Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 11:25 PM   #46  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Traveling through Arizona, doing LOTS of walking on the college campus today, and drinking lots of water. However, I'm finding it REALLY hard to get enough veggies in during the day. I had a salad at lunch today with my IP bar...but there weren't very many vegetables I could add to it. Then at dinner tonight, I got some steamed veggies, but I know it wasn't 2 cups worth, let alone 4. I am going to have to get more creative. Two more days down here. I'll have to hit a grocery store tomorrow and get some things. How do you do it traveling? I'm getting the IP foods in. I think I'm hitting my protein. It's the veggies!
Old 02-17-2014, 11:30 PM   #47  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Traveling through Arizona, doing LOTS of walking on the college campus today, and drinking lots of water. However, I'm finding it REALLY hard to get enough veggies in during the day. I had a salad at lunch today with my IP bar...but there weren't very many vegetables I could add to it. Then at dinner tonight, I got some steamed veggies, but I know it wasn't 2 cups worth, let alone 4. I am going to have to get more creative. Two more days down here. I'll have to hit a grocery store tomorrow and get some things. How do you do it traveling? I'm getting the IP foods in. I think I'm hitting my protein. It's the veggies!
When I eat out I sometimes have to order an extra serving of veggies to make sure I get what I need.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #48  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
You're doing fantastic on your vacation. So inspiring.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #49  

Happy Tuesday!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:41 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I travel quite a bit for work and have become quite the hotel cooker. Most of my travel is in my car so I am able to take spices and microwave bowl/plate for cooking... BUT...

If you have access to a microwave , you can get frozen veggie steamer bags (usually just broccoli or broccoli and cauliflower. The others always have carrots!). If cooking at the hotel, I always grab a couple packets of lemon meant for the tea and squeeze over the veggies then add salt/pepper.

Otherwise, you might just gave to cave and order an additional side of steamed veggies!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

If you're hitting the grocery store, you could buy bags of pre-cut celery. Maybe not the most exciting veggie, but you don't have to wash or prepare it, making it easier for traveling.

Or maybe an English cucumber; that would require minimal prep as well.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
When I need to travel or unable to cook, to get my veggies in, I get a cucumber and cut it into spears and snack on them.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #53  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Or find a grocery store with a salad bar and you can load up on veggies!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:45 AM   #54  

Default Help! Phase 4

Hello!
I recently started phase 4 and am so lost. I've been reading all the threads that are going on here but there are still things that don't make sense to me.
What is a fat? We're supposed to at fat at lunch time but I don't want cheese or salad dressing, what are my other options?
Do we HAVE to add a fat and carb at lunch/dinner or can we keep eating like phase 2/3 for those meals?
What do you have for snacks? I found some rice cakes that are 7 carbs and nothing else (only ingredient is whole grain brown rice), could I have that with peanutbutter or can I not mix these?

So lost...
Old 02-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #55  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! Back to work today after a three day weekend. Of course today it snows and buses are cancelled. Supposed to be pretty mild all week though, so I can't complain!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:04 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

http://www.ziploc.com/Products/Pages...okingBags.aspx

I bring these guys everywhere with me! I use them a lot at work for freshly steamed veggies. I guess I could cook at home and warm up here but I'd rather cook 1 time. Anyway, it tells you on the bag how many minutes to cook for, depending on the veggie. It works very well. Only thing is that it may be hard to prep while traveling but you could definitely prep before and put in a small cooler!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

scheduled my appt with my new coach tomorrow at lunch. When we talked yesterday, she told me about this 'health profile' to fill out before we met. Um, old coach never did that. She also told me about these videos you get from IP. Old coach never got that. Then I had to make an actual appointment. Old coach never did that. Just show up and wait. I'm pretty excited about all of the above because it shows me how much she cares! I have to go at lunch instead of the early AM though because they don't open early enough for me to go before work.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Thank you ems for posting these ziploc baggies. I am getting them on my next trip to the grocery store. Last week I bought those baggies with broccoli and steamed them at work, added apple cider, salt and pepper and had a really nice salad. I find that cooked or steamed vegetables fill me up better than a salad.

Yesterday I did some great planning for the week (it was a day off in Ontario). I cooked kale with some garlic, salt, and pepper, and prepared baked lemon chicken breast. I buy this organic free range chicken from a local butcher shop and find that it is well worth it. For less than $20 I have an excellent source of protein for about 4 meals. I also found a great recipe how to prep chicken breast without any oil (bbq I soo miss you), and baked the chicken breast in parchment paper seasoned with sea salt, herbs and slice of lemon. It came out amazing. I think I finally discovered the joy of baking meat in parchment paper and plan to prepare my file of sole the same way once I get through this chicken.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakingMoves View Post
Hello!
I recently started phase 4 and am so lost. I've been reading all the threads that are going on here but there are still things that don't make sense to me.
What is a fat? We're supposed to at fat at lunch time but I don't want cheese or salad dressing, what are my other options?
Do we HAVE to add a fat and carb at lunch/dinner or can we keep eating like phase 2/3 for those meals?
What do you have for snacks? I found some rice cakes that are 7 carbs and nothing else (only ingredient is whole grain brown rice), could I have that with peanutbutter or can I not mix these?

So lost...
Hello making moves. There is a maintainers thread on the forum. I'm sure they would have lots of answers for you. Well done for making it to phase 4.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertflwr View Post
Hope you are doing well I will be starting tomorrow - first time ever and will check in.
Day 2 going well desertflwr. we took the children to the movies, I took soya choc balls as a snack. Before that we went to Mc Donalds for lunch. I got a coffee and brought some apple pancake/potato purees muffins with me. Playing around with the packs make this diet a lot more interesting. Good luck. I will be looking for your posts.

@Sarahbell. I'm sorry to hear about your grandad. Some me time and reflection should help you heal your heart a little.

Last edited by TwoTots; 02-18-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Closed Thread