3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/29/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/292199-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-1-29-2014-a.html)

lisa32989 01-29-2014 05:49 AM

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/29/2014

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

lisa32989 01-29-2014 05:58 AM

Good morning bright & early

I'm usually awake around 5ish
Today I was wide-awake at 4:12 am :p

No need to set the alarm for my am workout! I wonder if this is an effect from using my full spectrum lamps? I put one on my desk at work to chase away the winter blues. AND I've re established my am workouts this week after that nasty virus stole 3 weeks of health from me.

The Bubbies brand pickles are REALLY helping me with that desire for something sweet after a meal. I've fermented my own sauerkraut before, I may have to try naturally fermented pickles next! I spent some time with Google last nite on the subject.

ReenHag 01-29-2014 06:58 AM

Interesting, Lisa. Let us know how it turns out.

I am so frustrated by this winter weather. Another school delay, so the schedule is messed up again. Guess I gotta roll with the changes, as usual! (Thanks, REO.) Now the Open House that was scheduled for this morning will be moved to next Wed. Hope there are no delays that day!

Keep warm, everyone!

Renee

coffeebean 01-29-2014 07:19 AM

Good morning. Day 28 of staying 100-% OP for my reboot. I am amazed how much better I feel and I have so much more energy.

shrinkingsusie 01-29-2014 07:42 AM

Good morning. Got dumped with snow again last night. The piles at the end of the driveway from shovelling are so high it makes it hard to see when backing out, and my poor dogs are having a hard time getting around the backyard. Tonight I will get my husband to make them a few figure eights with the snowblower so they have a place to run and burn off some energy.

My husband is away on course next week, so maybe I should learn how to use the snowblower... A lot better than shovelling!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

drd1961 01-29-2014 08:10 AM

Our snow blower broke this year. Not a good year for that to happen!

My cold has gone to my eyes and they are a mess. Going to convenient care to see if I can get some drops and then going to work at home. Everyone at work has this stuff, which is what happens when you have a fairly strict policy on sick days. No one stays home sick.

Making myself eat this week even though I am not hungry at all. We are suppose to get into the 20's today which is a relief.

lgg64 01-29-2014 08:18 AM

Good morning All! I am on day 5 - 100% following the program. I find that I have very little appetite. Can I save half of my omelet from bf for a midmorning snack...??? Hope this isn't a stupid ? Down 6.6 lbs...(but my initial weigh in was high from a high stress high eating previous week.....) Thanks in advance.... Appreciate all the tips that I've gotten from this site ;)

ColoradoCarol 01-29-2014 08:45 AM

Good morning.

I am feeling bleh today. Suffering from a sinus headache due to our fluctuating weather. It was in the 20's Monday and Tuesday, today in the 50's and Thursday and Friday snow again. We all like our sun in Colorado, but it plays havoc with the sinuses. Unfortunately I can't take anything other than Ibuprofen (which doesn't work on sinus headaches) because other things can interfere with my seizure meds. I haven't had a seizure in 5 years, but don't want one either - hence the meds.

Okay, I will quit whining. I have weigh in tonight and I am hoping for a good loss, but if I don't, that's the way it is.

Happy Wednesday all.

shrinkingsusie 01-29-2014 08:51 AM

I decided to do some measurements, even though I did them three weeks ago, because the new jeans I just bought two weeks ago that we're too tight are falling off me. I don't even have to undo them to take them off..

In the last three weeks I have lost 12.5 inches! It really does go to show that the scale shouldn't be your only measure of loss. I have also been feeling extra skinny lately. I don't care if the scale never went down again if the inches kept dropping like this!

nolasmurf 01-29-2014 09:35 AM

Good morning all. Still very very cold here in New Orleans. It's about 28 degrees. Brrrr! They've reopened most of the major roadways but of course are telling folks to be cautious out there. I'm going to have to brave it and go back to work.

Vippysue 01-29-2014 09:47 AM

Things are absolutely crazy here in Georgia. Children spent the night in schools because they could not get home. People abandoned their cars on the interstates and some took refuge in local Home Depots and Krogers which stayed open to help. People on the road for more than six hours which normally would've taken less than one hour. Some have still not made it home. The Governor declared a "state of emergency." Major interstates are still gridlocked because people can't move because of the ice and hills. Crazy. Giving thanks for my warm home.

GettinHealthyNow 01-29-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgg64 (Post 4931068)
Good morning All! I am on day 5 - 100% following the program. I find that I have very little appetite. Can I save half of my omelet from bf for a midmorning snack...??? Hope this isn't a stupid ? Down 6.6 lbs...(but my initial weigh in was high from a high stress high eating previous week.....) Thanks in advance.... Appreciate all the tips that I've gotten from this site ;)

I would do that. No sense stuffing yourself and I find sometimes it helps to space out my food every 2-3 hours. I'll often have 1 cup of veggies at lunch with my protein drink and save the other cup of veg for 3 in the afternoon.

GettinHealthyNow 01-29-2014 10:24 AM

I just read the rest of the comments from the end of the day yesterday and want to thank all of you for your comments and support. I will be seeing the other coach this weekend and if she shares the same attitude, I will take it as a clinic issue and look to switch out. This in no way makes me negative towards the IP program - I think the protocol is great and it's obviously been successful for many of us. This is a "coaching" issue.

Thanks everyone, and have a great day. Love you all :)

ColoradoCarol 01-29-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgg64 (Post 4931068)

No problem spacing your food out, my coach actually suggested it when I started as I still have some lingering effects of how much volume I can eat at one time (from my lap band surgery a few years ago).

It can be helpful to your metabolism to eat every 3-4 hours.

Carol

schenectady 01-29-2014 10:38 AM

A big NSV for me, courtesy of my very favorite non communicative male, with whom I just celebrated our 24th. I posted about the outfit that my husband had given me 24 years ago that I was never able to wear. I told him about it on or anniversary and told him that I could fit into it now and that was his present.

When he come home yesterday, I had it on. Winter white pants and matching long jacket (thank goodness for the length 'cause I still have a fair amount of junk in the trunk). I paired it with a fitted cable knit top in winter white We are seated on the sofa watching news and Mr. Noncommuicative says "is that the same outfit? It looks good" and he continues to stare.

Not bad for an NSV along with the 2 dozen red roses (he has never brought flowers for our anniversary). When I showed amazement, and thanks, for the flowers and I asked why now, he said "because they come in dozens"....i.e. number 24.

Guys are funny....

mars735 01-29-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol (Post 4931199)
No problem spacing your food out, my coach actually suggested it when I started as I still have some lingering effects of how much volume I can eat at one time (from my lap band surgery a few years ago).

It can be helpful to your metabolism to eat every 3-4 hours.

Carol

I ate every 3-4 hours on P1 (and still do) and weight loss was fine. I would like to eat less often for convenience but so far haven't figured out how to do it without uncomfortable hunger pangs and anxiety.

skinnybride2be 01-29-2014 12:03 PM

Good Morning all -

Not feeling that well today. Stomach is feeling bleh so maybe TOM is on the way... also feeling super hungry today. Already burned through 3 packets. Will try and keep it together and stay OP!

ems70508 01-29-2014 12:11 PM

Lisa, those bubbies are where it's at! If you find a good pickle recipe, do share!

Still locked up in my house due to frozen roads. don't know how you northerners do this so much! we'll have 75 degree sunny skies saturday though! Being inside all day yesterday makes you want to munch-so annoying! I drank so much hot tea!

Susie congrats on the shrinking! It's so exciting. I'm finally starting to notice the shrinking in my mid-section...it's blowing my mind!

Hope everyone stays safe, warm, and healthy day!

