3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   October Newbies-Achieving in August (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/298288-october-newbies-achieving-august.html)

schenectady 08-14-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiker88 (Post 5056012)
Hey everyone, I'm still struggling but still refusing to give up:) I had a great chat with my coach yesterday and like a few in the summer, I've decided to go back on P1 September 2nd. In the meantime I'm working at drinking all of my water, taking my vitamins and making sure I get lots of protein in my day. Its only 2.5 weeks away so I'm looking forward to getting strict again... I kept trying and trying to get back on P1 but it just wasn't happening... I'm hoping this little break will help me... especially since I've picked a date... thank goodness Hawaii is my sister as she keeps asking me how I'm doing and reminding me of how much $$$ we've spent and all the hard work this year... all good reminders!! That being said, for some reason I've been totally OP for P1 today... lets see what happens????

I went and got fake nails for the first time this week and yesterday I got a spray tan... I fly out for the wedding tomorrow and despite a lot of family not making it, it will be fun to get decked out at a much smaller size (a 'normal' person size!!) than I was last year... thanks for not giving up on me guys!!

Hiker88 - you and I are very much in the same position - same height and nearly the same weight. Let's hang in here together and do not feel bad to have slips. Get back on the horse and get riding fast after falling off,

I know you have a special reason for phasing off for a bit - I will be there in October when our son gets married (he returns to Hawaii in early October but will be married up here if he gets his leave papers signed).

You will be back OP the way you want to soon. Hang tight! We a re all here for you.

Slipfree 08-14-2014 11:22 PM

Yay! Some of the ladies are back. Remember, fall 6 times get up 7. We are all works in progress. I am glad that you are here, because I missed you both.

The next few days will include more wine (mom is here), so next week will be a few days of phase 1. Making great progress on the tag sale, everything is pretty much priced. Set up tomorrow. It has been gloriously cool weather, making the work so much easier. But man, I am tired.

LUCCILOVE 08-14-2014 11:28 PM

Just a quick not to you fab IPers. I am alive. Just real busy with the 2 houses. House we bought is almost done with updates. House we are renting is on the market. I am now on my 2nd week of P3. I am doing just ok. It is real tough right now. I have gained about 5 lbs total. When I am moved into the new house in late Sept I will probably go back to P1 and try to loose another 20lbs but this time I know what I am doing.

I am hanging on ladies but it is hard. I read your posts everyday just don't have a chance to reply. I agree this is a never ending journey. Glad we are in it together!!! Thanks for all the advice and support!!! I need it! ;)

Slipfree 08-14-2014 11:42 PM

Hey Luccilove! Seeing a note from you made my night even better. At least we have each other on this never ending journey. Soon the house stress will be done and you will be able to focus on yourself.

Hawaii69 08-15-2014 09:41 AM

Hello all:

Its great reading everyones posts. And to know that even though some are struggling, they are not giving up. And look at all the weight you've all lost. The reality is that this is about the day to day struggle of life and learning to make good choices. What I've learned from this plan is that I don't need to eat as much to feel satisfied and that the protein helps my blood sugar stay level and I dont' feel as hungry and am satisfied for longer. I can enjoy some foods and drinks in moderation while making healthy choices most of the time but not having an 'all' or 'nothing' attitude as that means its easier for me to just give in and not try when having a bad day or two. I have more confidence in having control over my eating and as maintenance continues, I continue to learn. But, it does help to know that we are all on this journey together and can encourage each other along the way to make the best choices food wise to help us be healthier. So, thanks everyone!!

want2bskinnyagain 08-15-2014 11:12 AM

What fabulous support, you guys rock! Lots of us seem to be putting our plans on hold until Sept. I say whatever works for you, do it. For me only taking vacations off is the way to go, then getting right back on track works for me. I know that is not you are supposed to do it, but it seems to work for me. I need the freedom but also being able to get right back to my program is key for me. I use it as a learning experience for maintenance. Keep checking in letting us know how you are doing. We are a team and we will all get the our goals!!

Slipfree 08-15-2014 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought this quote applied to us all!

Tag sale tomorrow. Have a terrible cold and TOM. What does kill us, makes us stronger. I need some strength! :dizzy:

Hawaii69 08-16-2014 09:56 AM

You can do this Slip! I am always so happy when I've had a good eating day and wake up the next morning because I can tell by the way I feel if I've eaten well. I don't feel so bloated and just feel better. So, there are those days I have to white knuckle which are totally worth it and then the days where I don't but I never beat myself up, I just move forward. You have done excellent! You inspire so many. We keep getting up! I hope that you will be feeling better soon, no fun to be sick! Look after yourself!

