3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 part 4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295842-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-part-4-a.html)

catlady1981 07-23-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 5045250)
I do my coleslaw with WF mayo and yellow mustard, olive oil and white vinegar. Celery seed, black pepper and IP salt. Even my kids like it. The mayo gives it a bit of creaminess and the mustard mellows the flavour. I sometimes add stevia.

What do you put in your coleslaw besides cabbage?

IdealProteinNewbie 07-23-2014 08:17 PM

WF products have a money back guarantee. If you try it and don't like it, call customer service. They will give you an address, you write a short letter and they will send you a refund check.

I called, out of curiosity, after seeing that on the label. I explained that I loved their caramel syrup, bbq sauce, and a few others, but was very disappointed in several of their products and got my money back!

ChipnDip 07-23-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 5045284)
What do you put in your coleslaw besides cabbage?

I just like cabbage and green onion. I usually buy the bagged stuff and pick out the carrots so there is green and purple cabbage.

jemma51 07-23-2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 5045437)
WF products have a money back guarantee. If you try it and don't like it, call customer service. They will give you an address, you write a short letter and they will send you a refund check.

I called, out of curiosity, after seeing that on the label. I explained that I loved their caramel syrup, bbq sauce, and a few others, but was very disappointed in several of their products and got my money back!

Good to know. Maybe I'll try some other dressings.

karkrazy13 07-25-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPhillips (Post 5035996)
I tried the Quest bars this week from GNC and now the are fantastic. I truly love the the white chocolate and raspberry!:dancer:

I LOVE Quest bars! My favs are still Coconut Cashew, Cinnamon Roll, and Strawberry Cheesecake. :) I tried the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and the Cookies & Cream, but I didn't really like them. Ended up selling them on eBay. ;)

karkrazy13 07-25-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jemma51 (Post 5045268)
I saw a recipe on Pinterest that I'd like to tweak a bit to fit IP. It was a stir fry with cabbage, ground pork, ginger, and soy sauce. I will sub the ground pork for ground turkey and low sodium soy sauce. It sounds so yummy to me. I wouldn't imagine it would take too much soy sauce. It called for half a cup but, that sounds like over kill to me.

Just make your own dressing :) Here is my "recipe":

2 TSP EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
2 TBSP ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)
Sea Salt
Pepper
Mrs. Dash Salt-free Original Seasoning OR any herbs you like! :)

Simple, healthy, and cheaper than WF or store dressings!

jemma51 07-25-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karkrazy13 (Post 5046169)
Just make your own dressing :) Here is my "recipe":

2 TSP EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
2 TBSP ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)
Sea Salt
Pepper
Mrs. Dash Salt-free Original Seasoning OR any herbs you like! :)

Simple, healthy, and cheaper than WF or store dressings!

I've been making that same dressing minus the Mrs. Dash everyday since starting IP. I love it. Sometimes I put a packet of Stevia in it for a sweet dressing.

Taye168 07-25-2014 04:17 PM

Just ordered proti thin vanilla wafers from Nashua nutrition. They look like the same as IP wafers but half the price. :)

JLUS 07-27-2014 08:10 PM

Bump!

ChipnDip 07-27-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taye168 (Post 5046413)
Just ordered proti thin vanilla wafers from Nashua nutrition. They look like the same as IP wafers but half the price. :)

I hope for you that they are. I bought proti diet wafers and hate them! Different texture and mouth feel. Vanilla has no flavour. I now freeze them as it is the only way I can eat them and I bout two boxes.

CO_6 07-28-2014 04:11 PM

I am in middle of month 5 on alts. I find myself hungrier than ever and need to find a good snack. I have been relying too heavily on Quest bars I feel. Any favorites that you can make or pick up at the store (not ordering online)? :)

evemomma 07-28-2014 05:31 PM

For those doing Quest Bars, make sure they meet the IP dietary guidelines. Some of them do and some of them have too high of a fat to calorie ratio. I LOVE the choc chip cookie one but it is borderline to too high in fat, so I use it as a super restricted and my "weigh in day" treat after my appointment.

I believe the coconut cashew and white choc raspberry are also too high (doing this from memory though). I use the brownie one, double chocolate, cookies n cream, cinnamon roll, strawberry cheesecake, chocolate peanut butter. The apple pie one also meet requirements but isn't my fav so I don't waste a restricted on that one. I put a little WF chocolate sauce on a heated strawberry cheesecake bar today and had a VERY nice treat!

ommamma 07-28-2014 05:56 PM

Hello everyone. Today is day 7 for me. I have been reading these threads through out the week. Thank you all for the valuable info. I placed an order today for 4 sample boxes. Today, I made my own pancakes for lunch. I used 1/2 a scoop of my GNC chocolate protein powder and 1/2 a scoop of GNC vanilla protein and 1 egg. I thinned it out with a bit of water so it resembled a pancake batter consistency and cooked them in a hot fry pan with a spray of olive oil.
It made 1/2 C of batter so I made 4 pancakes each using 1/8C of batter. I could only have 3 (drats, they were that good) in order to stay within the guidelines of the chart Lisa posted. Yummy. Didn't miss the syrup. Have not had any package pancakes so can't make any comparisons.
I think I have figured out the oatmeal (restricted) but haven't tried it yet. Will let you know.

JLUS 07-28-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ommamma (Post 5047761)
Hello everyone. Today is day 7 for me. I have been reading these threads through out the week. Thank you all for the valuable info. I placed an order today for 4 sample boxes. Today, I made my own pancakes for lunch. I used 1/2 a scoop of my GNC chocolate protein powder and 1/2 a scoop of GNC vanilla protein and 1 egg. I thinned it out with a bit of water so it resembled a pancake batter consistency and cooked them in a hot fry pan with a spray of olive oil.
It made 1/2 C of batter so I made 4 pancakes each using 1/8C of batter. I could only have 3 (drats, they were that good) in order to stay within the guidelines of the chart Lisa posted. Yummy. Didn't miss the syrup. Have not had any package pancakes so can't make any comparisons.
I think I have figured out the oatmeal (restricted) but haven't tried it yet. Will let you know.

Another alternative pancake option...

Look for Maple Grove Farms SUGAR FREE pancake/waffle mix found in the grocery store. Near Bob's Red Mill and gluten free products. $3.99 a box... Just use 1/3 cup mix with water to get batter consistency. No need to add egg or oil! Serve with Walden Farms maple or blueberry syrup.

For oatmeal, consider the UN restricted ProtiDiet oatmeal (I get mine from Nashua Nutrition in the giant container). Sometimes I do half oatmeal and half pancake mix (above) to make pancakes.

ommamma 07-28-2014 08:15 PM

Thanks for the info. I haven't any packaged mixes at all so trying to make do with what I have in the house until they arrive. ;)
Like the idea of mixing the pancake mix and the oatmeal!