Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #16  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Susie: ugh! Welcome to my world. An unfortunate world I don't want to invite anyone into. I completely understand the bouncing up/down. I plateaued but this is NOT my body telling me where it should be. I'm still overweight!

I'm actually doing some gut health corrections, which includes removing all added splenda (no Mio or WF or other added sweet, except for liquid stevia or xylitol). After that, if I'm still stuck, we're going to do adrenal testing to check for adrenal fatigue, cortisol levels, more thyroid tests, etc. There is certainly something blocking my ability to lose more weight and I plan on getting to the bottom of it.

You & I are the same height, have the same goal, but are very different ages.

May I suggest giving it a couple of more weeks?

From watching some of our maintainers lose those last few lbs, it sometimes took a LONG time (months, instead of weeks). I've seen people bounce up/down and then suddenly get another whoosh. And I'd suggest removal of all extra sources of sucralose, including WF, Mio, Torani, etc . As I use up my packets, etc, I'll be replacing with stevia-sweetened protein such as Syntrax Nectar Naturals. Be sure to mix-up your food. Change-up your menus and protein sources.

And if a couple more weeks don't give you any more downward movement on the scale, you may want to read Lyle McDonald's book, Rapid Fatloss Handbook (available PDF online). It was after reading that when I decided to take a Phase 1 break, cycling through p2 ,3 and back to 1. That resulted in another loss but not the ongoing WL I needed to get to goal.

Hang in there! I'm still searching for an answer to my plateau. You'll get to the bottom of yours.
Thanks. Lisa. I have been using Mio a few times a week to try to help make sure I'm getting in my water. Going to stop that! I usually have some sort of beef or chicken as my protein one day one, the next day the other.

Let me know how all your tests go! I will keep my fingers crossed that you get some answers!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny View Post
Good morning! Yesterday I saw the woman who first informed me about Ideal Protein. She is looking even more amazing. So inspirational. This morning I got up with new commitment and vigor to stay on plan.

If she can do it, then why can't I, right? And seeing how wonderful and happy she looks makes me realize that it really is worth pushing through the tough spots.
You can do it! You started at the same point I started IP and you are going where I am at. It is doable!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday! My clinic (in northern VA) is closed due to the snow. I'm actually disappointed that I don't have a WI today. On the positive side, I can postpone shoveling until this afternoon
Old 03-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

schenectady- congratulations!!!! Here's your dancing carrot

smallerin2014- aw, disappointing, but I bet next week's WI will be REALLY great!
Old 03-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #20  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning all I love this website and have realized this is one of the places I depend on Positive feedback and support.
I have been working out steadily at my Gold's gym in town and had my measurements done a couple weeks ago and this is something that I recommend for all people that are doing IP. The measurements are the great thing that we forget about.
I have lost 2 inches in my neck, 4 inches in my waist, 7.5 inches on my hips, 3 inches in my Bicep, and 1 inch in my thigh. This was the push that I needed to say to myself this is working and giving up food that was not helping me is a good thing.
I was then asked to do a commercial for the gym about their personal training and in the past I've had 3 personal trainers through them and if I would've started IP and ate this way and did my personal training wow where I would be. I love where I am right now I have so much self esteem and feel like a different person.
However my conversations with my mother are so frustrating and I want to tell her that I can't talk to her anymore due to her being negative and not supporting me.
Yesterday I told her that I had jogged 1.5 miles, walked for 7 minutes and jogged 1.5 miles again. I am competing in a 10k in May and am well on my way to accomplishing this goal I've set for myself. My mother says TONI you have got to quit you will be nothing. I told her I still way 204 and I have a long way to go in my weight loss battle. She said you look like you weigh 150, I told her I don't. I get so upset after talking with her and she always says we need to be supportive of my sister who had Gastric Sleeve done, How about being supportive of me. I'm trying really hard not to be hurt but in a way it's like she is trying to keep me from achieving my weightloss goal.
Thanks for listening to me and being there for me. I have come so far in my weightloss journey and I attribute that to all of you on this website. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #21  
IP Start 10/02/2014

S/C/G: 167 / 154 /135

Height: 5"6

Week 3 weigh in tomorrow!!! Really hope to see 2lbs or more... Thanks to everyone for your help and support in this forum.

Victoria xo
Old 03-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny View Post
Good morning! Yesterday I saw the woman who first informed me about Ideal Protein. She is looking even more amazing. So inspirational. This morning I got up with new commitment and vigor to stay on plan.

If she can do it, then why can't I, right? And seeing how wonderful and happy she looks makes me realize that it really is worth pushing through the tough spots.
Trinny you and I started at about the same stats and I am here to say that its worth pushing through. You are going to feel great once you reach goal!
Old 03-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #23  
IP Start 10/02/2014

S/C/G: 167 / 154 /135

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
Good Morning all I love this website and have realized this is one of the places I depend on Positive feedback and support.
I have been working out steadily at my Gold's gym in town and had my measurements done a couple weeks ago and this is something that I recommend for all people that are doing IP. The measurements are the great thing that we forget about.
I have lost 2 inches in my neck, 4 inches in my waist, 7.5 inches on my hips, 3 inches in my Bicep, and 1 inch in my thigh. This was the push that I needed to say to myself this is working and giving up food that was not helping me is a good thing.
I was then asked to do a commercial for the gym about their personal training and in the past I've had 3 personal trainers through them and if I would've started IP and ate this way and did my personal training wow where I would be. I love where I am right now I have so much self esteem and feel like a different person.
However my conversations with my mother are so frustrating and I want to tell her that I can't talk to her anymore due to her being negative and not supporting me.
Yesterday I told her that I had jogged 1.5 miles, walked for 7 minutes and jogged 1.5 miles again. I am competing in a 10k in May and am well on my way to accomplishing this goal I've set for myself. My mother says TONI you have got to quit you will be nothing. I told her I still way 204 and I have a long way to go in my weight loss battle. She said you look like you weigh 150, I told her I don't. I get so upset after talking with her and she always says we need to be supportive of my sister who had Gastric Sleeve done, How about being supportive of me. I'm trying really hard not to be hurt but in a way it's like she is trying to keep me from achieving my weightloss goal.
Thanks for listening to me and being there for me. I have come so far in my weightloss journey and I attribute that to all of you on this website. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Finale you are doing so well!! Keep going - we are all supporting you and cant wait to watch your journey! xo
Old 03-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

Hi Finale, Congrats on the running! That is great! I started running last spring, but could not make much progress (probably because of my weight...).

Dealing with unsupportive people must be tough, but you need to stay strong. Speak about your progress to people you know will truly be happy for you...

Loosing weight on a diet is a big-deal and you should be very proud!
Old 03-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

http://cathe.com/5-factors-that-incr...er-weight-loss
Old 03-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #26  

Was wondering if anyone who orders from Nashua could look this over as I am trying to go alternatives now on IP. I am planning on ordering the following.
proti-thin snack chili and lime soy
proti-thin zippers (BBQ and SC and herbs)
proti-diet cereal honey nut soy
proti-diet white cheddar crisps

My understanding is that all are unrestricted with the exception of the proti-thin zippers. Anyone done the oatmeal? Any other suggestions? I would like to get over $100.00 for free shipping so ideas are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I do not know how to dancing carrots or any of that fun stuff on here...fairy dust....

but for those who have been supporting me in the ups and downs since August.....

ONEDERLAND, ONEDERLAND, ONEDERLAND, ONEDERLAND, ONDERLAND!!

Can't tell I am excited, can you? I am now at 97 lost since the height, 71 on Ideal Protein, and in Onderland for the first time since I was dating my husband.

My body decided to be mean and I sat at 200.00 for over 6 days, having played at 200-201 for two weeks. So I earned this sweet baby because I was 100% OP AND PATIENT (see, Lisa, I have learned from you).
Old 03-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #28  
Siestalady

S/C/G: 204/154/145

Height: 5ft

Default First post

Hello,
I am very excited about this group and the support opportunities. Have been IP for 4 months and have lost 50 lbs. still going but now I have rediscovered the gym and enjoying working out again. But the flab? Omg! Need to get rid of it. Only downside to rapid weight loss.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:53 AM   #29  

eandc2006 I answered your cross post on the alt thread
Old 03-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #30  
Siestalady

S/C/G: 204/154/145

Height: 5ft

Default Hair loss

Having hair loss issues on IP and told you shouldn't stay on longer than 20 weeks. Anyone else with similar issue?
Closed Thread