3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Any July starters out there? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/297462-any-july-starters-out-there.html)

Sgrealtor1 11-25-2014 01:25 PM

Whoosh! Down 3 today :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

JJTx 11-25-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 (Post 5098471)
Whoosh! Down 3 today :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Woohoo!! whooshes all around, I'm down 5 :)

loser58 11-25-2014 11:13 PM

Congrats on the long-awaited whooshes!

I am having a discouraging day. I saw a bunch of family members today who I haven't seen since before the summer (53 pounds ago). I was hoping that some positive feedback would give me the motivation that I need to get through Thanksgiving on program. Not one of them noticed a thing! When I made one dinner for everyone else and a salad with chicken for myself, I explained the IP program - and still not a word. No, "I can tell you are losing", No "You look better", nothing! I know that I still have a load of weight to lose, but I really thought that by now the loss (20% of my starting weight) would be noticeable.

On a positive note, I sold a bunch of my too-big clothes at a consignment shop and used the money to buy a few things to get me (hopefully) to the next size down.

Sgrealtor1 11-26-2014 06:22 AM

Loser I know the feeling....I sometimes want to scream at people like how can you not notice I lost 50 lbs!!! But I am learning that as long as I know it is OK.... Family is the hardest on us. My sister who is very overweight was with me on vacation this summer and saw all my special orders at the resturants and also I was down 30 Lbs and she did not say a thing the whole time....fast forward 1 month later I am at her house for her son't birthday and she finally said something but quietly in private to me. Just be happy for you and they will eventually come around and notice. My mom is my biggest cheerleader (next to DH of course) and she tells everyone we see when I am with her about my weight loss LOL....

We have snow on the way to NJ today so schools are closed. Of course DS had Ice Hockey practice this AM so I still need to go to school at 7:15 to pick him up...guess I will be dropping a few kids off at home this AM...

Then home to get ready to do my thanksgiving prep. I have 18 for dinner tomorrow...Pre Cooking my big turkey and will carve that and put it in gravy for tomorrow and just cook a small turkey breast tomorrow. Also have to make all my sides so that when the company gets here I can actually sit and enjoy them....Sipping on my Seltzer in my wine glass LOL

JJTx 11-26-2014 07:52 AM

Loser - I think we've all been there! I didn't start getting comments until I hit about 50 pounds. And my step-mother just asked me a couple of weeks ago.

I think people hesitate because they don't want to offend someone by either talking about weight, or being wrong. Or as others here have said, they notice something is different - and compliment your haircut or a blouse you've worn 10 times!

The important thing is to keep going and do this for yourself. The external motivation is affirming, but so is looking in the mirror or putting on that smaller pair of jeans. :)

oneuh2 11-27-2014 01:23 AM

I had weigh in early this week - last nite instead of my usual Thursday WI - down 2.4 for a total of 49.2... Really hoped i would hit the 50 lb milestone by Thanksgiving... Not there yet, even on my home scale. But - its the better part of 50, and I have been lucky to have a lot of compliments recently. I got into some smaller sizes that show off my losses better so that may have encouraged comments.

Overall, feeling good, and looking forward to the next 4 or 5 months of journey with you guys!
Congrats on the whooshes, Sue and JTTx!!! Way to go!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Sgrealtor1 11-27-2014 07:04 AM

One - good WI :carrot::carrot: I know it is so annoying to be almost right at a number you want but not exactly there.... Next week you will get it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my July Starter friends ... Hang in there we can make it thru today with a plan just like any other day. I will be eating turkey, salad and roasted cauliflower.... dessert is an IP chocolate pudding :D

I am thankful that I will be surrounded by my family and friends today and I am also thankful for all my IP friends....I could not have gotten this far without all your support, guidance and encouragement! Thanks!

oneuh2 12-06-2014 01:24 PM

Gotta share with you all that I missed meeting my mini goal of -50lbs by December 4th official WI.... bummer - I had my first 'zero loss' week since beginning IP... :(

But I did reach it this morning on my home scale -- I am so relieved -- I thought I might be going into stall-land... not where I want to be in the middle of the major eating events that are so common this time of year.

