Old 04-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: pre IP 173/IP 166/150/145

Height: 5'6"

Default P2 lunch proteins

Hi all

I am anticipating the next phase (although I still have a little while to go but I like to be prepared!) in this journey and am looking for some easy suggestions for P2 lunch proteins.

Before starting IP, I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian. I have started to eat some meat (mostly chicken, ground beef, pork tenderloin) with IP but it is not my favourite thing and I would prefer not to eat another chicken breast (or whatever) at lunch.

I am thinking things like hardboiled eggs, tofu and tuna will be good but would love to hear what other people have been doing for P2 lunches. You are all such a creative group of people, your ideas always amaze!
Pukka8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukka8 View Post
Hi all

I am anticipating the next phase (although I still have a little while to go but I like to be prepared!) in this journey and am looking for some easy suggestions for P2 lunch proteins.

Before starting IP, I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian. I have started to eat some meat (mostly chicken, ground beef, pork tenderloin) with IP but it is not my favourite thing and I would prefer not to eat another chicken breast (or whatever) at lunch.

I am thinking things like hardboiled eggs, tofu and tuna will be good but would love to hear what other people have been doing for P2 lunches. You are all such a creative group of people, your ideas always amaze!
The tofu, tuna and HB eggs are all great for variety...I try to have a smaller portion of main dinner protein from the previous day a few times a week and plan for a 1/2 serving leftover for my lunch. When all else fails.....4-6 large frozen shrimp (costco fully cooked) It is a really easy go to...and not that expensive. These are all high quality protein sources....and your new body is so worth it!!! My 2 cents is to avoid cured meat products like sausage patties, bacon, ham and lunch meats...the quality is not the same oz per oz...and the salt and fat is a factor. Not to mention the curing process itself...the preservatives are known to be carcinogenic.

Last edited by 65X65; 04-06-2014 at 11:21 AM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:56 AM   #3  

I just started P3 this weekend, and I was amazed how much protein that is for both lunch and dinner (in P1 I did 2oz and 6 oz split). I find nicely seasoned boneless skinless thighs (not breasts) I make in batches are much more tender and good in my lunch salad. I use lots of lettuce and my Walden Farms bacon or bleu cheese dressing, and I throw a few Veggie Shreds in there. Tuna or shrimp are good also. I know you said you are not that much of a meat/chicken fan, but I love leftover filet from dinner into a steak salad also. I always do my salad at lunch and make dinner more of a traditional protein meal with hot food.

It is amazing how full you feel on P2!
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:07 AM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I just did my 1st two days of P2 over the weekend. I was fine the 1st day (did grilled chicken breast both days) but the 2nd day I was super hungry by about 2:30 or so and ate my snack which I usually have after dinner. Just my body adjusting I'm sure.

So I have turkey, roast beast and ham for my lunches this week and am armed with teas, pickles, lettuce and hard boiled eggs, just in case.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Really hungrier by dinner if I skimp at lunch.

Your decisions or health needs (gluten free poses challenges in adding food at breakfast) will also determine how much protein you may need at lunch...since I don't do breads or traditional breakfast carbs, I find I need a little more protein to stave off hunger. My body is used to no carb from that category in the AM after 8 years of being GF, so in spite of the fact mornings are usually OK... afternoons I can find I wish I'd allocated more protein at lunch! If you have noticed you have a gluten sensitivity since IP...you will need to figure that out. Also, I do not do fruit and cottage cheese every day, but more like a few times a week. Fruit and dairy do not make me full and I am actually hungrier when I add that to the start of my day.

Last edited by 65X65; 04-07-2014 at 08:44 AM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote