finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

what is chicken ala king pottage
Old 11-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #47  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for the suggestions I will try to eat more fish and stick to my exercise routine....
Old 11-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #48  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Hi all! I totally agree with Lisa on the "small losses" thing - a loss is a loss to me but I also understand the slightly defeated feeling of "only" losing a little when you were expecting more. When I feel that, I try to pick up one of my 1 or 2lbs hand weights and say to myself, this is what you lost and it's never coming back so celebrate that!

Very relaxing day today - we have nothing on, no hockey games or practices and I'm not going to a Grey Cup party this year (too difficult when most of the food is stuff I can't have so I backed out this year) so it's a pajama day today

Tomorrow morning is the final WI for the Biggest Loser challenge at work. It's currently tied between myself and one other person for the lead - I'd love to win (the competitive side of me!) but I'm also happy to have lost 25+lbs in the 10 weeks we've been doing this. I'll let you all know the results tomorrow. We're already planning the next one for January.

I love US Thanksgiving even though I'm Canadian! To me, it's a sign it's time for me to put up the decorations and the tree - yay! I even buy a turkey breast every year to cook that day - silly, I know.

Happy Sunday!
Jo
Best of luck on your BL Challenge at work! We did that a few years ago, and my boss won. However, we all reaped benefits!

I love your "pajama day"! Sundays are usually pj day for me, too. I do lesson plans, grade, do laundry, and just get ready for the week, plus a little relaxing. Enjoy your turkey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Happy pajama day, Jo! I am in my Jammies too! It is 20 degrees out with 43 mph winds- staying inside today,even though I should go grocery shopping. (Which explains why I am on the board so much today)

I think your mini US turkey day is a sweet tradition. I like the separation between Thanksgiving and Christmas too! But retailers and big business are really pushing it here in the US. We haven't even eaten the turkey and I have people in my neighborhood with Christmas lights up and on. Saw Santa Claus at a business in my small town yesterday. We just seem to rush everything. Maybe, I am being too traditional,but that is how I feel.

Good Luck tomorrow on your BL contest. Hope that you win!
Oh, my, these winds today! I am in MD, but our weather is very similar to yours! I think it is time to move South, especially since my layer of insulation is much smaller...

I, too, cannot stand the early Christmas/ holiday stuff. Just let me enjoy Thanksgiving first, thanks. The Christmas season starts for me when I see Mr. Claus arrive at the end of the Macy's parade. I cry every year! I do plan on decorating on Friday; that is one of our traditions, and my daughter and I love it! We will have all the music on then and sing, dance, and decorate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Oh me too!
I may get out some decorations next weekend but there will be no rush to the stores...actually I shop for gifts for people through the year so I can enjoy my holiday weekends stress-free.

I have recently walked out of businesses that are playing Christmas music before Thanksgiving. I just can't take it! (especially the ones that started it right after Halloween!)

Next weekend will be our at-home weekend and all of my non-online purchase will be from small retailers, rather than big-box stores. I'm supporting small business!
I so agree! While I love holiday music, and I will admit to listening to it at times in July, I can't stand being inundated with it 24-7. I don't shop much, but I am trying to stay local (as much as possible) this season. There are some cute stores downtown (in my little town) that I can't wait to check out. Shopping online also helps with stress levels, and on a teacher salary, you can't beat some of the deals! I just mostly look forward to creating some new memories- baking with my mom and daughter, spending time with my nieces, having my grandparents still around, and having a mother-daughter dinner with my sis and mom for her birthday. Time is truly the best gift!
Old 11-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #49  

You guy's are great for support, it really helped me the other day. Only second time posting, but just wanted to let you know it helps and gives everyone support.

I agree any pound off is great.

Have a GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON!!!!
Old 11-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 403/376/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
It's a thick IP soup. Weird name but quite delightful.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Anybody hear from PrincessPeacock lately?

I tried to PM her but couldn't.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

W2 WI was Friday (actually it was suppose to be Saturday but this was the only appt they had). I lost .8lbs/1.5 inches.

It took me a few days to sent an update on my results for this week because I have had mixed feelings about the loss. I have been reading thru the threads all weekend and they helped a lot.

Be all end all, I am in it for the long haul this time so I have to get use to the ups and downs. Thanks for all the posts about this topic, they really helped.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 275/239/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
Today was the first day I had the Chicken a la King Pottage and it was good. I has corn, mushrooms, and noddles in it. I have to say one of my favorites so far. I don't like mushrooms but this was still good.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 281/265/150

Height: 5' 5"

So my husband & I are doing this together. I feel myself getting discouraged because he is doing so much better than me, losing more weight & it seems like it comes much easier to him. I feel horrible for feeling this way, anyone else have the same issue?
Old 11-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #55  

Height: 5'2

http://inovacure.com/en/

Anyone heard of this? Found it at Modern Beauty in Calgary. Looks to be very similar to IP. The boxes of food were around $17-20. Looks like it could be a cheaper alternative. I will continue to do IP with a coach for now because I need the accountability.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #56  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
US Thanksgiving is this Thursday, but thanks so much for the early good wishes!

Some families start celebrating early since there are so many groups to celebrate with in this age of remarriages, grown children celebrating with both sides/etc.

I have many friends who are having a dinner this weekend and then at least one dinner Thursday, with more through next weekend.

I'm grateful we have ONE meal we have committed to (invites from friends were respectfully declined, since they occurred at the same time as the family gathering) and then we'll roast our own turkey next Friday at home (LEFTOVERS!)
I had no idea, thanks. We always celebrate on a Sunday and much earlier in October.
You sound like you have a great meal coming up. Enjoy!
Old 11-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #57  
Back at It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
I try not to go by my home scale but I couldn't help stepping on since today is technically my full 5 weeks on IP. It said 160.2. The 150's are so close!!!Woohoo! Going for brunch with a bunch of old coworkers today. Planning on having steak and eggs with veggies. Should be a great day. Happy Thanksgiving to all you 'mericans today
Wow, congrats! Wishing I was in the 150's!!
Old 11-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #58  
Back at It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Hi all! I totally agree with Lisa on the "small losses" thing - a loss is a loss to me but I also understand the slightly defeated feeling of "only" losing a little when you were expecting more. When I feel that, I try to pick up one of my 1 or 2lbs hand weights and say to myself, this is what you lost and it's never coming back so celebrate that!

Very relaxing day today - we have nothing on, no hockey games or practices and I'm not going to a Grey Cup party this year (too difficult when most of the food is stuff I can't have so I backed out this year) so it's a pajama day today

Tomorrow morning is the final WI for the Biggest Loser challenge at work. It's currently tied between myself and one other person for the lead - I'd love to win (the competitive side of me!) but I'm also happy to have lost 25+lbs in the 10 weeks we've been doing this. I'll let you all know the results tomorrow. We're already planning the next one for January.

I love US Thanksgiving even though I'm Canadian! To me, it's a sign it's time for me to put up the decorations and the tree - yay! I even buy a turkey breast every year to cook that day - silly, I know.

Happy Sunday!
Jo
Best of luck on the Biggest loser challenge! You can do this! Your stats are so so close to mine..awesome. I have lost 30 in nine weeks.
Pj day is good..too cold today to be in anything light. I had to go tanning just because it was about -10 here and freezing. I also start putting my decorations up around this week. Turkey yum! Hard to believe Christmas is coming so soon. I am going to a big party next weekend and it is a potluck. There will be so much food there I won't be able to eat. I'm gonna bring a chicken salad.. I'll probably eat only that.
Closed Thread