In the daily chat thread I posted at length on today's celebration of leaving the 190's - I'll spare you another lengthy happy dance in this posting...
but please know - I am so happy to share my good news with you guys!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

loser58 12-06-2014 10:02 PM

oneuh2 - You missed the goal by only 2 days!! In the grand scheme of things, 2 days is nothing! The important thing is that you got there and that you are staying OP during a challenging time of year. Think about the day you started in July - would it have made a difference to you then if you knew you would hit 50 pounds off on December 6th instead of December 4th? I doubt it - you would have been thrilled to reach this milestone. I hope you enjoyed your celebration - you deserve it!

Sgrealtor1 12-07-2014 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5102218)
Gotta share with you all that I missed meeting my mini goal of -50lbs by December 4th official WI.... bummer - I had my first 'zero loss' week since beginning IP... :(

But I did reach it this morning on my home scale -- I am so relieved -- I thought I might be going into stall-land... not where I want to be in the middle of the major eating events that are so common this time of year.

In the daily chat thread I posted at length on today's celebration of leaving the 190's - I'll spare you another lengthy happy dance in this posting...
but please know - I am so happy to share my good news with you guys!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

:bravo::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: so very happy for you....welcome to the 50 pound down club.

oneuh2 12-07-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loser58 (Post 5102355)
oneuh2 - You missed the goal by only 2 days!! In the grand scheme of things, 2 days is nothing! The important thing is that you got there and that you are staying OP during a challenging time of year. Think about the day you started in July - would it have made a difference to you then if you knew you would hit 50 pounds off on December 6th instead of December 4th? I doubt it - you would have been thrilled to reach this milestone. I hope you enjoyed your celebration - you deserve it!

thanks loser58 and Sgrealtor -- I don't feel a need to nitpick over this -- I am just grateful not to be hung up in a real stall. Posts by others on 3FC lately seem to have highlighted stalls of a few weeks... I am sure it must be terribly hard to stay OP when the scale is just not moving. Thankfully, my unofficial scale has moved, and I feel I can relax and just keep on keeping OP.

I will actually post my official IP coach WI this coming Thursday, Dec 11-- meanwhile, I will be glad to see the holiday food events in the rearview mirror... and what a joy to be entering the new year without facing the need to get started on an eating management program on January 1st. This year, I am already on the right path for food intake - I can focus on something new for the new year -- embarking on a regular exercise program, committing to some dance classes - I think I want to learn and 'own' the Quickstep this year - and I look forward to being at goal by April and tackling the longer term challenge of maintenance.

Right now - All is good - and support from everyone on this forum really solidifies all that is good! thanks for your support and good thoughts!!

loser58 12-09-2014 01:28 PM

Woo Hoo! Down 3.4 this week for a total of 60.4 since July! Looking like onederland might be under the Christmas tree!

It feels so good to be right in the middle of the holiday season and not feeling awful about what and how much I am eating. Even the cookie baking is easier than I'd thought it would be.

JJTx 12-09-2014 03:03 PM

That's great!! :)

oneuh2 12-09-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loser58 (Post 5103231)
Woo Hoo! Down 3.4 this week for a total of 60.4 since July! Looking like onederland might be under the Christmas tree!

It feels so good to be right in the middle of the holiday season and not feeling awful about what and how much I am eating. Even the cookie baking is easier than I'd thought it would be.

Wow! more than 60 lbs down! That's a HUGE accomplishment!!
Congrats to you!!

Sgrealtor1 12-10-2014 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loser58 (Post 5103231)

Great Job...:carrot::carrot::carrot:

I'm on your heals with a 2.5 loss this week....almost at 60! Yes it is a great feeling heading into the holidays in control. But also makes me nervous for what lies ahead in to maintain this.