Old 02-16-2014, 09:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 245.6/CW 203/GW 170

Default I didn't buy the ticket for this rollercoaster, so can I please get off?

My second mini goal was to get under 200 by my 32nd birthday, but i struggled to keep myself on track to get there. Now, I didn't cheat and go off plan, but i didn't keep up my water intake, nor did i allow myself to stop at 3 packets a day. I just pretty much did whatever i wanted with this diet. Because of that, the scale has gone up and down for over a month, which is pretty much what I faced with WW.

Now, my determination has come back to overpower those old habits so I can get to where I want to be. However, at the same time, that fear of not getting there still lingers. This week, i lost 2lbs. to bring my total with this diet back to 31, but it seems when i get to that number, i go back up again but im gonna try my best to not let it go back up again...
scottysgirl7682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #2  

On this plan, sticking to the sheet is crucial. Small deviations can work at first but cause problems in the long-run

My recommendation is to make a committed effort for the next 7 days to stick to the sheet like glue. If it is on there, be sure to include it everyday. If it is not on there, don't include it. Following those simple rules may not be simple the first week because the deviations actually are cheats. It is really incredible what we can tell ourselves (like "I'm not cheating" for example)

But after you have that first week back under your belt, you'll have built momentum to continue.

Good luck!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW 245.6/CW 203/GW 170

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
On this plan, sticking to the sheet is crucial. Small deviations can work at first but cause problems in the long-run

My recommendation is to make a committed effort for the next 7 days to stick to the sheet like glue. If it is on there, be sure to include it everyday. If it is not on there, don't include it. Following those simple rules may not be simple the first week because the deviations actually are cheats. It is really incredible what we can tell ourselves (like "I'm not cheating" for example)

But after you have that first week back under your belt, you'll have built momentum to continue.

Good luck!
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. When I first started this diet, I was only doing shakes and bars along with the veggies and protein. I didn't try anything else until like week 2 or 3. My friend suggested the same thing you just said. I need to teach myself discipline, and for me that isn't easy. But, if I did it the first week and got thru it, I can get it done now 4 months in.

However, and I forgot to mention this before, on the bright side, I found that I'm losing inches, and my shirt and bra sizes have gone down! For the first time in my life, I was actually able to go into Victoria's Secret and fit into their bras. I was ecstatic!

I know I got this; it's just gonna take a little more effort to get to where I want to be. Thanx Lisa for being up front with me. I needed that
scottysgirl7682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I don't follow this diet but even i can tell if you don't stick with the program you are not going to achieve your weightloss goals.

Also its not a very good idea to fix your weight loss goal to a date, i don't think. You just add stress and stress can often cause failure. I think with weightloss one has to be always vigilant (even after you've achieved goal weight) but remain relaxed and unstressed, no pressure.

Why did you struggle to keep yourself on track. Understanding that and having strategies to overcome those weaknesses can be the reason why you succeed in the long term.

I think a lot of weightloss success, like any success really, is about what goes on in the mind.

Don't kid yourself about anything. Stay honest and stay committed. If its too hard for you, there's something wrong with the program or the program is not right for you.

I don't think fear is a particularly useful emotion for this journey. Emotions i have found helpful are disgust, optimism, commitment. Actually some of those aren't emotions but never mind.

Take it steady, stick to the program until you decide its not working for you and you find something more workable. Be patient and don't give up.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote