Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 part 3

You're on Page 7 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: ….Veggies and meat are weighed raw....

Does that include spinach? Two cups of spinach would cook down to about a tablespoon.
  • Quote: Does that include spinach? Two cups of spinach would cook down to about a tablespoon.
    Yup. Measure raw.
  • Oh, wow. I don't know if I can saute my spinach now. A tablespoon of cooked spinach and four scallops just doesn't sound like enough for dinner.
  • Quote: Oh, wow. I don't know if I can saute my spinach now. A tablespoon of cooked spinach and four scallops just doesn't sound like enough for dinner.
    The only time I sauté it is if I've had a rare weird day & having all my veggies at once (2-3 times since I've been on IP). Otherwise, I prefer veggies that don't cook down as much.

Had a spinach salad today at lunch.
  • I punch down spinach and kale a lot in the measuring cup or it would not be much. The IP coaching videos (my clinic sends them to me plus they are here) tell you that you can use spinach in your salad without counting it.
  • Thanks everyone!

Cups vs weight... My measuring cup says 16 oz... Is it ok to weight out the veggies?

Thanks much!
  • Quote: Thanks everyone!

Cups vs weight... My measuring cup says 16 oz... Is it ok to weight out the veggies?

Thanks much!
    That,s a two cup measure!
  • Quote: Thanks everyone!

Thanks much!
    Measure with a cup, if you go by weight, you will will be overthe daily allotment
  • 16 oz is 2 c liquid, not weight
  • Meat is measured raw by weight, veggies are measured raw by volume.
  • Thanks so much, that makes sense. silly me!

I'm down 9 pounds in two weeks! Although I've just started with the EAS AdvantEdge drinks (replacing the "IP Packets") for the last 5 days now and have seen great progress. It helps oh so much- I've been reading everyone's helpful tips, the phase 1 sheets & all the Q&A, are so awesome - just everything! I've got my husband on it now too! I'm so thankful for you all! This is a great avenue to get on track! I didn't realize that I had to cook the green peppers! Ha ha . I'm doing everything else as written.
    Thank you very much!

S/C/G: 194/185/160
  • Quote: I didn't realize that I had to cook the green peppers! Ha ha . I'm doing everything else as written.
    Thank you very much!

S/C/G: 194/185/160
    ???

Doesn't' say you have to cook peppers (green or otherwise) on the current P1 Protocol sheet.
  • Ya - you could eat raw.

As a newbie, one thing that helped me is finding out that it is ok to have chicken broth. The 99% fat free one. Helps with headaches & dizziness. I've been trying to use all the prescribed salt but I guess I wasn't hitting the mark. Off-topic but thought I'd mention it.
  • You can definitely eat peppers raw--good thing, that's the way I like them!

You can't cook onions, but pretty much all of the other veggies can be eaten either raw or cooked.
  • I just tried a powder that made me gag - perhaps it works for some, but Plant Head at GNC is one of the most disgusting things I have EVER eaten! Thank goodness for their return policy!