3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 12/7 - Sun 12/8/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/290372-ip-weekend-chat-sat-12-7-sun-12-8-2013-a.html)

ssdlturtle 12-07-2013 02:47 PM

That's GREAT Purplemomster to get into dress again, I know I am a nurse and had outgrown a lot of my uniforms the other night I went through my uniforms and was able to go down 2 sizes. It was great- have clothing down to size 12 as am bad about getting rid of cloths but getting rid of bigger cloths as this is life long. Every one have a great afternoon! You are all great supporters-love reading forum

44forever 12-07-2013 03:40 PM

ssldturtle and Purplemonster, I am with you. I can't wait until I start trying on the 16 and 14 jeans and they fit!! I am the same. I have everything i bags according to the size and I can't wait to start ripping some open.

I had my W4 WI today and I am down another 4.8lbs and 4". So very happy with the progress. I really feel that I am going to slide right thru the holiday season without cheating. I just want to keep seeing those large decreases in weight and I cannot jeopardize it for a cookie. I can have a cookie when this is all over and I am at at comfortable weight.:carrot::carrot:

I am not sure what would be a comfortable weight for me at this point. I have been over 200lbs for close to 20 years now so I think that anything under 200lbs would be heaven.......but I hope that I keep it up after that point.

Has anyone else had that dilemma? Not knowing when to stop? Does it just come to you or does everyone go with the ideal weight for your age/height?

finale 12-07-2013 03:42 PM

Thanks PurpleMomster enjoy the pictures today and thanks for the encouraging words of staying OP

lighthouse101 12-07-2013 04:12 PM

Hi all,

Great to hear all your NSV's with getting into lovely smaller clothes! I logged another 1.6 at my WI this am, and am happy to keep seeing that downward trend! Now that I'm past the halfway point, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel! I'm starting to think about plans for when I reach my goal - the rewards I have in mind are some lovely new things from VS and a new bathing suit! As other posters have mentioned, those kinds of thoughts and plans make me feel stronger about getting through this holiday season 100% OP.

Jenny38 12-07-2013 04:57 PM

Happy weekend all,

Great loses and NSV's posted:carrot:

44forever - thanks for your reply last night. I with being sick I did slow down with the gym last week and had a 9 .5 lbs drop, bigger than week 1 of IP. I will talk to the gym and slow down cardio and add the extra packs more consistently.

mckaren4 12-07-2013 06:53 PM

It snowed last night 5.5 inches and we rarely get snow here in Redding CA
So that's big news! Prior to starting ip I had lost 30 lbs this year and have been happy all my winter coats and sweaters are now 2-3 sizes too big- guess I will be shopping for some used coats because I expect to have the same issue next year and I don't want to spend too much on this temporary size. I am happy for the non scale victory-not so happy about not having anything to wear! Its all a good problem to have!!!

shrinkingsusie 12-07-2013 07:10 PM

Well our guests should be arriving soon. Tones of food in here but I have some chocolate soy puffs and a very bountiful vegetable platter to keep me OP. And of course some pickles.

Hope everyone has a great night! I will check back in in the morning.

coloradogirl 12-07-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahBell (Post 4896100)
Good Morning everyone :)

IT is a beautifully cold day here!! I woke up to -11 outside and we have now warmed up to -9 WHOO HOOO!!! I am going shopping today, I have things to get for the house BUT I want to get a sweater dress and I have no idea why LOL.

Good Luck to everyone this weekend!

Shopping is one of the best parts about losing weight! I hope you found a great one!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msites (Post 4896132)
So happy, happy, happy!!! Just measured & I have lost 14 inches in my first month :). I would LOVE to lose 65 more pounds by summer!!!

You can absolutely do that. As Dak told me, you have the tools and knowledge all you have to do it make it happen :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by athena4791 (Post 4896212)
Hey everyone. I bought a dress today that is JUST barely too small for the Christmas party. I know I can get into it by the time it comes if I stay true to the program. I'm hoping the thought of getting into it will keep me from the bites licks and tastes aka BLT's. This party marks one year from the photo in my profile... I'm hoping this time I see a picture of me I won't be filled with pain and self hatred, but instead a feeling of accomplishment I can be proud of.

Great idea! Maybe you should take a pic of yourself in the dress now and then again in two weeks. I take before and afters of myself kind of a ridiculous amount... but it helps me to look at what I have achieved, that I am making a real difference and I can keep going! You have done SO much, I bet you will look beautiful!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahBell (Post 4896213)
Ok I have a 15 yo. dd soon to be 16. I swear up and down teens are so freaking selfish it just floors me to no end!!!

Ok DD is having a gift exchange with her friends at school and she wants to get the person whose name she drew either a DVD or a small lamp. No biggie. She has harassed me all damn week about going to get it, she has no idea when they are going to exchange gifts, so I want to get the dang thing today to get her to shut up.

THEN every single day for the past umpteen weeks when she comes home all I hear is " did you go to the store today / Did you go any where today"
And when I tell her umm nope sorry why
I get the reply " Umm I need to restock my snack supply in my locker its getting low" this just makes me so agitated. I am so sick of hearing the words "snacks and supply" out of her mouth. The reason to stock pile food in her teeny tiny locker is that the school runs out of food during lunch leaving kids with nothing to eat and this includes her and her friends. I have called the district office more than once demanding that the lunch ladies take a census of about how many kids maybe eating durng her lunch period. BUT they will not do it. I have talked to other moms who have called and requested the same thing but it falls on deaf ears.