KookySuki 08-16-2014 11:31 AM

Hi Everyone! I'm sorry it's been a tough time for IP for everyone and I'm also struggling. This first week staying in TX on business has been pretty much a nightmare for trying to eat OP. I'm sharing a rental car with two coworkers, so we're together for lunch and sometimes dinner every day, so I've given up trying to steer the group in a healthier direction. I'm trying to make good food choices, but at some places, it's pretty much impossible, so I just order something that isn't horrible and just pay attention to when I'm satisfied. I also have been blessed with PMS and early TOM. I'll have some work to do when I get back to CA. I have been having IP drinks for breakfast every day instead of eating the continental breakfast at the hotel which is lowering my caloric load for the day. My clothes don't feel tighter, so maybe I haven't gained very much my fingers and feet feel bloated, but I think that might be from more salt in my food and the stifling heat. I have no idea. I just want to home...counting down the days. : (

I can really identify with the struggles everyone is facing and wish you the strength to power through it.

canadjineh 08-16-2014 03:14 PM

Hang on Kooki... You are doing well with your breakfast plan! Every 100% meal counts, especially your breakfast as it gets you headed in the right direction. I guess it's 2 against 1 in the 'healthier restaurant' choices game, wishing you strength and willpower. You have made your plan and you are killing this!! :cp:
Humidity/heat and restaurant saltiness will definitely cause water retention, so rest easy, it should be better when you get back home... make sure you are getting all your water in, it seems counterintuitive, but enough water in helps the body let go of excess instead of trying to store it. :cool:

Liana

Slipfree 08-17-2014 01:36 AM

Survived the tag Sale. Have no voice. Made about 500 $ have about tons of stuff to donate. Thank goodness for free meal because I needed a drink!

want2bskinnyagain 08-18-2014 12:11 AM

Slip:Glad the sale went well! Hope your voice returns soon.

Our puppy has had a sore leg for a couple of days so we took her to the vet on Sat. She gave us some to give Bella and told us to not let her jump up on anything and to not let her get too much exercise! I guess the vet forgets puppies like to run and jump up on everything. It has been stressful the last couple of days. If Bella hurts it she lays around and whimpers or yelps. I feel so bad for her. Hopefully she gets better soon and we don't have to take her back to the vet.

Slipfree 08-18-2014 07:48 AM

Good morning all,

Want2b- so sorry that Bella is hurt, such a helpless feeling when animals are in pain. I hope that her leg improves soon.

Hawaii, thank you for your support. It is strange, but with all the lifting, carrying,
and moving around- I am right at goal weight this morning. You are right about clean eating days and indulgences, it seems to be about balance in maintenance.

Kooky, just do your best. Travel is tough. Enjoy your new experiences and job.

Liana, glad things are slowing down at work for you :)

Kawaii, how are you doing?

As for me, I have a horrible summer respiratory infection. If it does not improve by tomorrow, I will head to the Drs. Feeling punkey is forcing me to slow down during my last week before school starts.

All of the left over Tag Sale stuff (3 truck loads) has been donated.

I did buy some really cute clothes for school. I am still searching for boots and will need some winter sweaters.

Hope all is well with Hiker, Luccilove, Schenectady, and Jig.

KookySuki 08-18-2014 10:01 PM

Thanks Liana and Slipfree- I'm doing ok with food. I'm not going overboard and into old habits. I've made good choices overall, but have had some things I wouldn't be eating at home. I'm still feeling bloated, but it's TOM and I always feel like this, but I'm sure the restaurant food isn't helping. I need to drink lots of water!

I'll be home Friday night and can't wait! I miss eating all of the fresh veggies I was eating before. Also, I miss my cat, my bed, and not sharing a car. I still need to get settled into my new apartment. I left lots of boxes unopened because I had to leave for training.

Want2Be- I hope your puppy gets better soon! It's always interesting when the vet tells you to make your pet do something like that. Mine told me to brush my cat's teeth. I don't think I could do that if I had four people holding him down. I hope you can get her to rest and let her leg heal.

Slipfree- Congrats on making $ at the tag sale and getting rid of all of that stuff! That must be a relief to have all of that stuff gone. I hope you get some rest now and fight off that respiratory infection. I'm glad you found cute clothes. It must have been a lot more fun doing back to school shopping this year. : )

Slipfree 08-18-2014 10:44 PM

Kooky- back to school shopping is easier, I order it and it fits :) I think I might be heading to the Drs. tomorrow, things do not appear to be getting better without pre. meds.

I am sure that you are excited about getting back to your new home. Time to nest a little and explore. Not to mention cuddle Suki.