Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 06:29 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 2/7/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow. Balmy -6. Brrrrrrrrrrr.

WI # 5 and was down 2 lbs. This looks like a very sloowwwwwwwww journey for me, but at least I am going down, but with an average of about ~1 lb/week, it is gonna be awhile. Hoping one of these weeks for a BIG Whoosh though.Happy to be back in Onederland

Everyone in these cold temps be sure to check on your elderly neighbors and try to stay warm.

Last edited by Bellamack; 02-07-2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: add
Old 02-07-2014, 09:10 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post

WI # 5 and was down 2 lbs. This looks like a very sloowwwwwwwww journey for me, but at least I am going down, but with an average of about 1 lb/week, it is gonna be awhile. Hoping one of these weeks for a BIG Whoosh though.

Everyone in these cold temps be sure to check on your elderly neighbors and try to stay warm.
2 lbs is a fantastic loss!
Celebrate!
And Onderland, too? Time for an attitude adjustment about weight loss. It isn't a race...it is a journey

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-07-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:15 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
2 lbs is a fantastic loss!
Celebrate!
oh I am Happy for sure.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone! I am back from a small break. I was dealing with some stomach issues (crohns) and then a trip to an all inclusive resort, but today is restart day one with some changes. Due to my new diagnoses of Crohns I can't eat any raw veggies. This obv puts a crap on my IP eating habits, but today with a fresh start I will try again with my new rules. Due to no raw veggies I will be splitting my protein between lunch and dinner in hopes of staving off hunger a bit. I haven;t weighed myself since I returned from my trip two days ago but I am sure the scale is up a few lbs. Hopefully I will get it back down this week!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Hang in there and celebrate the little things!

Quote:

WI # 5 and was down 2 lbs. This looks like a very sloowwwwwwwww journey for me, but at least I am going down, but with an average of about ~1 lb/week, it is gonna be awhile. Hoping one of these weeks for a BIG Whoosh though.Happy to be back in Onederland

Bellamack - First, congratulations on reaching Onderland. I think emotionally for many of us, that huge fall to beginning with a "1" is the biggest celebration next to goal?

I have been through the slow losses and it can be brutal. One technique I have developed out of sanity is to set little goalposts. Not so much 'goals' as remembering where I was in life the last time I weighed that amount.

Today, I reached my wedding weight! We married after knowing each other only 3+ months and those 3+ months had been spent eating nearly every dinner and weekend meal out, so I was much less when we met...another goalpost! So 24 years later, I am back there and looking forward to guess what....

ONDERLAND just before we go to Disneyland, well Disneyworld. Business trip in early March so one month and 9 pounds to go. I, of course, have no clothes that fit for Florida in March....

By the way, Bellamack, where are you in upstate New York. That is my birthplace! A long, cold, snowy distance away from me but I do clearly remember the snow and lots of it.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
Hi everyone! I am back from a small break. I was dealing with some stomach issues (crohns) and then a trip to an all inclusive resort, but today is restart day one with some changes. Due to my new diagnoses of Crohns I can't eat any raw veggies. This obv puts a crap on my IP eating habits, but today with a fresh start I will try again with my new rules. Due to no raw veggies I will be splitting my protein between lunch and dinner in hopes of staving off hunger a bit. I haven;t weighed myself since I returned from my trip two days ago but I am sure the scale is up a few lbs. Hopefully I will get it back down this week!
Sorry for your recent diagnosis. I hope the problems you encountered are under control now.
There are lots of ways to cook veggies. A forum favorite is to roast them. And veggie purees added to some of our soups and other items really help with eating veggies.
Even romaine lettuce can be grilled. It is really good that way!
Good luck. I eat very few raw veggies (except for naturally fermented sauerkraut and natural pickles, both of which have good bacteria).

You may also want to do some reading about gluten and Crohn's disease. (actually gluten and ANY autoimmune disease, including Lupus, Hashimotos, Rheumatoid arthritis, MS, etc)
Old 02-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #8  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:

Congrats on Onederland Bellamack! That is outstanding!