I informed her that I am not running a vending machine business and that she needs to stop givng her locker combo to other kids to help themselves to "snacks" in her locker. I makes me so furious, and if she gets zero lunch then she comes home b!tchier than when she left!

What in the heck can I say or do, I am just at the end of my rope on this!

Sounds rough! I don't have any children so I don't have any good advice. My mother used to tell me all the time that I was spoiled, I thought the world revolved around me, all hail queen Breanna, etc. etc. And I always thought she was just talking nonsense, just like all teenagers think their mothers do! I have no doubt that my mother felt at the end of the rope with me. I was rude, entitled, and just all around unpleasant. The world humbled me. My mother loved me without carrying me and I think it's the reason I am the person I am, and why we are so close now. she let me make some really stupid mistakes but I cleaned up my act real quick! Best of luck!!!! Your sweet little girl is in there somewhere! lol!! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4896320)
Well our guests should be arriving soon. Tones of food in here but I have some chocolate soy puffs and a very bountiful vegetable platter to keep me OP. And of course some pickles.

Hope everyone has a great night! I will check back in in the morning.

You are awesomely strong! What an inspiration you are!

How I wish there was an IP community in my town where we could get together for OP meals, swap packets, etc! What a great thing that would be!

Well folks I am on day 3 of my reboot. I went to the mall and had a large salad from stake & bake with some italian dressing. It had sugar in it so I'm worried. However I was feeling a bit dizzy and not sure I would have been able to shove it down without dressing. I'm feeling nauseous a tired today. Company christmas party is in about an hour... if Fiance hadnt asked to go into work late for it I probably would skip it and just go to bed. There will be abundant food and drinks so I'm here to stone my resolve against any BLTs! Happy everyone seems to be having good days for the most part. I am so thankful for this community. :hug:

drd1961 12-07-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahBell (Post 4896120)
That is what I want, something that is NOT fit to tight. Where did you find yours? I need to move fast outside with little peanut because it's COLD!

I found it at Bergners. Normally they are too pricey, but prices are dirt cheap right now, so I went ahead and bought it. I am wearing it to the company party to remind myself that I am fitting in a small because I am NOT eating all the carbs and alcohol!

drd1961 12-07-2013 07:53 PM

Well I have a choral concert Monday night and tried on my black pants and they don't fit. So went out shopping to find a pair...size 8, thankyouverymuch!

So good to get down to 8's again. I have some jeans that size that are still too small, but am hoping by Christmas I will be there.

schenectady 12-07-2013 08:06 PM

OK - so here is a weird, but OK NSV.

Went in for my annual mammogram. Same office each year but different technician, a really sweet young woman. I am in that infernal robe and she is setting up the machine. As she is beginning to get the X-ray plates ready, I hear her ask "have you lost a lot of weight recently?"

Proudly, I tell her yes and how much. Then I am wondering how she knew or why she asked. Then her voice from the back side of the machine says
"I just looked your X-rays from last year and they were much bigger. I am going to have to use smaller breast plates"!

So, I guess that is the good news/bad news sort of funny story. So someone in the medical profession was able to tell I had lost a lot of weight but it was because my chest was so much smaller!

Hiker88 12-07-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4896341)
OK - so here is a weird, but OK NSV.

Went in for my annual mammogram. Same office each year but different technician, a really sweet young woman. I am in that infernal robe and she is setting up the machine. As she is beginning to get the X-ray plates ready, I hear her ask "have you lost a lot of weight recently?"

Proudly, I tell her yes and how much. Then I am wondering how she knew or why she asked. Then her voice from the back side of the machine says
"I just looked your X-rays from last year and they were much bigger. I am going to have to use smaller breast plates"!

So, I guess that is the good news/bad news sort of funny story. So someone in the medical profession was able to tell I had lost a lot of weight but it was because my chest was so much smaller!

LOL! Thanks for sharing! LOL!

sarita75 12-07-2013 09:52 PM

Hi all. Just checking in. Been a busy few days and late nights working (trial coming up) and have been burning the proverbial candle at both ends. Founds myself feeling snacky at 1:00 a.m. last night as I was working. I had an IP snack and got myself determined to be in bed shortly thereafter. I have not been exercising so I feel 'eh'. Anyhow .... I wish I had more holiday cheer but this trial is sucking it out of me. Feels like so much in the balance on it.

Alas, and onwards and upwards. Can't wait to be in Tahoe snowboarding for a few days around Christmas.

Be well all!

KnitSewSpin 12-07-2013 10:28 PM

Hey all,
Went Christmas shopping with hubby this afternoon. It was nice to spend time with him sans kids. This year we have decided to scale way back. We have four kids so we want to have them get each other presents and we are only getting them three things each, plus stocking stuffers. I usually go hog wild and buy them way too much stuff. It's not the kind of thing we want to teach them so we are focusing more on family time this year. It is very freeing, actually.

I had a very big dizzy spell at the mall. We did a LOT of walking and I was feeling very out of it. We went to REI and I bought some beef jerky. Tried to get as low carb as I could. Then we went to a restaurant with great steaks and salads. Yummy.

My sitter baked Christmas cookies with the kids. Hooray!

And I have just one more comment. Omega burps.......GROSS!

SkinnyChiz 12-07-2013 10:30 PM

Hope everyone is staying warm ! Hoping this cold weather moves on quickly. I decided to stay inside and make up some delicious IP recipes!
Hope everyone is staying focused and on track. Xmas is right around the corner.
My next WI is monday. This will be the first time I was a away on IP. As long as I lost a bit or stayed the same I will be fine.
Happy weekend everyone