3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   October Newbies-Achieving in August (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/298288-october-newbies-achieving-august.html)

Slipfree 08-10-2014 12:15 PM

Hi All!

Kooky, I did not go to school, just went to buy the cricut machine. I do not go to school until prof. Dev. Days, but the flip side is I spend some pretty late nights setting up the classroom. This year they said that they were going to paint (we will see!!) so I had to take everything down. Making start up more labor intensive.

So happy that you are loving the new place! Did you find some more work clothes? Do you leave for a Texas today?

KookySuki 08-11-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 5054073)
Hi All!

Kooky, I did not go to school, just went to buy the cricut machine. I do not go to school until prof. Dev. Days, but the flip side is I spend some pretty late nights setting up the classroom. This year they said that they were going to paint (we will see!!) so I had to take everything down. Making start up more labor intensive.

So happy that you are loving the new place! Did you find some more work clothes? Do you leave for a Texas today?

Hi! Glad you're not already going back in the building. : )

I found some cute outfits at Ann Taylor Loft, but need some black heels still. I start work in TX today. The coworkers who flew down with me are super nice. Staying OP could be a challenge. I'm going to follow the maintenance structure. Finding the lower fat/higher carb meal could be a challenge here, but when I'm faced with a lack of options, I'll just default to meat and veggies.

I'm excited to start my new job, but tired. Waking up early with the two hour time difference was rough!! Still tired and drinking coffee before we leave for the office.

How is everyone else doing?

Any suggestions for travel meals? I'm I have a fridge and microwave in my room, so that might help.

KookySuki 08-11-2014 09:17 AM

I'm trying to make my diet as discrete as possible and don't want to interfere with what others want.

Slipfree 08-11-2014 10:31 AM

Hey kooky,

Heard it is super hot in Dallas! Do your best food wise. Salad W/ meat is always a go to meal for me during the summer. If there is fruit in the salad, I eat around it. Some Yogurt for your fridge might help.

Hope you catch up on sleep soon. I feel your pain, getting up at 5:45 soon is going to be a shock to me. Haven't been falling asleep lately until 3:00 am.

Today, just focus on the positive parts of your wonderful life transformation. You saw what was not working in your life and you changed it. I am in awe of your courage!

KookySuki 08-11-2014 08:48 PM

Thanks Slipfree! After my first day at my new job, I can say that I'm happy with the decision to work for this company. I'll give myself a C for my food intake today. Lunch was a TX BBQ place and I had a grilled chicken salad...not the healthiest one that ever existed, but the best I could do. Dinner we went to a Tex Mex place and I had chicken fajitas and a half of a small skinny margarita. I think we're on our own for meals tomorrow, so I might be able to do a P1 day. There's a Whole Foods pretty close to our hotel. So I might go there to pick up some healthy stuff for my room. I'm very determined to do the best I can on this trip, but I know I won't be able to be perfect living out of a hotel for two weeks surrounded by unhealthy options.

I am really happy with the direction my life is going with work and where I'm going to be living when I get back. I feel fortunate for this opportunity.

Hope everyone had a nice Monday!

Slipfree 08-11-2014 09:22 PM

Hi everyone,

Kooky, glad you had a great 1st day! Yay :yay: for the positive life direction.

Missing the rest of the girls: Hiker and Schenectady have not heard from you lately, hope all is well.

want2bskinnyagain 08-12-2014 03:25 PM

Kooky: Glad you are enjoying the new job so far. I would stick with salads or steak and veggies.

Schenectady: You are right about positive comments being good for the soul, and they are also good for my motivation.

Kawaii: Glad things are going well for you, getting closer to goal!!! You are doing an amazing job, love your profile pic, you look amazing and so happy.

Slip: Did you find a cricut? I am a card maker and scrapbooker, those machines are awesome, I am sure you will get lots of use out of it.

