3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP weekend chat Saturday 5/31 - Sunday 6/1/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/296379-ip-weekend-chat-saturday-5-31-sunday-6-1-2014-a.html)

dangeron 05-31-2014 07:08 PM

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I'm home from the shower still OP. It was tougher than I thought. Really easy to start rationalizing: fruit, I mean it's healthy anyway right? That chicken barely has any breading, a piece won't hurt. But I know myself well enough to know that soon I would have talked myself right into a piece of cake, etc.
So, determination and will power have won the day lol

I am encouraged that the fresh fruit was the most tempting thing I had to pass up. Maybe my taste are starting to change. The cookies and brownies didn't tempt me at all.

dangeron 05-31-2014 07:10 PM

Crumbs-I don't have PCOS but I take spirinolactone for my skin. As long as I drink all my water, I'm fine

IP43 05-31-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annik (Post 5014323)
I am just home from 'the Low Carb Cruise' ... So inspirational, informative and fun. I am so glad and grateful to be on this journey!

We would all love to hear more -- it's my dream to go on that cruise with you all when I win the lottery! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrumbsTrueAmazon (Post 5014398)
This may be off topic and I hope I am posting in the right place, but I am curious if there are any others out there who have PCOS and are currently taking the medication, spironolactone while following the IP protocol and using alternatives?

I'd love to hear from anyone with PCOS about their experience with IP. I've read IP is a good match for ladies with PCOS because of our insulin resistance. Anybody?

I do have PCOS and I am going to see if I can find some info as I actually used to have some. There was a thread many moons ago about PCOS.
I don't take meds for it, but IP is the only thing that seems to work for me for getting the weight off. If I can find the thread I'll "bump" it... never did that before so not sure if it will work

CrumbsTrueAmazon 05-31-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangeron (Post 5014500)
Crumbs-I don't have PCOS but I take spirinolactone for my skin. As long as I drink all my water, I'm fine

Thank you for your response. I take it for high blood pressure and PCOS.

CrumbsTrueAmazon 05-31-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5014517)
We would all love to hear more -- it's my dream to go on that cruise with you all when I win the lottery! :)

I do have PCOS and I am going to see if I can find some info as I actually used to have some. There was a thread many moons ago about PCOS.
I don't take meds for it, but IP is the only thing that seems to work for me for getting the weight off. If I can find the thread I'll "bump" it... never did that before so not sure if it will work

Thank you very much for that info. I did see where you bumped the thread, very much appreciated!

Rayze 05-31-2014 09:49 PM

Question about poop. I'm 3.5 weeks in and have no problem with constipation. Until now. It's been 2 days, I don't feel bloated, but still. My handy dandy accerator (coffee and choc shake) have not been working. No changes to my eating or water intake. Thoughts?

Hiker88 05-31-2014 10:37 PM

Rayze More water? Try eating meat with a little higher fat... are you getting your oils? There's always smooth move tea??

ChipnDip 05-31-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayze (Post 5014584)
Question about poop. I'm 3.5 weeks in and have no problem with constipation. Until now. It's been 2 days, I don't feel bloated, but still. My handy dandy accerator (coffee and choc shake) have not been working. No changes to my eating or water intake. Thoughts?

If I miss all my cal mags I might skip a day.

Hiker88 05-31-2014 10:43 PM

My mom swears by enzymes when she goes low carb... keeps her moving!

Rayze 06-01-2014 07:52 AM

Thanks all! I prob have not been using enough oil. I'll add more in, increase my water and have a nice piece of steak tonight. If nothing, than some smooth move tea. Have to get back to normal before weigh in! :)

JLUS 06-01-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayze (Post 5014714)
Thanks all! I prob have not been using enough oil. I'll add more in, increase my water and have a nice piece of steak tonight. If nothing, than some smooth move tea. Have to get back to normal before weigh in! :)

Also try eating some additional lettuce. The roughage really helps!

RosiePosie101 06-01-2014 10:45 AM

So, some friends and I were discussing my success on IP. Someone asked if I had suffered terribly during the first five days due to carb withdrawals and I replied that I'd been really lucky and hadn't really had any symptoms at all. This was the stage when everyone else around the table went quiet. And then they all started laughing. Apparently I was "grumpy and quite mean" during that first week and I almost got unfriended!!! And here was me thinking I was completely under control and on an even keel! Good to know that my wonderful friends stuck by me and were understanding enough to realize that it was just a stage.

Good luck to all those starting out on IP and maybe give your friends and significant others a heads up that you may not be quite yourself over the next few days!

FutureFitChick 06-01-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 5014354)
Not sure I am ready to tuck anything I yet! It's been a loooong time since I did that!

Crossing my fingers that getting into ketosis is easy for you this time. Allergies suck!

Thanks for the commiserating!

ontheshoresarah 06-01-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrumbsTrueAmazon (Post 5014398)
This may be off topic and I hope I am posting in the right place, but I am curious if there are any others out there who have PCOS and are currently taking the medication, spironolactone while following the IP protocol and using alternatives?

I'd love to hear from anyone with PCOS about their experience with IP. I've read IP is a good match for ladies with PCOS because of our insulin resistance. Anybody?

I was taking metformin since November, but stopped when I started IP only because I was anxious about sugar levels dropping. Checking them daily my numbers are awesome.:carrot:

FutureFitChick 06-01-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5014254)
Attitude:
Same with ketosis flu. If I think I'll be miserable, I will.
If I plan for how to make the best of it (extra naps, extra salt)...it'll pass quickly and I'll be good-to-go

Beck Diet Solution weekend tip:
If you’re going to a barbeque or a party this weekend, consider adopting this guideline: Only eat it if it’s on your plate. Grabbing handfuls here and there from big bowls makes it extremely difficult to keep track of how much you’re eating. If you’re deliberate about putting everything on a plate and then (sitting down to) have it, you’ll be much more accountable and aware of everything you eat. It helps!

Thanks, Lisa. I needed that reality check that my attitude is a choice. I have been so bogged down with stress that I wasn't seeing that far anymore.