3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Any July starters out there? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/297462-any-july-starters-out-there.html)

loser58 08-26-2014 02:29 PM

Disappointing WI today. After losing 20 in my first 4 weeks, the scale was down 1.4 today. I have learned from all my lurking here that this does not have to be a big deal. I am realizing that I cannot comtrol the scale, I can only control what I do and think. So, I am not dwelling on the WI, just planning the rest of my meals for the next few days and getting back to all the non-food stuff I have to accomplish today.

canadjineh 08-26-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loser58 (Post 5060969)
Disappointing WI today. After losing 20 in my first 4 weeks, the scale was down 1.4 today. I have learned from all my lurking here that this does not have to be a big deal. I am realizing that I cannot comtrol the scale, I can only control what I do and think. So, I am not dwelling on the WI, just planning the rest of my meals for the next few days and getting back to all the non-food stuff I have to accomplish today.

Don't worry loser58... you are at the 4-6 week in 'mini-stall' where your body kind of goes through a reset and then boom, continues on again. You will probably notice a big change suddenly in your measurements or other kinds of NSV's coming up pretty soon. Just think about how horrified we would have been if the scale had gone at the same rate in the other direction when we were gaining. 21.4 lbs in 5 weeks gain would have freaked us right out!! So really you are losing at a good clip :D Any 'down' is reversing from where we started, so it's ALL good! :hug::D

Liana

JJTx 08-27-2014 10:33 AM

Down 1.4 for this week, which I'll take with the stressful week I'm having! It's 10 pounds total so far in August. As Liana said, it's in the right direction :)

SarahBee_ 08-27-2014 06:47 PM

Down 4.2 this week (on Monday) for 24.8 total. I'm going to talk to my coach about the IP laxative tomorrow, been having a lot of issues in that department the last week and a half! Are there any drugstore brands that can be used instead?

I've been waiting since the end of July for some news, and it was put off once, then twice, and now to the end of this week or beyond. I'm quite anxious about it, and it's making the mental challenge to stay 100% OP harder. I've stayed strong, but I was hungry most of the day yesterday, and absolutely ravenous today. Nothing I ate filled me up... I didn't even have that issue at the start of this. Not sure if it's because of the stress, or something else. I did have a fairly big drop this morning after a mini-stall, so maybe it's that.

Has anyone's coach mentioned too *much* water intake? Since a previous diet 6 years ago, I have gotten in the habit of drinking lots of water... 4 to 6 L a day. I mentioned this to her last week, and she said I might be drinking too much? That it could throw off my electrolytes?

Today's small NSV (I think this would count)... a colleague brought in a huge box of Timbits for our group of 6. Despite being able to see them from my desk all day (and previously mentioned hunger), I wasn't even tempted to have one.

brsc 08-28-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5060719)
Fabulous! Congrats on those results! Our mini goals are similar - I know we can achieve them!

I actually hadn't made mini goals really. I had a "soft" goal weight, something I could achieve in a reasonable amount time so I wouldn't get discouraged but that was the only one I made. But that's a fantastic idea and I think I'm going to take you up on that idea!

oneuh2 08-29-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brsc (Post 5061838)
I actually hadn't made mini goals really. I had a "soft" goal weight, something I could achieve in a reasonable amount time so I wouldn't get discouraged but that was the only one I made. But that's a fantastic idea and I think I'm going to take you up on that idea!

I think I messed up my posting - your WI results you shared were terrific! An d then I meant to call out Sgrealtor about the mini goals. Sorry for confusion, but maybe my mess up was good. I think the mini goal idea is a good one. I just created mine last week, trying to break down my overall -90 lb goal into smaller pieces that I can get my head around. For those of us with more than 25 or 30 lbs to lose, I think this is a smart approach.

Set some that work for you - maybe align with my timeframes, or just identify chunks with dates that have meaning for you, and post 'em in your signature and let's support one another to meet them!

kennasmum 09-01-2014 09:30 AM

Hi everyone, I am a July starter too. :).
I weighed myself July 2nd and I was 237. This morning I was 208.
I lost 20 pounds in July. Wasn't able to manage weekly weigh ins due to holidays.
August weight loss has been MUCH slower.
I am far from perfect on IP. However, I am still pretty proud!
I have completely avoided alcohol, fruit, potatoes, bread.
I've cheated with nuts mostly. I had one embarrassingly horrible day that involved caramel and cheese popcorn...need I say more?
I am proud of staying strong through my summer holidays when I was making delicious carb laden foods for everyone but me.
I bought myself a pair of loose size 20 jean shorts at the end of June. I'm now wearing size 14 jeans comfortably! I'm stupidly busty but I am noticing some shrinkage there (yay!!!!) And I've seen vast improvement in my belly.
I've got a long way to go but I'm pretty happy with my progress. I've struggled with my weight since my teen years. I've never experienced this kind of success on any of the countless diets I've tried.

I am doing IP using some alternatives. I use lean fit whey protein shakes, they are not near as tasty as the IP RTD but adding some Walden farms chocolate greatly improves them. And at 0.65$ per shake, they definitely reduce my cost.

My coach does nothing but weigh me. She does no measurements or body fat analysis.

My current short term goal is to lose another 20 by October 18 for my sister in laws wedding.

Well that's probably already more than you want to know. Looking forward to journeying through this together successfully!

kennasmum 09-01-2014 09:52 AM

Me again :)
I just wanted to share something that has really made my life and this diet easier.
My cousin taught me how to make my veggies last in the fridge.
You take a sealable container, it can be glass or plastic, and put a layer of aluminum foil on the bottom then a piece of paper towel. You then put your prepped vegetable. Then a second layer of paper towel. Make sure the lid well sealled. These veggies will now last a week or 2 in the fridge, staying crisp and fresh. I do this with lettuce, peppers, cucumbers, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, green onions, anything i like in my lunches. In the morning i can make salads for both myself and my husband in under 2 minutes. Life saver!!!