ColoradoCarol 01-29-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4931278)
Lisa, those bubbies are where it's at! If you find a good pickle recipe, do share!

Still locked up in my house due to frozen roads. don't know how you northerners do this so much! we'll have 75 degree sunny skies saturday though! Being inside all day yesterday makes you want to munch-so annoying! I drank so much hot tea!

Susie congrats on the shrinking! It's so exciting. I'm finally starting to notice the shrinking in my mid-section...it's blowing my mind!

Hope everyone stays safe, warm, and healthy day!

Okay what are bubbies? I've seen them mentioned a couple of times.

Also, EMS, although I'm not a northerner (a westerner, LOL) but because we get snow, we have snow clearing equipment, de-icers, etc that they apply to the road, which makes it bearable. You all don't have that, so when you get snow/ice everything shuts down. That doesn't happen here as much.

ecdcslim 01-29-2014 12:48 PM

good morning, really hungry in the morning the last couple of days and I don't know why! Nothing's changed - I had a blueberry cran shake at 7:30, cup of coffee and by 10 am I was ready to eat my desk. I had 2 cups of hot herbal tea and 16 ozs of water and finally had a cup of cucumber! It's been like that the last few days. I'm also craving sweets, I broke down and had an extra packet last night - chocolate pudding with WF fudge sauce - yep, that cured the craving!!

Cold here, I'm cold now anyway guess it's the weight loss lol.

RN4Babies 01-29-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4931212)
A big NSV for me, courtesy of my very favorite non communicative male, with whom I just celebrated our 24th. I posted about the outfit that my husband had given me 24 years ago that I was never able to wear. I told him about it on or anniversary and told him that I could fit into it now and that was his present.

When he come home yesterday, I had it on. Winter white pants and matching long jacket (thank goodness for the length 'cause I still have a fair amount of junk in the trunk). I paired it with a fitted cable knit top in winter white We are seated on the sofa watching news and Mr. Noncommuicative says "is that the same outfit? It looks good" and he continues to stare.

Not bad for an NSV along with the 2 dozen red roses (he has never brought flowers for our anniversary). When I showed amazement, and thanks, for the flowers and I asked why now, he said "because they come in dozens"....i.e. number 24.

Guys are funny....

Haha! Love that! Hope you enjoyed your special day!

lisa32989 01-29-2014 02:03 PM

Schenectady:
Glad to hear Man of Few Words said something!
Isn't it nice to get flowers?
I used to get them frequently from DH when he was a BF or Fiance. I need to remind him desire for such things doesn't stop after the ring is on!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4931138)
Good morning all. Still very very cold here in New Orleans. It's about 28 degrees. Brrrr! They've reopened most of the major roadways but of course are telling folks to be cautious out there. I'm going to have to brave it and go back to work.

The worst part is the other bad drivers. I don't care WHERE you live...if people act like the roads are clear and dry, chaos will develop and someone will get hurt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol (Post 4931299)
Okay what are bubbies? I've seen them mentioned a couple of times.

Brand of pickles (also sauerkraut) available in refrigerated section of health food store. They are naturally fermented so no vinegar. MUCH better for the digestive system (natrual probiotics in the natural fermentation)

mars735 01-29-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdcslim (Post 4931313)
good morning, really hungry in the morning the last couple of days and I don't know why! Nothing's changed - I had a blueberry cran shake at 7:30, cup of coffee and by 10 am I was ready to eat my desk. I had 2 cups of hot herbal tea and 16 ozs of water and finally had a cup of cucumber! It's been like that the last few days. I'm also craving sweets, I broke down and had an extra packet last night - chocolate pudding with WF fudge sauce - yep, that cured the craving!!

Cold here, I'm cold now anyway guess it's the weight loss lol.

