmeal in the morning on the other days. This week I have had the oatmeal every day that I didn't have the bar but only because I really wanted the oatmeal...it has been so cold here.

So, my point is that it was my experience that whether I have a restricted every day or only a couple of times a week and whether I had it in the morning or at night...it hasn't made a difference. My weight has pretty steadily come off. I don't NEED the restricted to feel happy and fulfilled. I just basically pick the items that I want to have for the day (and make sure if I have the restricted that I only have one) sometimes it includes a restricted and sometimes it doesn't.

Last edited by nat1015; 11-03-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Closed Thread