Quote:
I feel for you lilkel on the no raw veggies. Just before hernia surgery my doctor put me on a low fiber diet that included no raw veggies - I almost cried, what was I going to eat??? With the help of the wonderful people here I managed to devise a plan that worked and made my doctor happy and was tolerable for me. I second what Lisa said pureeing or roasting veggies is a great way to get them in and fill you up.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:50 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Welcome to Onederland!!! WTG

Quote:
Sorry about the diagnosis but yes, roasting or pureeing veggies is a great option. I've been roasting pretty much all my veggies and they all come out delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Bellamack - First, congratulations on reaching Onderland. I think emotionally for many of us, that huge fall to beginning with a "1" is the biggest celebration next to goal?

I have been through the slow losses and it can be brutal. One technique I have developed out of sanity is to set little goalposts. Not so much 'goals' as remembering where I was in life the last time I weighed that amount.

Today, I reached my wedding weight! We married after knowing each other only 3+ months and those 3+ months had been spent eating nearly every dinner and weekend meal out, so I was much less when we met...another goalpost! So 24 years later, I am back there and looking forward to guess what....

ONDERLAND just before we go to Disneyland, well Disneyworld. Business trip in early March so one month and 9 pounds to go. I, of course, have no clothes that fit for Florida in March....

By the way, Bellamack, where are you in upstate New York. That is my birthplace! A long, cold, snowy distance away from me but I do clearly remember the snow and lots of it.
Woohoo on reaching your wedding weight!! I hit up the thrift stores for Mexico because I had zero clothes. I'm hoping that I won't fit the ones I got when it's time to where them here

Day four of the restart after Mexico is going well, had chicken in the crockpot and roasted broccoli last night, yum! I am happy that I took that break though - I was ready for it after close to 7 months and now I know what I have to look forward to.

Still not feeling great today so I'm staying home, curled up in bed and maybe catch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics if I can stay awake.

Happy Friday!
Jo
Old 02-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

Hi Schenecedy,
I assume by your name that you are closer to NYC. I am in Corning NY (actually Painted Post) My husband is originally from the Buffalo area.

Thanks for the encouragement. I was slow the first time on IP, I averaged over 6 months, 1.7 lb/week, but I got there, I just didn't maintain. So I am right back at it Have a great day!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #11  

Bellamack
Thanks for sharing that you didn't maintain.
This was my worst fear when I started IP:
Losing a significant amount of weight (for the second time) and not maintaining. I started paying attention to what the maintainers do from a very early time on IP (lurked in maintainer thread but told myself I could only post there when I was in maintenance).

I've had a MONTHS LONG stall. Some of it I self-imposed by switching to P4 after a long stall. I did P1 again in January and gained weight. Now I know something is wrong...either my thyroid meds need tweaking or I have adrenal fatigue (or both) or something.

Anyone who thinks "calories in - calories out" + Ketoxis is the only key is thinking the human body is less complex than it really is. There are many hormones that can cause the body to hold weight or gain on a VLC diet.

I have committed to getting to a functional medicine doctor to help me figure out what is going on (my PC is just so mainstream/pharmaceutical-oriented he'd never have the creativity to figure it out). Yesterday I completed the 9 pages of paperwork necessary just to get an appointment (this doc reviews & orders tests prior to your first appointment, so that he has data in front of him when he meets with you).

There is very little more frustrating than a stall like this. I was really hoping I'd break the stall after taking a P1 break. But I have knowledge and the tools to help figure it out. I'm sure this is hormones or something playing havoc and soon I'll be able to start losing again and get to goal.

In the meantime, I stick close to the boards to support others and to encourage and to be reminded every day where I came from.

I am NOT going back where I was.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-07-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:21 AM   #12  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Lisa I'm sending positive thoughts and wishes that this doctor can help you figure everything out. Thank you for being here and giving those of us that need a kick in the pants, one!

