3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 part 4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295842-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-part-4-a.html)

kkids 07-12-2014 12:30 PM

Tomorrow (July 13) is the last day to get the 10% off Proti bars at Nashua. PDBAR10 I went back to P1 last weekend & decided to use alternatives this time. I've used ProtiDiet Bacon/Cheese Egg, ProtiDiet BBQ Crisps, and ProtiDiet Greek Yogurt Delight..all were good & using these while following the protocol for P1 helped me with a successful 1st week back. Not much to lose, but I'm trying to catch it before it gets out of hand.

Taye168 07-12-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CO_6 (Post 5026628)

i am using only products i can find in a market. I use Jay Robb whey and Whole Foods Whey for my "IP Protein" and sometimes supplement with eggs if im tired of the shakes. Then I just use meat and veggies from the market. It works pretty well and is relatively inexpensive.
I too worry about ingredients i cant pronounce and additives. Especially a concern if you are breastfeeding, I would imagine.
It may be a little boring, but phase 1 is not forever and you seem to be losing rapidly.

I am interested in only using whole foods from the grocery store.
Since I mainly use shakes....does the whole foods whey taste as good and work as well as the IP shakes and puddings?

Wahoofan 07-12-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taye168 (Post 5039841)
I am interested in only using whole foods from the grocery store.
Since I mainly use shakes....does the whole foods whey taste as good and work as well as the IP shakes and puddings?

The Whole Foods 365 brand shake powders are very good if you like powders. I quickly decided I liked RTD's better, so I didn't keep buying them. If I remember correctly, the chocolate had 9 carbs per serving though.

JLUS 07-16-2014 09:04 AM

FREE SHIPPING on NASHUA NUTRITION -- TODAY ONLY!!

On orders of $49 or more. Use code TODAY49 (capital letters) when checking out.

lgerl 07-16-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 5041511)
On orders of $49 or more. Use code TODAY49 (capital letters) when checking out.

Thanks for the reminder! I had gotten this in my email since I signed up on the site, and will use it for my first order. :D

bluegingham 07-19-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 5016412)
accountability to yourself since no more clinic visits.

My hubbie has become my new "coach". I still have a weekly weigh-in and measuring session, but it is with him instead of going to a clinic. It has been working out really well, he has been very supportive :hug:

catlady1981 07-19-2014 08:01 PM

Vitamin/Supplement questions

I read through all the vitamin threads and the alternate threads and Plain Protein.com for supplements was recommended. I bought the Potassium and the Cal/Mag but the formulations are NOT the same as the IP supplements.Those are older threads so they may have been the same at one time but not any more. I ordered from them but once I got the bottles I really don't want them. I'm going to see if I can return them. I should have paid closer attention to the formulation before I ordered them.

IP has citrate which I understand is easier to digest for us.The Potassium is bicarbonate instead of citrate and the Cal/Mag are both malate instead of citrate.I just don't know enough about this to know if these are ok to take or not. I found Solaray Cal/Mag at the Vitamin Shoppe as well as Vitamin Shoppe brand Potassium that are citrates, so I'm taking those now. I'm also using Nordic Ultimate Omega 3's and Centrum 50+ Daily.

Could any of you vets chime in on this?

Edit: I contacted Plain Protein.com and they said I can send them back! Yay!

catlady1981 07-21-2014 01:16 PM

Health Smart Bars 10% off at Nashua this week

Code HSBAR10. This week only.

jemma51 07-23-2014 10:12 AM

A couple weeks ago I bought some WF mayo. It sat in my fridge because I was afraid I wouldn't like it. Well last night I tried it. Kinda made a chicken salad for dinner. Chicken, cucmber, green onion and wf mayo with some pepper. I was surprised that I actually like it. I really happy I found WF products that I like it makes this journey much easier.

Johnsdeere 07-23-2014 11:54 AM

I'm glad you are enjoying it jemma. I made a low carb coleslaw with it and it was horrible. I threw the whole salad out. :(Thus far the only WF products I like is the Asian dressing, Italian dressing, marinara sauce, and the thousand island dressing. I guess it's something though, right?

kissi 07-23-2014 12:15 PM

I love, love, LOVE the Asian dressing. I like the Creamy Bacon as well. I haven't tried the Marinara Sauce but wanted to make some cauliflower breadsticks so maybe I will pick up some of that. I like the Russian dressing more than the Thousand Island. The WF BBQ sauces are very good.

ChipnDip 07-23-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnsdeere (Post 5045228)
I'm glad you are enjoying it jemma. I made a low carb coleslaw with it and it was horrible. I threw the whole salad out. :(Thus far the only WF products I like is the Asian dressing, Italian dressing, marinara sauce, and the thousand island dressing. I guess it's something though, right?

I do my coleslaw with WF mayo and yellow mustard, olive oil and white vinegar. Celery seed, black pepper and IP salt. Even my kids like it. The mayo gives it a bit of creaminess and the mustard mellows the flavour. I sometimes add stevia.

jemma51 07-23-2014 12:56 PM

I want to try some of the other dressing but, they are expensive. I can't remember if it was blue cheese, ranch or ceasar that I tried first but, I gagged. It tasted like rocket fuel ( not that I've tasted rocket fuel) Lol but, thats the only way to describe it. I really like the thousand island.

jemma51 07-23-2014 01:00 PM

I saw a recipe on Pinterest that I'd like to tweak a bit to fit IP. It was a stir fry with cabbage, ground pork, ginger, and soy sauce. I will sub the ground pork for ground turkey and low sodium soy sauce. It sounds so yummy to me. I wouldn't imagine it would take too much soy sauce. It called for half a cup but, that sounds like over kill to me.

kissi 07-23-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jemma51 (Post 5045264)
I want to try some of the other dressing but, they are expensive. I can't remember if it was blue cheese, ranch or ceasar that I tried first but, I gagged. It tasted like rocket fuel ( not that I've tasted rocket fuel) Lol but, thats the only way to describe it. I really like the thousand island.

I can't do the ranch or a lot of their 'creamy' ones. The Bacon Ranch is palatable but it's nothing to right home about. Ranch is HORRIBLE!!!