3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP weekend chat Saturday 5/31 - Sunday 6/1/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/296379-ip-weekend-chat-saturday-5-31-sunday-6-1-2014-a.html)

Slipfree 05-31-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 5014210)
GREAT JOB ChipNDip - you have done well are deserve the rewards!

I think I have to admit that my greatest pleasure in having lost weight is shopping. I can't say it was fun before because I could not find anything to buy! I can look in the mediums for tops now and still 14's on the bottom.

Weighed in for the first time with my new, official, butt-kicking coach (thank you, RuthAnn) and lost 5 pounds! At this point in the game after 10 months, that is enough to send me into heaven...and provide motivation to do a really good job next week, too.

So happy for you! :D I love your determination. Glad the new coach is working.

Renee, glad that maintenance is working for you. When are you done with school?

Dangeron- I often arrive at these type of events with a coffee or tea in hand. I also do not look at the food. What I don't see, I do not miss. Good luck.

KellyC, I am saying some prayers for your family.

Annik 05-31-2014 01:44 PM

I am just home from 'the Low Carb Cruise' ... So inspirational, informative and fun. I am so glad and grateful to be on this journey!

ChipnDip 05-31-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureFitChick (Post 5014245)
I am dreading the next few days as I induce ketosis again. I'm already stressed and have wicked allergy headaches. But, you've all been there and I will get through it.

Food so far has been on plan today. I am using an extra packet, at least for the first few days to adjust. I am also going to focus on my water and tracking my food.

ChipnDip, that is awesome. Be sure to wear that belt on the outside of a top to make yourself smile! :) !!!!

Not sure I am ready to tuck anything I yet! It's been a loooong time since I did that!

Crossing my fingers that getting into ketosis is easy for you this time. Allergies suck!

Hiker88 05-31-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annik (Post 5014323)
I am just home from 'the Low Carb Cruise' ... So inspirational, informative and fun. I am so glad and grateful to be on this journey!

'Low Carb Cruise'? Sounds interesting! Tell us more!!

sweetenuf 05-31-2014 03:07 PM

NSV : I went to the gym today, second time this week. The victory was that I went alone. I do not do anything alone like that, I am one of those people that won't go to movies or out to eat alone. So today walking in there by myself was like jumping over that last hurdle that HAD BEEN HOLDING ME BACK. I feel so relieved.
Since I am halfway to goal I want to start toning my body so one day at a time :)

Rayze 05-31-2014 03:12 PM

Weekends are harder than weekdays for me. I'm confident I will stay OP, there are more thoughts about deprivation. I'm moving forward, attitude is half the battle!

CrumbsTrueAmazon 05-31-2014 03:53 PM

This may be off topic and I hope I am posting in the right place, but I am curious if there are any others out there who have PCOS and are currently taking the medication, spironolactone while following the IP protocol and using alternatives?

I'd love to hear from anyone with PCOS about their experience with IP. I've read IP is a good match for ladies with PCOS because of our insulin resistance. Anybody?

ReenHag 05-31-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 5014316)
Renee, glad that maintenance is working for you. When are you done with school?

Two more weeks. Ugh. They are going to be rough, but I can do this! How about you? Are you finished?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetenuf (Post 5014373)
NSV : I went to the gym today, second time this week. The victory was that I went alone. I do not do anything alone like that, I am one of those people that won't go to movies or out to eat alone. So today walking in there by myself was like jumping over that last hurdle that HAD BEEN HOLDING ME BACK. I feel so relieved.
Since I am halfway to goal I want to start toning my body so one day at a time :)

Excellent! Congrats!

AZLinda 05-31-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5014254)
Attitude:

If I go to a party thinking I'm going to feel deprived. I will feel deprived.

If I go to a party taking what I need with me and focus on the relationships instead of the food, it'll be ALL GOOD.

Same with ketosis flu. If I think I'll be miserable, I will.
If I plan for how to make the best of it (extra naps, extra salt)...it'll pass quickly and I'll be good-to-go

Beck Diet Solution weekend tip:
If you’re going to a barbeque or a party this weekend, consider adopting this guideline: Only eat it if it’s on your plate. Grabbing handfuls here and there from big bowls makes it extremely difficult to keep track of how much you’re eating. If you’re deliberate about putting everything on a plate and then (sitting down to) have it, you’ll be much more accountable and aware of everything you eat. It helps!

I am going to one of my friend's Birthday party celebration next Saturday and this couldn't have come at a better time! Thank you for posting this Lisa! :hug:

Slipfree 05-31-2014 05:46 PM

Renee- School ends June 18th. I started IP Phase 3 today. Will move to Maintenance on June 14th. Perfect timing!

Chip and Dip- congrats on the new belt :yay:

Sweetenuf- proud of you for being so brave.

Annik- welcome back

Pishposh- hope your shopping went well!

Rayze- in IP attitude is everything. Stay strong! It is so worth it.

ReenHag 05-31-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 5014462)
Renee- School ends June 18th. I started IP Phase 3 today. Will move to Maintenance on June 14th. Perfect timing!

Excellent! Good luck with the transition!

Do any of you have a recommendation on where to get a quality attractive swimsuit for a larger busted woman? I need to find a new one and would love any recommendations. Thanks!

canadjineh 05-31-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 5014468)
Do any of you have a recommendation on where to get a quality attractive swimsuit for a larger busted woman? I need to find a new one and would love any recommendations. Thanks!

Bikini, tankini, or 1 pc?

These ones are cute - the costlier ones usually last better and their straps are quality so they won't give out on you. http://www.swimoutlet.com/womens-fas...est&viewall=no

http://www.asos.com/Women/Swimwear/F...?cid=10120&r=2

http://www.barenecessities.com/catal...cABQ&cmp=BPP20

Slipfree 05-31-2014 06:25 PM

Renee, CustomSwimwear.com makes custom swimsuits. Expensive but they take care of the girls and are cute!

ReenHag 05-31-2014 06:27 PM

Thanks, ladies! And I think a tankini is in the cards for me, even with boy shorts or a swim skirt. I am not twenty anymore!

JLUS 05-31-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readytolive (Post 5014289)
Anyone ever had Nashua send them the wrong thing? I ordered the Protidiet Chili Dinner and received Chili-Lime Soy Nuts instead. I was really craving the Chili too! I tried to call them but only received the all customer services representatives are busy and left a message.

I have not had that happen with Nashua, but I HAVE had nothing but excellent customer service from them, so once you connect with them, I know they will take care of you.

Chili is a FAVORITE lunch for me. I don't follow the packet, but amp it up... I put the chili in a micro dish with the max suggested water and micro one min. stir, add a touch more water if thick as well as some Chipotle Tobasco and cook another min. I then sauté zucchini, celery, mushrooms, red/green peppers. I add the chili and add a little WF ketchup (I prefer my chili with a touch of sweetness) along with spices: chili and garlic powder, cumin, cayenne. Cook low for 5 mins or so, checking because it may need a little more water. I top with a few raw onions and it makes a HUGE, filling meal!!