Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 07:00 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Thursday 9/25/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #2  

I'm in a situation that I'm hoping more experienced people can help me with - this weekend, I'm racing my corvette and also working the event. I've decided on RTD vanilla drinks for the 3 days as my two IP foods daily. The event has no microwave, no refrigerator and I'm allowed to bring a small cooler that normally has water. My question is around the veggies, I have no ideas on what to bring, needs to be quick since I'll only have about 20 minutes for lunch.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all!

Got the Beck book in the mail yesterday and worked my way through the first assignment - advantages of losing weight. I included some in there about maintaining, since I have been down the weight loss road many times before and also need to focus on what happens next. So far I relate to much of what she has to say and I think working through the book will be super helpful to prepare me for keeping the weight off this time. It will definitely be a lot of hard work to change my ingrained thoughts about food and eating, but worth it. Hope everyone has a good on-plan day!
Old 09-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #4  
I'm a loser!

S/C/G: 320/279.7/200

Height: 5'7"

This morning, I am crying huge, happy, dragon tears! I unofficially stepped on my scale this morning, and I am down 19.9 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks! It's not an official weigh in, and I know I might go back up a little, but I have not seen this weight in 15 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattigrr View Post
I'm in a situation that I'm hoping more experienced people can help me with - this weekend, I'm racing my corvette and also working the event. I've decided on RTD vanilla drinks for the 3 days as my two IP foods daily. The event has no microwave, no refrigerator and I'm allowed to bring a small cooler that normally has water. My question is around the veggies, I have no ideas on what to bring, needs to be quick since I'll only have about 20 minutes for lunch.
I would just bring cut up raw veggies, and munch on those. I like veggies. The other thing I do sometimes is a spinach salad, and just eat that quickly.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:04 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanadams View Post
This morning, I am crying huge, happy, dragon tears! I unofficially stepped on my scale this morning, and I am down 19.9 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks! It's not an official weigh in, and I know I might go back up a little, but I have not seen this weight in 15 years!
Way to go!!

Quote:
Firmer veggies like jicama, cucumbers, celery and cauliflower will hold up a bit better with minimal refrigeration, and a 2 cup portion should fit in a sandwich bag...I am assuming that you only need to make accommodations for breakfast and lunch, since you don't mention anything about dinner or your 3rd IP food. If you can squeeze that sandwich baggie into your cooler then raw sliced veg is definitely the way to go. I have 20 minutes to eat dinner between work and an evening class that I take, and that's what I do for veggies (along with 8oz cooked chicken, cut into cubes for finger food!)
Old 09-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #6  

Weighed in today instead of tomorrow since my coach will be out. Lost 2.2 and brought my total lost to 91.4 pounds! Body fat and visceral fat levels went down and muscle and water went up. All good things!

Hoping everyone has a great day!
Old 09-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #7  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Quote:
Hi Kattigrr

My husband I have been on IP for 30 weeks and he is lets says no a fan of many veggies me on the other hand I can eat anything. He has lost over 100 pounds and I have lost 77. I cut up rainbow peppers for him and put it into a zip lock sandwich bag. They stay good for a few days. Also he eats them with a bag of unresicted chips. Ready made pudding is easy and quick to eat and does not need to be refrigerated. Hope this helps and good luck.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Weighed in today instead of tomorrow since my coach will be out. Lost 2.2 and brought my total lost to 91.4 pounds! Body fat and visceral fat levels went down and muscle and water went up. All good things!

Great Job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanadams View Post
This morning, I am crying huge, happy, dragon tears! I unofficially stepped on my scale this morning, and I am down 19.9 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks! It's not an official weigh in, and I know I might go back up a little, but I have not seen this weight in years
Awesome Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy1014 View Post
Good Morning all!

Got the Beck book in the mail yesterday and worked my way through the first assignment - advantages of losing weight. I included some in there about maintaining, since I have been down the weight loss road many times before and also need to focus on what happens next. So far I relate to much of what she has to say and I think working through the book will be super helpful to prepare me for keeping the weight off this time. It will definitely be a lot of hard work to change my ingrained thoughts about food and eating, but worth it. Hope everyone has a good on-plan day!
I got mine Tuesday and started yesterday. It's like she was I my head! Lol I am trying to read slowly and absorb. I am generally a very fast reader and although that is fine with trashy romance novels, I need to take my time with this.

Anyone also get the beck workbook? Do you do that chapter by chapter in conjunction with the book or do the workbook after you finish the book?

Jumped on the scale this am out of habit since Thursday is normally wi day and looks like if I would have wi on my proper day I would be down 1.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #9  

Thank you everyone for the great ideas! It gets so busy at the racetrack these ideas will help a lot.

Kate
Old 09-25-2014, 11:48 AM   #10  

Quote:
You know we have THREE IP foods daily, correct?
Easiest veggies for me in those situations is celery, cukes, bell peppers & any other raw veggies you like. Cut in advance, of course!
Old 09-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #11  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

Think Thin Thursday Tip

If you're going through a stressful or draining time, its critical to take care of yourself and to find ways to let off steam and recharge your batteries. You absolutely DO need to take care of yourself but you DON'T need to take care of yourself with food.

Lisa's note: If I have a problem and I eat over it, then I have 2 problems.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #12  

Hi Lisa - yes I'm planning on bringing some bars or dill zippers for snacks.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post

AMAZING
Old 09-25-2014, 01:09 PM   #14  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hi iPeeps! Down 2.6, 75 lbs in total after 19 weeks! 33 more to go. I need to redouble my water efforts this week...barely did the minimum last week.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Week 7 weigh in today and im down -2.3, for a total of 21 pounds lost.

Its been really raining here in the Tri Cities, WA. And its putting a damper on my mood. I know most of it is from hormones from losing weight. Usually in these cases id find a good book to read and sit down with a bowl of popcorn (My Absolute Favorite thing ever). But instead today im going to sit down with a good book and drink a soothing cup of hot tea.

Today I'm going to Just Breath
Closed Thread