3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 11/29/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/290151-ip-daily-chat-friday-11-29-2013-a.html)

Jenny38 11-29-2013 05:53 PM

Great loses and it sounds like everyone had a pretty successful Thanksgiving.

I'm down 3 lbs this week and was hoping to lose the cold I have. Hopefully a quiet weekend will do the trick.

nolasmurf 11-29-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 4891840)
Not sure if this is going to work, but hubby and I went shopping today so I could try to find some sweaters/ work clothes that fit. When we came home, I was trying on clothes for my daughter to get her opinion. She started bringing me some of her clothes to try on; we were laughing and having fun! It was like I was her dress-up doll! She even had me try on her prom dress (and it fit)! She took some pics of me, and I decided to use one to make a before/ after picture. Hope you like it!

~Renee

whooo hooo Renee you look AWESOME!

slownsteady 11-29-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4891749)
Good Morning all. Hope everyone's celebrations went well. We had a nice time w our family. One cousin made some very insensitive remarks about me not eating the food that was so time consuming to cook and how that was disrespectful of his wife and mother in law. However I politely responded w the MIL and Wife knew my concerns and that's why I brought dishes for everyone that I could eat! Mind you he's over 300 lbs and refuses to eat veggies!

Way to be strong and great comeback! You are doing awesome! :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deana509 (Post 4891806)
Good afternoon all of you wonderful IPers!
With the holiday here I still managed to melt off 1.8 lbs!....Tomorrow I get to try on my maid of honor dress for my best friends wedding, and since my best friend wanted to order it based on my "current" measurements, its already going to be a little lose, since I lost at least 2 inches off my hips, and maybe a few more (Haven't done measurements in awhile) since she measured me 3 weeks ago....

Hope you are ready to get some alterations done, because you will need it! Isn't that a nice feeling? Great job!! :carrot:

44forever 11-29-2013 10:26 PM

Congrats to all the US IP'ers for staying OP. It was a big feat and you did it!

Renee you look great. You are a new person!

Had my WI today. Very happy...down 4.4 lbs and 5.25 inches....woot woot!!

coloradogirl 11-29-2013 11:28 PM

Hello IPers! I am so happy to see all of the progress going on here!

I'm here to repent. I'm restarting with the IP packets I have tomorrow morning and getting more during the week. I'm so disappointing in myself. I am the problem. I didn't phase off. I just jumped back into my bad old habits and guess where it got me... my bad old self. Back up to 180 lbs and miserable, never wanting to see the people i love, never want to be intimate, feel uncomfortable ALL the time. I am very excited to get into day 1 tomorrow.

I feel that I am using Ideal Protein to treat my symptoms and not my problems.
Girls (and boys), how have you really gotten your good habits to stick? When I'm on IP, I find myself constantly looking forward to hitting that *magic* number so I can have _______ again. I make all sorts of excuses for myself. I justify wants as needs. I'd love any advice from those of you that feel you've really gained control and changed the way you think about eating. Maybe I should see a therapist?

Thank you! Once again I'm so excited about the wins I'm seeing from faces old and new :)

-Breanna

sarita75 11-30-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coloradogirl (Post 4892003)

I'm here to repent. I'm restarting with the IP packets I have tomorrow morning and getting more during the week. I'm so disappointing in myself. I am the problem. I didn't phase off. I just jumped back into my bad old habits and guess where it got me... my bad old self. Back up to 180 lbs and miserable, never wanting to see the people i love, never want to be intimate, feel uncomfortable ALL the time. I am very excited to get into day 1 tomorrow.

Girls (and boys), how have you really gotten your good habits to stick? When I'm on IP, I find myself constantly looking forward to hitting that *magic* number so I can have _______ again. I make all sorts of excuses for myself. I justify wants as needs. I'd love any advice from those of you that feel you've really gained control and changed the way you think about eating. Maybe I should see a therapist?

Thank you! Once again I'm so excited about the wins I'm seeing from faces old and new :)

-Breanna

Welcome back Breanna. I am sorry you are back, but at least you are taking control of what you need to do. Be strong and carry on with your journey!

SkinnyChiz 11-30-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coloradogirl (Post 4892003)

-Breanna

Actual I think if our head isn't right we will never sucessfully keep the weight off. There's lots of good info out there on emotional eating. There's an app you can get and refer to when your hungry. It asks you a few questions to determine what is making you feel this way. IT was mentioned in another forum. It's called pocket hunger.
It's really good. You can't beat yourself up too much. You need to just get back on the program and focus. My reward to my self is money.....$10 per lb. I think that's pretty easy. I thought of the 200 dollars a week on eating out I was spending.
I made myself a dream board of exactly what my goals were for the next year. It wasn't just about the weight.

I wish you luck ! :cheer3:

idahogirl4 11-30-2013 03:04 AM

Hey everyone. I just wanted to jump in and say hello. Today (Friday) is/was my first day on the program. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I look forward to talking to you guys about our successes!

Ruth Ann 11-30-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 4891840)
Not sure if this is going to work, but hubby and I went shopping today so I could try to find some sweaters/ work clothes that fit. When we came home, I was trying on clothes for my daughter to get her opinion. She started bringing me some of her clothes to try on; we were laughing and having fun! It was like I was her dress-up doll! She even had me try on her prom dress (and it fit)! She took some pics of me, and I decided to use one to make a before/ after picture. Hope you like it!

~Renee

Looking good Renee!

Quote:

Originally Posted by idahogirl4 (Post 4892035)
Hey everyone. I just wanted to jump in and say hello. Today (Friday) is/was my first day on the program. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I look forward to talking to you guys about our successes!

Welcome Idahogirl! There's so much support and information on this board - you'll do great!