If your ticker is up-to-date, it looks like you are at or near ideal weight. There are many with longer experience than I, who I hope will add their voices. I've been on IP1-4 for about a year total. From my experience with the sensations you describe, AND the fact that the packet cured your pangs, I'd say you might need more food, in a nutshell. It sounds like your body is searching for stored energy to burn and not finding much fat. For me, this typically preceded a big drop in either size or weight or both. And having a little extra didn't hurt as long as I didn't overdo it. Good for you!!!!

norcal75 01-29-2014 03:36 PM

Hello - I'm thinking about doing the Ideal Protein diet. I'm 5' 6", 140 lbs, looking to lose 10-15 lbs (fat - keep muscle) so I can resume working out, re-set my body and eat clean. I've been doing a clean eating diet since Jan. 6 with 4-5 workouts a week with a new trainer. I haven't lost weight or inches, in fact I feel bigger and always bloated/full. I eat only whole foods, no grains, no gluten, no artificial sweetners, little dairy (greek yogurt & half/half 1tsp in coffee), veggies, lean protein, and good fats (nuts, nut butters, avocado, coconut oil/olive oil).
I'm really stuck and not sure what to do. I've talke with the LP coaches, but wonder if a) it's unbearable to follow since you can't workout; b) does the weight truly stay off; c) is it safe?
Thanks.

ecdcslim 01-29-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mars735 (Post 4931415)
If your ticker is up-to-date, it looks like you are at or near ideal weight. There are many with longer experience than I, who I hope will add their voices. I've been on IP1-4 for about a year total. From my experience with the sensations you describe, AND the fact that the packet cured your pangs, I'd say you might need more food, in a nutshell. It sounds like your body is searching for stored energy to burn and not finding much fat. For me, this typically preceded a big drop in either size or weight or both. And having a little extra didn't hurt as long as I didn't overdo it. Good for you!!!!

Mars, thanks so much. My husband was saying this morning that I was looking pretty thin, too thin, tho the scale hasn't shown a shift. My clothes have, tho, much looser so that may be the issue. I will start P3 on Sunday, and will try to power through the cravings until then to see if getting back on carbs help. Thanks again.

infoplease 01-29-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norcal75 (Post 4931421)
Hello - I'm thinking about doing the Ideal Protein diet. I'm 5' 6", 140 lbs, looking to lose 10-15 lbs (fat - keep muscle) so I can resume working out, re-set my body and eat clean. I've been doing a clean eating diet since Jan. 6 with 4-5 workouts a week with a new trainer. I haven't lost weight or inches, in fact I feel bigger and always bloated/full. I eat only whole foods, no grains, no gluten, no artificial sweetners, little dairy (greek yogurt & half/half 1tsp in coffee), veggies, lean protein, and good fats (nuts, nut butters, avocado, coconut oil/olive oil).
I'm really stuck and not sure what to do. I've talke with the LP coaches, but wonder if a) it's unbearable to follow since you can't workout; b) does the weight truly stay off; c) is it safe?
Thanks.

Hmmm....
Are you new to working out? Is your trainer doing body comps?
Are you taking any vitamins? How much water are you drinking?
Are you doing lots of cardio or a combo of weights and cardio or just weights?
There are some IP products without artificial sweeteners but if you are more "sweet" than "savory", you probably will want to use them, if you go IP.
You can do IP working out although you might want to back off/take off the first 3 to 5 days and you will want to either time meals or snacks or add an extra packet or hardboiled egg around your workouts. In 2012, I lost the last 10 or 15 pounds on phase 1 with 6 day/week workouts but I had been on the diet for 7 months. So to your questions--you can work out but not super intensely, the weight stays off if you follow Phase 4 and don't go back to old eating habits (and it is supposedly normal to gain 5 to 7 lbs over a year so you are supposed to reset each January), I feel it is safe but as with anything there are a few people that can't do it due to their unique makeup.
You can PM me but I think you might have to post 10 times to do that. I'm happy to answer on this thread.

ecdcslim 01-29-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norcal75 (Post 4931421)
Thanks.

Please avail yourself of all the literature about the protocol on the Stickies. IP works, it's got over 20 years of research and positive results behind it. You will lose fat, not muscle. As for working out, you can start back to weight training after the 3rd week - need to add a packet on the days you weight train. I started right back after my 3rd weigh-in, working out 2-3 times a week with a trainer. You can't do a lot of cardio - no intervals on the cross trainer for 40 mins, etc as you will just not have enough calories to support that.

Staceyhay 01-29-2014 04:57 PM

I posted this in the what are you eating today thread and no replies so I thought maybe this would be the thread I should've asked this question:
I have a question about foods. I bought some chicken sausage last night from Costco and want to eat it tonight for dinner, but I'm a little nervous about it. It says less than 1g carbs, but now as I look at it I see 12g of fat. Is that overdoing it? It also says contains milk. Can I have something like that or is it a no no? Thanks!

mars735 01-29-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdcslim (Post 4931454)
Mars, thanks so much. My husband was saying this morning that I was looking pretty thin, too thin, tho the scale hasn't shown a shift. My clothes have, tho, much looser so that may be the issue. I will start P3 on Sunday, and will try to power through the cravings until then to see if getting back on carbs help. Thanks again.

You're welcome! I hope you are excited as I am reading your post. Way to go! :bravo:

Hockeymom40 01-29-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staceyhay (Post 4931487)
I posted this in the what are you eating today thread and no replies so I thought maybe this would be the thread I should've asked this question:
I have a question about foods. I bought some chicken sausage last night from Costco and want to eat it tonight for dinner, but I'm a little nervous about it. It says less than 1g carbs, but now as I look at it I see 12g of fat. Is that overdoing it? It also says contains milk. Can I have something like that or is it a no no? Thanks!

I just looked up 8oz of beef tenderloin sand that has 11 grams of fat. So I would say one serving of that is okay. It's probably not the best choice, may have a high sodium content. I wouldn't worry about the milk in it unless you have a dairy allergy. Remember leaner meats are what you want to go for.

IdealProteinNewbie 01-29-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 (Post 4931501)
I just looked up 8oz of beef tenderloin sand that has 11 grams of fat. So I would say one serving of that is okay. It's probably not the best choice, may have a high sodium content. I wouldn't worry about the milk in it unless you have a dairy allergy. Remember leaner meats are what you want to go for.

Ye, but how many ounces is the link? I can't imagine it's a full 8 oz.

For example, if the link is 4 oz you would need 2 serving which brings the fat up to 24 grams.

I would err on the side of caution and say no, just my opinion.

Vippysue 01-29-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

It is so funny that you posted this.... I just took some out of the freezer and wondered the same thing. Yes, it's from Costco as well. Mine has 6 gms of fat but is only 110 calories for a whole one! I thought it would be delicious with some sautéed peppers and mushrooms. I know the fat is higher than 30 % but at 110 calories I didn't think I could go wrong....and sometimes you just need some variety. I'm going for it.

Vippysue 01-29-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Continued....each sausage is 3.2 ounces. Maybe it's just the variety that you got....mine is Casual Gourmet brand, Sweet Italian Style. Using this one, 2 links would be 6.4 ounces and have 220 calories and 12 grams of fat. Senior members: Am I wrong or is this one to avoid?

lisa32989 01-29-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vippysue (Post 4931532)
It is so funny that you posted this.... I just took some out of the freezer and wondered the same thing. Yes, it's from Costco as well. Mine has 6 gms of fat but is only 110 calories for a whole one! I thought it would be delicious with some sautéed peppers and mushrooms. I know the fat is higher than 30 % but at 110 calories I didn't think I could go wrong....and sometimes you just need some variety. I'm going for it.

