Old 07-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

Default What is your favorite go to meal on this diet?

I have looked at the stickies and I see all the wonderful recipes. What I want to know is what is everyone's "go to" favorites? I am looking for some meal plan ideas. It can include IP packets or not. As long as it's IP friendly.
Sheena1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:27 PM   #2  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

Default Rosemary Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs

My favorite meal is lemon marinated chicken thighs. My husband follows the recipe below, although he leaves out the butter and sometimes uses other spices instead of rosemary (Herbs de Provence is a good one). He grills the chicken. It is fabulous!

Rosemary Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs

2 lbs chicken thighs, with or without the skin/bones
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped (once chopped it’ll be more like 1 Tbsp)
1 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp granulated garlic
2 tsp freshly ground pepper
2 Tbsp melted ghee, or grassfed butter

Mix together the lemon juice, lemon zest, chopped rosemary, sea salt, garlic, and pepper. Place in a large bowl or Ziploc bag with the chicken thighs, and toss around until the marinade covers all the chicken. If in a bowl, cover.
Place the chicken in the refrigerator and let marinate for at least 2 hours, or up to overnight.
Peppertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

I like extra lean ground turkey with Franks Buffalo Sauce. Yummy - and super easy

Last edited by murphypuppy; 07-09-2014 at 12:50 PM.
murphypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Big Mac in a bowl
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

I found this one at the Andover Diet Clinic. They have lots of great recipes. I make this one a lot. Love the flavor combinations. Sometimes I substitute chicken for the shrimp.

Roasted Broccoli with Shrimp (great for all phases)
Ingredients:
2 pounds broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds (or 1/2 teaspoon ground)1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds (or 1/2 teaspoon ground)
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon hot chili powder
1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 1/4 teaspoons lemon zest (from 1 large lemon)
Lemon wedges, for serving

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss broccoli with 2 tablespoons oil, coriander, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and chili powder. In a separate bowl, combine shrimp, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lemon zest, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
2. Spread broccoli in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes. Add shrimp to baking sheet and toss with broccoli. Roast, tossing once halfway through, until shrimp are just opaque and broccoli is tender and golden around edges, about 10 minutes more. Serve with lemon wedges, or squeeze lemon juice all over shrimp and broccoli just before serving.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #6  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

I'm pretty lazy about my meals. Pretty much daily I have whatever meat I choose grilled and a cucumber salad with onion and bell peppers. I like the cucumbers because its light and refreshing to me. If I'm extra hungry I add shreded lettuce and sometimes tomatoes. I either make a dressing with olive oil, vinegar lots of garlic or WF thousand island dressing.
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #7  

We're lucky enough on this diet to not have to have a "go to"
I'm about keeping it interesting so I don't get bored.
We grill outdoors a lot and also frequently smoke meat.

My breakfasts are mostly the same and lunches don't change that much.
Best place to find out what people are eating is to go to the "What are you eating today" thread
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #8  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Best place to find out what people are eating is to go to the "What are you eating today" thread
Same.

My favorite meal I've had so far are knock off PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce wraps. Lean ground chicken sauteed up in the WF Asian dressing, with jicama strips (give a crunch like water chestnuts), Asian spices and wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves.
pishposhappelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:11 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

I check out the "what are you eating today" thread every day. I like checking it out. I was just looking for people's favorites and they can post the recipe if they like. I did this on a fb page and we got some really good ideas. Hope to get some more!
Old 07-10-2014, 02:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Sheena - you can 'like' Chef Verati's FB page and he often posts recipes there as well as upcoming in person events. He is just such a squeezable cutie with a Quebecois accent! I'd take him home, except both of us already have significant others, lol.
Ahhh, Daniel, mon petit chou! (endearment that means 'my little cabbage.')

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:50 AM   #11  

One of my favorites is chicken strips dipped in egg and coated with crunched up IP crisps. I like bbq flavor the most.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena1966 View Post
One of my favorites is chicken strips dipped in egg and coated with crunched up IP crisps. I like bbq flavor the most.
Sounds yummy with the BBQ crisps! But having a packet and protein in one meal leaves only two packets for the rest of the day!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #13  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Sounds yummy with the BBQ crisps! But having a packet and protein in one meal leaves only two packets for the rest of the day!
My go to is always a burger patty. Today I felt like having one like when I was a kid that had egg and bread crumbs so I used egg white, a bit of sugar free ketchup, a half pack of crushed southwest cheese curls. It was awesome!

And since I only had a half pack, I'm going to have a jelly which I was told I could have a couple times a week as an extra anyway.

I'm glad I found a use for the SW curls. I don't like them on their own and they are too expensive to waste. And they expire in August,
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #14  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

Make a sauce of WF strawberry jam warmed with franks hot sauce paprika chili powder garlic powder and a tad of salt. Throw it on some grilled chicken or flank steak...it is so savory. Also love making taco seasoned lean ground meat. After cooking the meat drain and rinse any fat....add chili powder ground cumin paprika garlic powder sea salt minced fresh jalapeño and 1/2 cup water let simmer down and serve it with whole romaine lettuce leaves... Roll just like tacos. Add a little IP friendly salsa on top. I am a gourmet cook, in fact my clinic is asking if I can submit some recipe videos for their clients. Maybe down the line. I am having so much fun with the packets too. Today I made a curry soup out of the chicken soup. Keep your food interesting....it is key.
jo4applerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:55 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
Make a sauce of WF strawberry jam warmed with franks hot sauce paprika chili powder garlic powder and a tad of salt. Throw it on some grilled chicken or flank steak...it is so savory. Also love making taco seasoned lean ground meat. After cooking the meat drain and rinse any fat....add chili powder ground cumin paprika garlic powder sea salt minced fresh jalapeño and 1/2 cup water let simmer down and serve it with whole romaine lettuce leaves... Roll just like tacos. Add a little IP friendly salsa on top. I am a gourmet cook, in fact my clinic is asking if I can submit some recipe videos for their clients. Maybe down the line. I am having so much fun with the packets too. Today I made a curry soup out of the chicken soup. Keep your food interesting....it is key.
Ok.... now you made me hungry...