My trip was great, lots of sun, pool time and shopping. My friend is a size 2 and looks great in anything. I was just excited to try on clothes in the same stores she was in. A year ago I would have just stood around while she tried
on clothes because nothing would have been close to fitting. I know I am
never going to be a size 2 but who cares, shopping in regular size stores is
very exciting.
Back op today. I was up 5lbs this morning but it will be gone soon I think. I did forget to have breakfast this morning. Oops. DD and I went for a jog, then I took the puppy for a walk, then hopped in the shower. My friends just started a running plan so I am going to try to start one too, she said when she started running last time she lost inches off her stomach. Hopefully I can get
out 3 times a week, and lose inches as well! Hoping to get into a routine before I go back to work in 3 weeks.

Slipfree 08-12-2014 03:48 PM

Want2b, you look awesome in the FB pictures! I think we judge ourselves too harshly. The trip looked fun.

I did buy the cricut machine. It does not include directions so I need to read them online. Have been too busy getting ready for the tag sale and cleaning my hoarder basement! Work is going to seem like vacation after this summer!

Good for you with starting to run! I would like to walk or run more but my foot is still giving me issues. Thinking about trying yoga when school starts. My incoming class is said to be challenging, so I may need some stress relief,lol!

want2bskinnyagain 08-13-2014 01:34 PM

Slip: Thanks for the compliments. When do you go back to work?

Official WI today, up 2.6lbs from before vacation. I am ok with that, back on track now. Have newphew's wedding in 2.5 weeks, after that I am going to be super strict with myself until Oct. Then going to phase off no matter what the number on the scale says. Getting excited about that!

What is everyone doing today?

Slipfree 08-13-2014 02:29 PM

Want2b- school starts on Aug. 25th. 2.6 pounds isn't bad at all. I gain that after one free meal. Darn water retention!

Just posted all the info for the tag sale online. I will be so happy when it is done!
Parting with my dresses and coats is kind of a double edged sword. I am glad that they are too big, but I loved them.

want2bskinnyagain 08-13-2014 06:18 PM

Slip: I hear you bon not wanting to get rid of some clothes, I have favorites too. but they have to go! I am also realizing that I have no clothes for fall/winter! I have 3 pairs of pants and the some tshirts. Yikes! Hopefully I can hit some really good sales.

schenectady 08-14-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 5054754)
Hi everyone,

Kooky, glad you had a great 1st day! Yay :yay: for the positive life direction.

Missing the rest of the girls: Hiker and Schenectady have not heard from you lately, hope all is well.

Thank you for the remembering, Slipfree. I took a detour and I am just now getting recharged to kick my b-tt back into gear. I think my warped little mind got a little too cocky feeling that I looked good and my focus slipped.

So I know I do not weigh 297 any more and relative to that, I do look good but I need to remind myself I still have a bit to go AND I have to phase off properly, not just go back to eating everything that does not move.

That is how I got there in the first place! Hard lesson to learn and remember.

Hiker88 08-14-2014 06:00 PM

Hey everyone, I'm still struggling but still refusing to give up:) I had a great chat with my coach yesterday and like a few in the summer, I've decided to go back on P1 September 2nd. In the meantime I'm working at drinking all of my water, taking my vitamins and making sure I get lots of protein in my day. Its only 2.5 weeks away so I'm looking forward to getting strict again... I kept trying and trying to get back on P1 but it just wasn't happening... I'm hoping this little break will help me... especially since I've picked a date... thank goodness Hawaii is my sister as she keeps asking me how I'm doing and reminding me of how much $$$ we've spent and all the hard work this year... all good reminders!! That being said, for some reason I've been totally OP for P1 today... lets see what happens????

I went and got fake nails for the first time this week and yesterday I got a spray tan... I fly out for the wedding tomorrow and despite a lot of family not making it, it will be fun to get decked out at a much smaller size (a 'normal' person size!!) than I was last year... thanks for not giving up on me guys!!

Hiker88 08-14-2014 06:02 PM

Thanks for posting Schenectady it helps me to fess up and let everyone know I'm having a hard time!! I know I will always have to work at my weight but with this support system it really gives me the stregnth to keep trying!!

canadjineh 08-14-2014 06:17 PM

Schenectady, lol "eating everything that does not move" - funny girl! :cbg:
Keep on Hiker! You will get to your maintenance goal, just don't give up - try to stay 100% and you will be done quicker and have learned new coping skills ;)

Hugs all! AND...:dust:

Liana