Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 11/29/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #2  

Experience has shown the best ways to stay on the plan is to pre-plan.

What are your plans for staying OP today?

From Beck Daily Diet Solutions:
If you think, “I just want to eat spontaneously,” remind yourself that if you make spontaneous decisions and get off track with your eating (and in-the-moment decisions are the hardest ones to make!), the only thing it will do is make you feel badly. Because of this, eating spontaneously will not make you feel good, even if you think it will.

Remember, if we fail to plan, we plan to fail.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #3  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday!

I was so thrilled and proud of myself and hubby at having a very successful experience with family last night! Steamed shrimp and veggies for appetizers, then turkey and mashed turnips for dinner and a bar for dessert. I also sipped water and 0/0/0 mock-tails all night!

My plan to stay OP today is similar to a weekend-just making sure to have everything ready so there are no surprises. That is how I have best dealt with P1. I had my chocolate soy cereal for breakfast. Since we had Thanksgiving out, we don't have the temptation of leftovers. However, hubby roasted us a turkey since we are both on P2, so I will have that and the leftover mashed turnips that he made me for lunch. He has whipped up some on-plan chili for dinner (no beans), so dinner will be ready in a few hours. Just will add a salad and some extra vegs.

That turkey should last us through the weekend. I am already planning phase three breakfasts! Cannot wait to try some of the recipes in the P3 breakfast thread!

I am hoping to go to Kohls to try on some clothes later. Not sure what their clothing sales are going to be like, but I do need some sweaters for this chilly weather. I have found tons of short-sleeved shirts at Goodwill, but not many warm shirts, so I might have to break down and buy myself some new ones.

Have a good day, all!

~Renee
Old 11-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #4  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Good Morning all. Hope everyone's celebrations went well. We had a nice time w our family. One cousin made some very insensitive remarks about me not eating the food that was so time consuming to cook and how that was disrespectful of his wife and mother in law. However I politely responded w the MIL and Wife knew my concerns and that's why I brought dishes for everyone that I could eat! Mind you he's over 300 lbs and refuses to eat veggies! Childish. Anyway it's back to work for me todays frog voice and all.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #5  
Started IP 10/30/13

S/C/G: 273/248/150

Height: 5'1"

Just got to work and am about to make a chocolate drink and realize I forgot my shaker at home! Ahhh! Anyone ever try to just stir to mix their packet?
Old 11-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #6  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Roxy if you have a cup with a lid use that and a handful of ice. The ice will help mix up the powder. I've had to to that several times lol.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #7  
Started IP 10/30/13

S/C/G: 273/248/150

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Roxy if you have a cup with a lid use that and a handful of ice. The ice will help mix up the powder. I've had to to that several times lol.
I ended up having to use an empty water bottle, it was my only cup with a lid! lol And no measurements to go off of, but it got the job done Thanks!
Old 11-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #8  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon all of you wonderful IPers!
With the holiday here (fighting the urge to eat off plan), and with Aunt flo dropping in unexpectedly early, I still managed to melt off 1.8 lbs! I'm hoping next week will be better, since I'm still slightly bloated from TOM...
I'm so glad that my grandma left all of the veggies with me so I could bring them to my sister's house while I'm staying here for the rest of the week (They have no veggies, or plain protein here at the house, so I am living off of left over turkey and the raw veggies we cut up at grandma's house).
Tomorrow I get to try on my maid of honor dress for my best friends wedding, and since my best friend wanted to order it based on my "current" measurements, its already going to be a little lose, since I lost at least 2 inches off my hips, and maybe a few more (Haven't done measurements in awhile) since she measured me 3 weeks ago....
Happy Friday everyone!
Old 11-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 275/239/175

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! I made through my first Thanksgiving staying OP. I did not crave or want any of the traditional food. I did want some dessert but I was satisfied with just smelling it. I just proved to myself that I am stronger than I thought around some of my favorite foods.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #10  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzroxy814 View Post
I ended up having to use an empty water bottle, it was my only cup with a lid! lol And no measurements to go off of, but it got the job done Thanks!
That's actually a great "on the go" trick. Drink some water out of the bottle and dump a packet in. Use to do that all the time.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Good Morning all. Hope everyone's celebrations went well. We had a nice time w our family. One cousin made some very insensitive remarks about me not eating the food that was so time consuming to cook and how that was disrespectful of his wife and mother in law. However I politely responded w the MIL and Wife knew my concerns and that's why I brought dishes for everyone that I could eat! Mind you he's over 300 lbs and refuses to eat veggies! Childish. Anyway it's back to work for me todays frog voice and all.
Wow, how insensitive. Some people, really. Hope work treats you well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Good afternoon all of you wonderful IPers!
With the holiday here (fighting the urge to eat off plan), and with Aunt flo dropping in unexpectedly early, I still managed to melt off 1.8 lbs! I'm hoping next week will be better, since I'm still slightly bloated from TOM...
I'm so glad that my grandma left all of the veggies with me so I could bring them to my sister's house while I'm staying here for the rest of the week (They have no veggies, or plain protein here at the house, so I am living off of left over turkey and the raw veggies we cut up at grandma's house).
Tomorrow I get to try on my maid of honor dress for my best friends wedding, and since my best friend wanted to order it based on my "current" measurements, its already going to be a little lose, since I lost at least 2 inches off my hips, and maybe a few more (Haven't done measurements in awhile) since she measured me 3 weeks ago....
Happy Friday everyone!
Glad you have a plan for staying OP at your sister's house. Your grandma sounds super supportive! Have fun trying on your dress. How exciting to see how loose it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesparz View Post
Good morning! I made through my first Thanksgiving staying OP. I did not crave or want any of the traditional food. I did want some dessert but I was satisfied with just smelling it. I just proved to myself that I am stronger than I thought around some of my favorite foods.
Way to go! I felt pretty much the same last night at dinner. Some of the desserts were tempting, but not too bad. We are definitely strong!
Old 11-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #12  

Default Before/ after pic

Not sure if this is going to work, but hubby and I went shopping today so I could try to find some sweaters/ work clothes that fit. When we came home, I was trying on clothes for my daughter to get her opinion. She started bringing me some of her clothes to try on; we were laughing and having fun! It was like I was her dress-up doll! She even had me try on her prom dress (and it fit)! She took some pics of me, and I decided to use one to make a before/ after picture. Hope you like it!

~Renee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (35.0 KB, 59 views)
Old 11-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

ReenHag: You look great!
Old 11-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Renee- you look fabulous! Your legs are tiny. Congratulations, you are an inspiration to keep going.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #15  

ReenHag: cute! Great progress pics!
Closed Thread