Old 05-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #1  

Default Question about phasing off to Alternate Plan Phase 2 from regular P1?

Hello Everyone,
I am so glad I came across this site and I am in a dilemma.
I have been on this diet for almost 4 months now and I am 6 pounds away from goal and I am losing 1 pound or 0.5 pound per week so I read here in some threads that few of you phased off to Alternative plan P2. I am thinking about that too.

For those you who went to Alternate plan P2 from regular IP P1, did you lose weight with all that food? And I am confused with the protocol as Group 1 says you could take chick peas,corn and green peas but under the Nor permitted section it says all the three mentioned veggies are not allowed?

Now that I am thinking about Alt P2, I was thinking to increase my goal from 6 pounds to 10 pounds. Can I do that?

Please please please advise
behappy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by behappy123 View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am so glad I came across this site and I am in a dilemma.
I have been on this diet for almost 4 months now and I am 6 pounds away from goal and I am losing 1 pound or 0.5 pound per week so I read here in some threads that few of you phased off to Alternative plan P2. I am thinking about that too.

For those you who went to Alternate plan P2 from regular IP P1, did you lose weight with all that food? And I am confused with the protocol as Group 1 says you could take chick peas,corn and green peas but under the Nor permitted section it says all the three mentioned veggies are not allowed?

Now that I am thinking about Alt P2, I was thinking to increase my goal from 6 pounds to 10 pounds. Can I do that?

Please please please advise
I did this because I had a stall with the last 6-10 lbs or so and wasn't feeling very well. My coach & I figured I needed more food, so I went to the Alternate P2 and LOST weight and felt better with the extra food. I even lost in P3 and at the beginning of maintenance.

The Group 1 chick peas/corn/green peas/rice/bread/etc is allowed as a Group 1 choice BUT those veg are NOT Allowed as your 4 cups of select veggies. They are higher in carb and are starchy so they need to be limited and counted as a Group 1 starch 1x/day only. Just remember that you may only choose 1 from each group 1x/day ie: if you choose 2 pc whole grain toast for your Group 1, you cannot choose another Group 1 THAT DAY. The other choices must be a dairy and a fruit.

It gets easier, just make sure that you choose the Group item that you will want the most that day or you could be sorry that you didn't leave it for another meal (especially if you are eating out somewhere).
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:48 PM   #3  

Hey liana... I am joining you in this post as well. I am in the same boat as behappy and today I talked to my coach but my coach wants me to stay on alternate plan p1 rather than phasing off and I don't mind staying in alt p1 as I am getting extra food and foods I particularly like.
hope2781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2781 View Post
Hey liana... I am joining you in this post as well. I am in the same boat as behappy and today I talked to my coach but my coach wants me to stay on alternate plan p1 rather than phasing off and I don't mind staying in alt p1 as I am getting extra food and foods I particularly like.
Definitely yes, you don't need to phase off to do the Alternate plan... that's just what worked for me because I was already so close to goal, I wasn't too worried about it. Do what is best for you, and let us know how you like the Alternate P1...

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote