3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   MAY 2014 starters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295296-may-2014-starters.html)

Mae5 06-24-2014 05:42 PM

Had 7 week WI last week and dropped another 2.9 lbs. not as great as the wk prior with 5.8 but I try to think of the total ! 25 pounds down and will WI again friday. One if my favorite quick veggies is endives. 2 cups sliced with salt a tsp of olive oil and cider vinegar! Delish! If you haven t had endive before they are a tad bitter. I myself love them.

HeatherFeather54 06-24-2014 07:48 PM

Congrats! I also had a 3 lb weight loss this last week. 25 in 6 weeks ain't bad! I just wish every week was at least 6 lbs.

glamzdiva 06-26-2014 01:14 AM

yay

Just had my weigh in, started May 29, week 1 -6.2lbs, week 2 +0.8 week 3,-3.3, week 4 -3.4:carrot::carrot:
Has any one had a problem with palpitations or increased heart rate on IP?

Peppertree 06-26-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glamzdiva (Post 5030440)
Just had my weigh in, started May 29, week 1 -6.2lbs, week 2 +0.8 week 3,-3.3, week 4 -3.4:carrot::carrot:
Has any one had a problem with palpitations or increased heart rate on IP?

I have a heart condition for which I take medication to keep my heart rate steady, so I haven't experienced the increased heart rate. However, I do experience the palpitations - in my case they are PVCs (premature ventricular contractions). My cardiologist told me that since they are often caused by hormones you can experience them more when losing weight (when your hormones are in flux), just as I feel them more during TOM. She's told me many times to try to ignore them (Ha!).

I'd suggest talking to your doctor about it. You might end up wearing a heart monitor for a few days but when you get the results you might be more relaxed knowing it is all normal. Your family doctor can probably do this, you don't necessarily need to see a cardiologist.

Another cause of palpitations is also thyroid problems, so that might be something to look into as well.

I hope it all turns it out well for you. I understand how scary it can be.

Rayze 06-26-2014 02:25 PM

7 week weigh in - down 5.8 lbs - total 35.6 lbs and 18 inches. Feeling strong and determined as I enter a week of vacation and TOM. Go May starters!!

Mae5 06-28-2014 08:24 AM

Congrats on all your losses!! WI week 8 -2.1 ;). 27.1 total. Hoping for a big loss next week. Seems to be a pattern for me...2 weeks lower loss one week big. Just how my body works I guess.

dnthomas83 06-30-2014 12:24 PM

I am just devastated! I only lost 0.6lbs...no cheats at all! I just got over the TOM so I was really expecting a good loss - at least 2 lbs but I didn't even make a 1 lb loss...I am so close to goal and I am feeling like I am not going to get there...It is getting really hard for me, esp. since i have my husband saying "you look amazing! Phase off" (great I know, but I really want to reach the number I had set)...mentally I feel like I have jumped over the cliff... really bummed!

mmjenny 06-30-2014 02:03 PM

I had gained a pound last week and was also frustrated. I think that it is often fluid and I had drank a lot of liquid before I weighed in so I decided to just ignore that and keep following the plan because I know I am going to see it in other ways, even if it is not on the scale.

HeatherFeather54 06-30-2014 07:09 PM

Dnthomas no worries...I had that twice in s row with no cheats I was very fustrsted...just keep swimming!

I had my tom start stop and start again the following week. Anyone else experience this? My coach says it is normal

Rruthlyn 06-30-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnthomas83 (Post 5032722)
I am just devastated! I only lost 0.6lbs...no cheats at all! I just got over the TOM so I was really expecting a good loss - at least 2 lbs but I didn't even make a 1 lb loss...I am so close to goal and I am feeling like I am not going to get there...It is getting really hard for me, esp. since i have my husband saying "you look amazing! Phase off" (great I know, but I really want to reach the number I had set)...mentally I feel like I have jumped over the cliff... really bummed!

We are in the same boat. I lost 0.8 pounds at weigh in. Don't be discouraged. I had no cheats and the scale barely moved. I lost 2 inches off my chest. If we stuck with it, we will be at goal within the next 6 weeks. (Losing approx 1 pound a week) the last few are the hardest! Keep going!

Ruth Ann 07-01-2014 07:24 AM

Hey guys, don't let the slow weeks bum you out! Especially the closer you get to goal. Just before I phased off I went 3 weeks pretty much exactly the same and then boom! down another 4 or 5 pounds. Then I'd stay the same for a bit and down again. Funny though, those slow weeks were when I was having the most inches lost - I flew through pant sizes towards the end, think I actually skipped size 8 and went straight to 6s.

12Anniepoo 07-01-2014 10:54 AM

Good morning, fellow May starters! Happy July! Today marks exactly 2 months since I've been on Ideal Protein. Heading off to go kayaking with my hubby and kids this morning. Just tried on the swimsuit that i bought for my vacation last month and guess what! It's too big! I'm covering it with shorts and a tank and calling it good, but it's still pretty darn exciting.

Whenever you started in May (for me it was May 1) you are well into your second month. We are DOING THIS, people! So crazy-awesome. Have I mentioned today how much I love IP? It works!

ksdunham 07-01-2014 11:25 AM

last week (wi 6) i gained 3, and this week stayed the same---no cheating,drinking plenty of water, cloths fit that didn't before----trying not to focus too much on the scale, but it is frustrating to be following the plan and not lose anything.....my home scale has me as loosing 4lbs.... the cloths fitting mean a lot though. i think i lost a bit where they don't measure ( my thighs). not looking forward to this weekend and no vodka/tonic and lime.

Rruthlyn 07-04-2014 06:45 AM

I started on May 8th at 154. 8 weeks later 100% OP I weighed in yesterday at 135.5. No cheats. None. This plan works! Keep pushing! 19 pounds gone and it feels great!

Mae5 07-05-2014 12:21 PM

Week 9 WI -4.3!! Was hoping for 5 but still pleased. I too had a few weeks when i was losing 1 or less then 1 pound and yes it gets frustrating because we are making such an effort and not cheating etc. I can just be happy I make an overall progress as the weeks go by. Down 31.4 and have a long way to go but I know that I never want to go back to that +31.4 pounds again.
Keep chugging along. I was going to reward myself at the 25 lb mark now I have decided to save it for my 50 pound mark... 18.6 pounds to go!!! I prefer to take it in small chunks rather than the big total... That makes me overwhelmed.
We are making this happen ounce by ounce!!