Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 06:37 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Chat Monday 9/8/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/189/115

Height: 5' 1"

Morning all..what a beautiful morning here!
Well after a few hiccups this week and having a better understanding of 100% compliance I was able to loss 2 pounds and enter into the 80's. Haven't seen that number in about 15 years.
Setting a goal of 185 by 9/22
Wishing you all success and a great week
Old 09-08-2014, 07:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I am still here, still reading the daily thread and 100% OP thread everyday, and still plugging along. And still losing massive amounts of hair. It is very noticeable in the front now and on the top. I am thankful that I began my IP journey with incredibly thick hair.

I've giving myself a pep talk since I did my weekly weigh-in at home this morning. (I have done IP with alternatives from the start.) I lost .2. This is by far the smallest loss I have had since Week #4 (and I am in Week #24). I am, of course, trying to figure out the "why"...if there even is a "why." It is not TOM. I am trying to get to goal as quickly as possible because of the rapid hair loss, and this .2 has me confused and worried. I know you guys can lift me up and make me feel better. Ready, go!
Old 09-08-2014, 07:56 AM   #4  

MarylandMom,
I wish I had great answers for you but I do want to say hang in there! You are doing the really hard work. Maybe this week was a fluke of some sort? I'm sure the wise ones around here will have some advice for you!

Today is an exciting day for me. I am making a return to our local Community Chorus after a few years away due to schedule and voice issues (had to get that pesky thyroid goiter taken care of!) and I am really looking forward to being part of the group again. I'm also guessing that I will have more stamina for the 2 hour rehearsal now that I am 86 pounds lighter!

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!
Old 09-08-2014, 08:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/189/115

Height: 5' 1"

@ Maryland...don't be disheartened...look how far you have come....Maybe your body is just at a reset! Just keep at it and you will reach your goal...It surely has been working for you so don't feel your efforts are in vain...
Regarding the hair loss....by chance have you had your thyroid checked?
Old 09-08-2014, 10:03 AM   #6  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Keep your chin up MarylandMom! If you only weigh once a week you could have just hit a fluke (now that I am a daily weigher....I'll have a pound up day followed by a two pound down day....?).

As far as hair loss, I am starting to really notice it also. I had hair loss with both of my pregnancies, so I expected it. I agree that a thyroid check might be a good idea especially if you are noticing hair loss particularly around your forehead or in your eyebrows.

Hang in there and keep on plugging away....don't let your weigh-in get you down!!!!!
Old 09-08-2014, 10:16 AM   #7  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday!

It is a GORGEOUS morning here!!!! Enjoyed my P3 breakfast and have the day off of "work" today. I say that in quotations because I have a house to clean, a week's worth of veggies to clean, a crazy little 4 year-old to entertain and take to gymnastics, an 8 year-old who needs to go to a well-check at the doctor this afternoon and then to karate, AND work billing to do. BUT....I still enjoy having the day "off", lol!

I have my meeting this Wednesday with my coach to transition to maintenance. I don't expect much help from her as she was no help in transitioning to Phase 3, but at least I can get officially weighed and measured. And then I am not sure if I will continue to schedule with her or not. I can have my hubby measure me in maintenance.

I really need to try to fit in a work-out today too.....bah....not going to be easy. Best get off my duff and off the computer! Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #8  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All,

Had a really relaxing weekend. It smells like rain this morning which would be great because here in Ca. we are drying up like prunes.I can here little sprinkles on my awning. Yay!!

Marylandmom, I don't have an answer for you. I agree with evemomma I weight everyday and my body changes up and down daily. It seems like from reading here that sometimes it's just something our bodies do when dieting. Don't get discouraged, keep your head in it. Next week will be better.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #9  
I'm a loser!

S/C/G: 320/279.7/200

Height: 5'7"

Just got done with my weigh in!!!! I lost 11.3 Pounds and.... get this... 14.25"!!! I can hardly believe that! I kind of think the measurements are wrong, but I'll take the weight loss!!

Last edited by Imanadams; 09-08-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #10  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanadams View Post
Just got done with my weigh in!!!! I lost 11.3 Pounds and.... get this... 14.25"!!! I can hardly believe that! I kind of think the measurements are wrong, but I'll take the weight loss!!

Wow, that's amazing!! Congrats
Old 09-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #11  
Restart Sept 2013

Height: 5'9"

Question for you guys - I've searched but can't seem to find the answer. Is Laughing Cow cheese allowed on ph 1? I had some last night but don't want to have it again unless I know it's okay!
Old 09-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #12  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:

WTG!!!
Old 09-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:

Great Job!

At the office this morning...plugging along LOL. Had a good weekend at home even though DH was sick and brought his favorite comfort foods into the house and left them in plain site on the kitchen counter! Ugh.... Anyway they did not tempt me and I stayed on plan...

So jealous of you people in maintenance LOL... I know I have taken a big chunk out of my weight but so much to go...sometimes it does get overwhelming .... Anyway NSV this AM since it is cool in the AM here now I decided to wear pants to work and they not only fit well, but the back is saggy LOL....Yeah!!!
Old 09-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #14  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssEnKay View Post
Question for you guys - I've searched but can't seem to find the answer. Is Laughing Cow cheese allowed on ph 1? I had some last night but don't want to have it again unless I know it's okay!
Cheese is not allowed on P1.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

Incredible!!! Congrats!!! Measurements may not be off... How many places are you measuring? I'm only down 8 so far... And those 8lbs have taken 3.5" off my waist and 3" off my hips. Haven't measured other spots.

I'm at school. Reallllly don't want to be here today. Love chemistry, but hate math and it's up next. Boo. But I'm done at 12:30 then get to go home and eat... So that's a plus! Maybe a short nap after... But I really need to fold laundry. Getting excited for my weigh in on Thursday! I want to see what 100% OP gets me!!
Closed Thread