Feeling a bit discouraged today. Honeys sister and her bf are coming to vist and even tho he's had WAY more time than I, he has done nothing to straighten up the house or prepare. I've been rushing around washing sheets and cleaning up. Mind you; I have work at noon. He says oh don't worry they don't care. Well hello I care! Anyway rant over. I'm done.

Gotta get my coffee in and showered for work!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Bellamack
Thanks for sharing that you didn't maintain.
This was my worst fear when I started IP:
Losing a significant amount of weight (for the second time) and not maintaining. I started paying attention to what the maintainers do from a very early time on IP (lurked in maintainer thread but told myself I could only post there when I was in maintenance).

I've had a MONTHS LONG stall. Some of it I self-imposed by switching to P4 after a long stall. I did P1 again in January and gained weight. Now I know something is wrong...either my thyroid meds need tweaking or I have adrenal fatigue (or both) or something.

Anyone who thinks "calories in - calories out" + Ketoxis is the only key is thinking the human body is less complex than it really is. There are many hormones that can cause the body to hold weight or gain on a VLC diet.

I have committed to getting to a functional medicine doctor to help me figure out what is going on (my PC is just so mainstream/pharmaceutical-oriented he'd never have the creativity to figure it out). Yesterday I completed the 9 pages of paperwork necessary just to get an appointment (this doc reviews & orders tests prior to your first appointment, so that he has data in front of him when he meets with you).

There is very little more frustrating than a stall like this. I was really hoping I'd break the stall after taking a P1 break. But I have knowledge and the tools to help figure it out. I'm sure this is hormones or something playing havoc and soon I'll be able to start losing again and get to goal.

In the meantime, I stick close to the boards to support others and to encourage and to be reminded every day where I came from.

I am NOT going back where I was.
Lisa,

I will be very interested in all your tests. There is a wonderful woman doctor, only 35 minutes away that many of my "female" friends have gone to see. One of my very good friends was recently diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue, probably from the "stress" of going through Breast Cancer treatment a year ago. She has her on some herbs and vitamins and doesn't want her exercising aggresively, light toning and moderate walks. Otherwise, her diet is very similar to IP with the exception of nuts. She said it can take months or even a year to get the Adrenals functioning like she should. My friend does Not have hypothyroid, which I do. I have had 2 surgeries in 5 months, which hasn't helped and the year before was in a "boot" for 10 months and I just gained the weight back. Did I eat alot?, NO, but my metabolism is not good. period. And like you say calories in = calories out is not for everyone & my doctor agrees. I can Not maintain above 1300 -1400 calories and I should of been able to go up to about 1800. It is very frustrating, but I have to lose the weight for my arthritic knee caps. grrrrrrr. Some of the herbs are: (excuse all spelling, lol) astragwu?, licorice root, ginseng, ginko biloba. I will ask her more.

I am thinking of seeing this doctor, she is very hard to get into. Good Luck Lisa and keep me updated.

Last edited by Bellamack; 02-07-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Can anyone tell me the approximate amount of calories you eat in a day on P1 of IP? I've been logging my calories on MyFitnessPal before starting IP and decided to see what today's meals came too. I'm a little shocked that it's only 920 cals!

B: EAS Advantedge carb control shake, chocolate
L: lettuce, 1c broccoli, red pepper, onion, WF dressing, 1 HB egg, Quest bar
D: 2 egg, 3 white omelet with 2c red peppers and mushrooms
S: EAS Advantedge carb control shake, strawberry
Old 02-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #15  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Can anyone tell me the approximate amount of calories you eat in a day on P1 of IP? I've been logging my calories on MyFitnessPal before starting IP and decided to see what today's meals came too. I'm a little shocked that it's only 920 cals!

B: EAS Advantedge carb control shake, chocolate
L: lettuce, 1c broccoli, red pepper, onion, WF dressing, 1 HB egg, Quest bar
D: 2 egg, 3 white omelet with 2c red peppers and mushrooms
S: EAS Advantedge carb control shake, strawberry
If I remember right, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it was between 800-900. That's one of the reasons for no serious exercise, unless you add another packet.
Closed Thread