3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 12/7 - Sun 12/8/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/290372-ip-weekend-chat-sat-12-7-sun-12-8-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 12-07-2013 06:35 AM

IP Weekend Chat Sat 12/7 - Sun 12/8/2013

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

ReenHag 12-07-2013 07:46 AM

Happy Weekend!

Good morning, all, and Happy Weekend!

Wow, it has been so super busy around here that I have hardly had time to check in. I have been skimming through the various posts in the few free minutes I have had online recently, and I am so proud to see all the losses and NSV's! We have meeting goals and mini goals, baking without tasting, reaching a desired BMI level, new clothes, loose clothes, etc. Wow, so impressed with the dedication of this group!

I think it really goes to show that having this support and guidance (and place to vent) really does make the journey a bit easier. I am proud of all of you, or should I say us!!! :hohoho:

Just about finished my first week of P3, and I am truly enjoying the breakfasts. My weight has remained at goal for the first week, so i am encouraged by that. Tomorrow should be interesting- taking a day trip to Manhattan, and the weather is supposed to be yucky! We do have plans to keep us out of the weather for most of the time, but ew. I guess we have lucked out, as the past few years when we have taken this bus trip, we have had lovely weather. Oh, well. Looking forward to my first visit to the Museum of Natural History and to seeing some of the holiday displays.

Have a wonderful weekend, all!
~Renee

ssdlturtle 12-07-2013 09:04 AM

Cleaning house and doing laundry. Snow here tomorrow, not looking forward to that. Everyone keep up the good work like ReenHag says, cooking sweets not tasting. I know I cook some foods for family and don't taste, have my daughter do it. Everyone have a great weekend. congratulations Reenhag for keep same weight.

sonolady 12-07-2013 09:22 AM

Hello everyone!!! Busy weekend, still decorating, writing xmas cards, xmas day menu. Having 26 for a buffet that day. I'm trying to not go over board with all the food I prepare, every time I think I have the menu set, DH says " oh (pouts) your not making blah blah blah" . I have cut way back on the cookies and desserts.

Congrats to all the NSV's and scale movers!!!!
Sending IP POWER

slownsteady 12-07-2013 09:44 AM

Good Morning All!! A bright, but frigid morning today!:brr:

Has anyone looked into, or asked your physician/clinic about taking the supplement Garcinia Cambogia? Just wondering if anyone has done any research on it.

sarahBell 12-07-2013 10:33 AM

Good Morning everyone :)

IT is a beautifully cold day here!! I woke up to -11 outside and we have now warmed up to -9 WHOO HOOO!!! I am going shopping today, I have things to get for the house BUT I want to get a sweater dress and I have no idea why LOL.

Good Luck to everyone this weekend!

drd1961 12-07-2013 11:15 AM

I just bought a new sweater dress last week. I just love the variety that is out there. Mine has long sleeves with cabling on them and a swingy skirt!

sarahBell 12-07-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drd1961 (Post 4896116)
I just bought a new sweater dress last week. I just love the variety that is out there. Mine has long sleeves with cabling on them and a swingy skirt!

That is what I want, something that is NOT fit to tight. Where did you find yours? I need to move fast outside with little peanut because it's COLD!

Msites 12-07-2013 11:42 AM

So happy, happy, happy!!! Just measured & I have lost 14 inches in my first month :). I would LOVE to lose 65 more pounds by summer!!!

shrinkingsusie 12-07-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msites (Post 4896132)
So happy, happy, happy!!! Just measured & I have lost 14 inches in my first month :). I would LOVE to lose 65 more pounds by summer!!!

Congrats!! Stick with it and those 65 lbs and then some will have melted off by the summer no problem!!

finale 12-07-2013 12:54 PM

I love knowing that by the time summer comes things could be so different with the way one looks. I am so excited to see the scale move. I think we need to learn to focus on other things when we have a NSV. I am slowly learning that...

Thats why I love this sight.

airportchick11 12-07-2013 01:05 PM

Happy weekend all. I love that this program (and these boards especially) are teaching me to look at food differently. The hardest part for me has been not having that over stuffed feeling when I eat and realizing that satisfied feeling is 'enough'. I'm slowly coming around and in 8 weeks have already changed my views on food that I never thought possible. It's not a motivation thing for me anymore, it's a self realization that I've never had. Thanks to everyone who posts their successes and struggles, their ideas and their recipe disasters. They all help us newbies.

PurpleMomster 12-07-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finale (Post 4896170)
I love knowing that by the time summer comes things could be so different with the way one looks. I am so excited to see the scale move. I think we need to learn to focus on other things when we have a NSV. I am slowly learning that...

Thats why I love this sight.

Definitely! I love that I've stuck it out, staying 100% OP since the end of June and now, I look so different. And I'm actually looking forward to having a family portrait picture done this afternoon - something that would have made me cry just a few short months ago.

Hello everybody and happy 18 days until Christmas :D It's really cold here today - not even going to bother posting *how* cold so we're just hanging out today. A friend is coming to take some pictures of my son and I that I want to frame for my mother and sister for Christmas so that should be good.

I picked up a few things at the grocery store last night knowing that I didn't want to go out much this weekend and I found pre-cooked and cut up chicken and turkey strips with no added anything in them! There were no extra spices, sugars, anything - so excited because I can keep some for the nights when my son has hockey and I need a quick supper.

Oh and I forgot a NSV of an ironic type - I was clearing out my closet again last night and just for giggles, tried on the dress I wore when I got married (we eloped to Vegas so it was a simple white linen dress) and it fit!!! From 16 years ago before I had my son!! I think it looked better on me now than it did back then. At least it's plain and still a classic style so I can wear it in the summer, unless I lose too much by then, lol!

Checking out travel sites today - hoping to book a Mexico vacation soon. And I'm looking forward to being able to wear much smaller sized clothes this trip :)

Jo

athena4791 12-07-2013 02:44 PM

Hey everyone. I bought a dress today that is JUST barely too small for the Christmas party. I know I can get into it by the time it comes if I stay true to the program. I'm hoping the thought of getting into it will keep me from the bites licks and tastes aka BLT's. This party marks one year from the photo in my profile... I'm hoping this time I see a picture of me I won't be filled with pain and self hatred, but instead a feeling of accomplishment I can be proud of.

sarahBell 12-07-2013 02:47 PM

Teens (small rant not related to IP)

Ok I have a 15 yo. dd soon to be 16. I swear up and down teens are so freaking selfish it just floors me to no end!!!

Ok DD is having a gift exchange with her friends at school and she wants to get the person whose name she drew either a DVD or a small lamp. No biggie. She has harassed me all damn week about going to get it, she has no idea when they are going to exchange gifts, so I want to get the dang thing today to get her to shut up.

THEN every single day for the past umpteen weeks when she comes home all I hear is " did you go to the store today / Did you go any where today"
And when I tell her umm nope sorry why
I get the reply " Umm I need to restock my snack supply in my locker its getting low" this just makes me so agitated. I am so sick of hearing the words "snacks and supply" out of her mouth. The reason to stock pile food in her teeny tiny locker is that the school runs out of food during lunch leaving kids with nothing to eat and this includes her and her friends. I have called the district office more than once demanding that the lunch ladies take a census of about how many kids maybe eating durng her lunch period. BUT they will not do it. I have talked to other moms who have called and requested the same thing but it falls on deaf ears.

I informed her that I am not running a vending machine business and that she needs to stop givng her locker combo to other kids to help themselves to "snacks" in her locker. I makes me so furious, and if she gets zero lunch then she comes home b!tchier than when she left!

What in the heck can I say or do, I am just at the end of my rope on this!