Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #46  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
If you have a mandolin you use the little pop up blades to shred things! It makes nice loooooooooooong noodles!
Then do you sauté or what.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Then do you sauté or what.
I boiled them in a pan of boiling water for 3.5 mins. drained and reserved some of the water to help make a "sauce" for the shrimp. BUT the water needs to have a generous amount of salt in it!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:44 PM   #48  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
True enough. If you are a "daily weigher"...pay attention to what you are eating the day/days prior to a fluctuation. It can give some insight on certain foods, esp those higher in sodium (check the label info) ...IP foods ARE processed, and you may not think about too much about how your body responds unless you get a nudge. You can determine if it's wise to cut back on some things, or make sure you are not unwittingly choosing a full day's worth of the higher selections. Many are not at all low sodium...in fact some are crazy high and some of us "collect water" if we consume some of them.

Those are choices you CAN control. I've said before...don't take the program as a "one size fits all and IP is magic". Your body is not the same as anyone else's!
I haven't seen any of the nutritional information for the packets yet. My clinic has just been giving me the individual packets these first two weeks. I have no idea the calories, sodium, etc. I'm guessing it's online on the IP site.

I'm feeling hungry today, for some reason. I haven't really at all since I started. Time to go make my dinner!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:49 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Why did I wait so long to make caulirice?! Holy cow! I made it like fried rice with cilantro and liquid amino. Added an egg. I'm sitting here beyond satisfied! I'll definitly be processing it In bulk because it is a tad messy! Rather do it once a week than 3 times.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
If you have a mandolin you use the little pop up blades to shred things! It makes nice loooooooooooong noodles!
They also sell julienne peelers, for anyone not wanting to buy a mandolin
Old 01-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

LOVE this for zucchini noodles, super cheap and quick:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...ulienne+peeler
Old 01-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Thanks 65!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Why did I wait so long to make caulirice?! Holy cow! I made it like fried rice with cilantro and liquid amino. Added an egg. I'm sitting here beyond satisfied! I'll definitly be processing it In bulk because it is a tad messy! Rather do it once a week than 3 times.
I use my stand shredder & do the whole thing right in the sink. It caused some huge messes at first
Old 01-06-2014, 09:14 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
So, I may be having a dense moment, but what is liquid amino?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:16 PM   #55  

Thanks for all the info about zucchini noodles.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:20 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Thanks for all the info about zucchini noodles.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the julienne peeler and zucchini noodles.

FYI - when in maintenance try replacing lasagne noodles with zucchini cut into thin lengthwise slices on a mandolin. Use your favorite recipe (I adapt for lower calories as well). I have also done it completely vegetarian as well as with meat sauce.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #57  

Quote:
So, I may be having a dense moment, but what is liquid amino?
I wondered the same thing when I first saw this. Use instead of soy sauce. http://bragg.com/products/la.html. Hope that helps!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Lisa, great idea!

Ah yes, liquid amino is a replacement for soy sauce. My parents used it growing up and I use it often as seasoning in my cooking. Doesn't take much but packs a lot of flavor! You can get it in spray bottle form and spritz on salads!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:16 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I haven't seen any of the nutritional information for the packets yet. My clinic has just been giving me the individual packets these first two weeks. I have no idea the calories, sodium, etc. I'm guessing it's online on the IP site.

I'm feeling hungry today, for some reason. I haven't really at all since I started. Time to go make my dinner!
The Spark People site and most of the other nutritional data sites give you the complete info..fast. ... Use google to find the specific IP product...it's all pretty much out there at your fingertips. You are entitled to this info and the IP site should have provided you a current spread sheet. Ask for it! Also when you buy your packets..you might ask them to copy the label off the box for you...that helps ensure the formulation did not change. Some things contain soy, some are whey and some are albumin protein....that can matter to some users also. Not to mention if something has wheat or is gluten free is noted on the box. Trust me..you are paying for this info...don't leave with out it! Do not depend on the IP site to be monitoring this stuff for you, it is imperative you be involved, esp if you are going to be using the products for any length of time.

This is good practice for the rest of your life too. Taking responsibility by reading labels should become part of what you do with any packaged food going forward. Use the internet to start evaluating and compare what's in fresh food as well....2 C of broccoli or 5 oz of salmon or 7 oz of turkey breast.... At some point you need to be doing that! You are your own best advocate and decision maker.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:19 PM   #60  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Trying to get over these winter blues! Besides freezing half to death, I have to drive back to school tomorrow (Which the county my school is ins currently under a level 3 snow emergency, so I can only pray that it goes down before I have to drive back) in FREEZING temps... Classes got delayed by half a week due to the impossibly cold wind chills, and so I got a few extra days of break (much appreciated)... I'm in a weird slump though, I need to get back to a routine, it will help me actually remember to stay on track (take supplements at specific times, eat all 3 packets, etc) I've been bored with being stuck at home with nothing to do over winter break, and I was always a bored eater, so I've been struggling with not wanting to go back to being that person... We are creatures of habit, so I had to make sure I stayed away from the kitchen, unless I needed to be in there, or I was in the middle of cooking a meal (SO nice to have access to a kitchen, to be able to prep my own food and cook it how I wanted it, if even only a short time!). With being sick, and TOM, I was discouraged last week when I gained less than a pound, since that hadnt happened since I started, SO, I'm hoping that getting back to school, and getting my mind back in gear, things will get better for me.
I've got my best friends wedding in a week and a half, so I'm excited for that (and frankly ready for it to be over, since I've been her 'slave of honor'). I am actually looking forward to seeing the pictures of the wedding party (that's a first).
Anyway, sorry for the long post!
Have a great week everyone!
Closed Thread