SarahBee_ 09-01-2014 01:33 PM

A disappointing weigh in this morning, only down 2.8. I guess it's expected around this time in, but I was really hoping to be under 300 for September 1. Oh well. Just another day really, we only project significance onto the first day of the month (/week/year).

I find I'm having the opposite problem with this program as I've had on others. During the work week, I find I get very snacky at work and am often hungry by the time I get home. When it comes to the weekend, I really struggle to get all the food in. I'm supposed to be having 4 packets a day, but usually end up having 3 on the weekends. I think it's because I get up a bit later and stay up later, and I tend not to eat anything after 7 or 8 at night. Anyways, I always seem to have disappointing losses over the weekend, so I'm wondering if that's the reason. I'm going to make more of an effort next weekend to eat everything, even if it's just shake type things.

Made a huge slow cooker full of a cabbage roll type thing. Boyfriend's been sniffing around it all day, so I think I'll have to share some for dinner. :P

lisa32989 09-01-2014 01:58 PM

How is 2.8 "disappointing?
it looks like you've lost just over 27 lbs in a month???
Is this right?

That is an average of 6.8 lbs per week! That is fantastic!!!

One of the worst things we can do to set ourselves up for failure is to put time limits on our goals...such as I want to be x weight by x date.

You are so close to that first mini goal right now. Take away the timeline and just look toward the prize. Have you planned what special thing you'll do for yourself when you get there?

My mini goal rewards have been mani/pedis, massages, a wii fit. Some folks think there will be a big food celebration when we get to goal, but you know what? I hear over & over again that maintenance is HARDER than weight loss.

So, instead of feeling disappointed, it is time to celebrate your accomplishment so far and to set your next goal.

Keep it upbeat and positive. That is how we win the battle!

oneuh2 09-01-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahBee_ (Post 5063459)
A disappointing weigh in this morning, only down 2.8. I guess it's expected around this time in, but I was really hoping to be under 300 for September 1. Oh well. Just another day really, we only project significance onto the first day of the month (/week/year).:P

I am with Lisa -- 2.8 is a good week under any circumstances, and your total loss in such a short time is FABULOUS!

Take a look at your progress and put things into a bigger picture perspective - you are doing great SaraBee!!!

I began IP on July 9 and would love to have lost 20 by my birthday which was August 20, and had hoped for a total of 25 by 9/1 (today). I have missed those desired marks by just a smidge, but the fact that I weigh 22 lbs less today than I did 7 weeks ago is an enormous step in the right direction, so I am not letting myself feel down about it.

I set some new, I think 'reachable' mini goals, based on losing an average of 10 lbs per month. Mostly just to give myself some metrics that seem like more chewable bites than my overall goal.

It took me months to get my head together to start this program - and now I am close to a quarter of the way to my goal. Left to my pre-IP devices, I would be up another 5 lbs by now...

Let's pat ourselves on the back anytime we can on this journey!

SarahBee_ 09-01-2014 09:10 PM

Thanks guys. :) Yeah, I have lost a lot in the first month which is I guess why I was a little disappointed with this week's result. My coach was saying I should see 4-5 lbs loss a week for awhile at this high weight, so I was expecting that.

I'll have to think about some rewards and mini-goals. I've never really done that in the past, just kept trucking towards the end game. I honestly find it hard to think of rewards. I get massages regularly that are covered by my benefits, we're going into no sandal weather so I wouldn't bother with a pedicure and I never do manicures (they last less than a day on me). Anything else I tend to just buy/do as needed/wanted. I'm going to have to buy some new clothes for my new job, so that's not really a reward. Same with getting a new haircut. Anyhow, something to think on I guess. :)

danijo8806 09-03-2014 08:58 AM

Week 6 on IP and I've lost 20.4 lb. Still averaging over a 3 lb a week loss. I am hoping this doesn't slow down too much... I'm almost half way to my goal!

canadjineh 09-03-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahBee_ (Post 5063730)
Thanks guys. :) Yeah, I have lost a lot in the first month which is I guess why I was a little disappointed with this week's result. My coach was saying I should see 4-5 lbs loss a week for awhile at this high weight, so I was expecting that.

I'll have to think about some rewards and mini-goals. I've never really done that in the past, just kept trucking towards the end game. I honestly find it hard to think of rewards. I get massages regularly that are covered by my benefits, we're going into no sandal weather so I wouldn't bother with a pedicure and I never do manicures (they last less than a day on me). Anything else I tend to just buy/do as needed/wanted. I'm going to have to buy some new clothes for my new job, so that's not really a reward. Same with getting a new haircut. Anyhow, something to think on I guess. :)

SarahBee, how about a download of a new song/album, or a new book? One perfect flower from the florist? A small amount of money in a special savings jar (I've seen some pretty cute pottery ones) to go towards a fancier piece of jewellery or a stay at a posh hotel somewhere at a larger goal achievement? A nice gift for a shelter (womens' or SPCA or etc...) if you get your kicks via charities?

Liana

oneuh2 09-03-2014 10:18 PM

Liana: great ideas for mini goal rewards!

It's been a long day and I am so sleepy I can barely keep my eyes open. My fitness session last nite produced some sore spots and stiffness today, and then I stayed up too late. Paying for it with the sleepy's all day today!

Tomorrow is my 8th weigh in, on day 56 on IP -- I would love to make it to the -25lb total loss milestone, but any downward movement is good enough to incentivize me to stay with the program and strive for 100 percent each day.

I'll be back Thursday evening to post results - :crossed: - stay tuned July Starters!!