3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   MAY 2014 starters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295296-may-2014-starters.html)

Ruth Ann 06-11-2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sillysilv33 (Post 5021442)
I started on May 28, what can I do about being light headed and dizzy?

Make sure you are getting all your salt in. Lick some off your hand and follow up with a glass of water. Worked great for me. Most people who get that light headed, dizzy feeling need more salt.

Mae5 06-15-2014 11:03 AM

WI last friday lost 5.8 week 6!
Thrilled. I was getting discouraged but that weigh in gave me the extra push to keep on going.

Kellyc14 06-15-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mae5 (Post 5024118)
Thrilled. I was getting discouraged but that weigh in gave me the extra push to keep on going.

:carrot::carrot: Excellent!!!!!!

Rayze 06-15-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mae5 (Post 5024118)

Awesome! ;) Nice reminder to us all that it will come off!

RenK 06-15-2014 10:00 PM

Down 32 lbs since May 9th, woohoo!

IP43 06-15-2014 10:33 PM

Wow RenK that's amazing! I have had some struggles staying OP 100% and so am losing a lot slower. Still happy with my losses, but stories like you inspire me to dig a bit deeper and add a few more "%" to get closer to 100 ;)

... I'm gonna go right now and restock those vitamins and refill the water bottle for tomorrow. The vitamins and water is something I struggle to get all in all the time so I'll make getting all my water in my goal this week. "Let there be pee!" (it's not a very glamorous "battle cry" but I gotta start somewhere!)
Congrats again on your great losses.

fff13 06-16-2014 12:59 AM

I started May 30th. I was able to stay on no problems the first week. Cheated with some chips on the second week and i felt horrible for two days afterwards, feeling very hungry. Coach said I left ketosis and was reentering.
Lost 11 lbs the first week, then with the cheating I was down another 6 the second week. Im back at 100% and hoping for a better third week.

canadjineh 06-16-2014 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fff13 (Post 5024422)
I started May 30th. I was able to stay on no problems the first week. Cheated with some chips on the second week and i felt horrible for two days afterwards, feeling very hungry. Coach said I left ketosis and was reentering.
Lost 11 lbs the first week, then with the cheating I was down another 6 the second week. Im back at 100% and hoping for a better third week.

Good going to get back on plan... best idea is to make a contract with yourself that you are going to stay 100% (write it out, sign it & post it on your fridge if you need to). You already know how a little cheat screws you up & makes you feel like crap. Why plan to do that to yourself? The firmer you stay, the quicker you get to maintenance goal!
:cb::cb::cb: YEAH! You can do this!

Liana

FinallyFree 06-16-2014 01:44 AM

Hi Ladies,
I've just started Medifast, could anyone tell me why you went to IP instead of medifast. I'm wanting to give Medifast a real try but will be ready to switch when I run out of it for a change,

Thanks

HeatherFeather54 06-16-2014 06:14 AM

Awesome. news RenK! Keep up the great work. I started incorporating walking, kayaking and biking in my routine ( which is hard with mandatory OT fight now). K am hoping it will help me w a good WI this week.

Nicole12 06-17-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinallyThin (Post 5024434)
Hi Ladies,
I've just started Medifast, could anyone tell me why you went to IP instead of medifast. I'm wanting to give Medifast a real try but will be ready to switch when I run out of it for a change,

Thanks

Hi Finally Thin-
I chose Ideal Protein because a fmaily member reached his goal on the program and I knew what the program was so I never looked at Medifast or any other program due to the visiable success I had whitnessed.

Im sure there are many successful Medifast people as well, I just dont happen to know anyone that has opened up to me about their weighloss journeys.

HeatherFeather54 06-17-2014 06:37 PM

After a very disappointing WI on Monday I decided to remove the restricted item from my daily intake as I think that is why I only lost point 7 of a point this week. I guess it is a restart and maybe my body only allows me to have 25 grams of carbs a day. Also eliminating zuchini from my vegetable list since it seems those have a lot of carbs in it.
Very frustrating ....I have even started to do walking and biking last week. Guess I will stick to my kayaking to burn calories. And yes when I exercise I do take an extra packet.

dnthomas83 06-18-2014 12:01 AM

2.8 lbs down! plus non victory stcale!!

another 2.8 lbs lighter! I am so glad because we had a family vacation, where everyone, was eating so much food and not once did I cheat!! NO ONE BITE! It took all my will power but I didn't. I was so excited...My SIL law even said on about the cake, "But see the actual strawberries?!! It is sooo good." Nope, this girl stood her ground!

Since I started out on the smaller size, I know that 4lbs loss is a big stretch, even 3 lbs so I am excited! For me that victory was the icing on the cake of my weight loss...had to share!!

Rruthlyn 06-18-2014 02:31 PM

I am sooooooo excited! I started on 5/8/14 at 154. For the last 2 weeks we have been on vacation in California (Disney, Sea World, etc). Weighed in today and I have lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks. I am sooo surprised! I am on plan with no cheats! None! Keep going y'all -- this works!!

tyranny 06-18-2014 03:39 PM

6 week mark - nearly 21 lbs gone for me & 25+ for my husband. Amazing.