Again, you need to figure the nutritional stats for EIGHT OUNCES of the sausage.
110 calories for how much?
If you don't get 8 oz, you're not getting all of the protein you're supposed to have

Peggypip 01-29-2014 06:15 PM

Just completed my first month on IPD - had my weigh-in this morning and I've lost 14 lbs! Yippee!

nolasmurf 01-29-2014 07:16 PM

Hey all. Made it into work today. We are pretty short staffed due to folks not being able to get in due to Ice on the roads. That made for a bit of a crazy day. It also made for some grumpy gamblers. Selfish folks not understanding that we aren't used to /prepared for icy conditions and how dare we ruin their vacations keeping our families safe. (Sorry a bit of a rant there)

Anyway.Having one of those rare starving kind of days. I think its mainly mental, "that its cold outside let me stuff myself" thoughts. Also I've been taking it slow on the water. Its just so cold I cant stand to drink because it makes me colder. I'm powering through and not going to overindulge.

shrinkingsusie 01-29-2014 07:22 PM

Just made chicken breast stuffed with spinach and homemade salsa...another success!

While driving home from the grocery store I passed all kinds of fast food places and thought "hmm, I wish I could just grab a quick supper." And then it was like a lightbulb went off.. In the past I confused hunger with craving bad food, thinking that was what I wanted, when really the only reason I wanted it was because I was hungry. There have been other times as well, especially over Christmas with all the extra treats everywhere, where I thought I wanted something, then realized the only reason I thought I wanted it was because it was near lunch or dinner time and I was hungry. I really need to retrain my brain to recognize hunger as nothing but hunger rather than craving of bad food. Because as soon as I eat my OP meal, all cravings are gone.

IdealProteinNewbie 01-29-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peggypip (Post 4931558)
Just completed my first month on IPD - had my weigh-in this morning and I've lost 14 lbs! Yippee!

Great job!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4931601)
Hey all. Made it into work today. We are pretty short staffed due to folks not being able to get in due to Ice on the roads. That made for a bit of a crazy day. It also made for some grumpy gamblers. Selfish folks not understanding that we aren't used to /prepared for icy conditions and how dare we ruin their vacations keeping our families safe. (Sorry a bit of a rant there)

Anyway.Having one of those rare starving kind of days. I think its mainly mental, "that its cold outside let me stuff myself" thoughts. Also I've been taking it slow on the water. Its just so cold I cant stand to drink because it makes me colder. I'm powering through and not going to overindulge.

Ugh, hang in there and stay safe! Can you get any herbal tea?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4931604)
Just made chicken breast stuffed with spinach and homemade salsa...another success!

While driving home from the grocery store I passed all kinds of fast food places and thought "hmm, I wish I could just grab a quick supper." And then it was like a lightbulb went off.. In the past I confused hunger with craving bad food, thinking that was what I wanted, when really the only reason I wanted it was because I was hungry. There have been other times as well, especially over Christmas with all the extra treats everywhere, where I thought I wanted something, then realized the only reason I thought I wanted it was because it was near lunch or dinner time and I was hungry. I really need to retrain my brain to recognize hunger as nothing but hunger rather than craving of bad food. Because as soon as I eat my OP meal, all cravings are gone.

Love light bulb moments! You're doing an amazing job!

sweetenuf 01-29-2014 07:34 PM

Hi everyone, I am new here. I would like to introduce myself. I am Theresa. I live in Katy, Tx. I am pleased to have found a group to go threw my journey with.
Today was my second week weigh in I am down 4.8lbs and my first week was -7.4lbs. I am very excited that this program is working for me.

shrinkingsusie 01-29-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetenuf (Post 4931608)
Hi everyone, I am new here. I would like to introduce myself. I am Theresa. I live in Katy, Tx. I am pleased to have found a group to go threw my journey with.
Today was my second week weigh in I am down 4.8lbs and my first week was -7.4lbs. I am very excited that this program is working for me.

Welcome, and congrats on some amazing losses so far! This really is a great group, make sure to check back several times a day for your daily dose of motivation and support!