Old 11-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #1  

Default What is going on with me?

Hey folks,

So I've been coming to this forum for a little while now, ever since my restart, but never posted. Whats going on with my weight loss is a bit perplexing, so I'm wondering if any of you have had similar experiences.

A little background, I'm a 25yo male, former college football player, that shot up to damn near 300 pounds at 5'10" after kidney problems forced me to quit football. That was 5 years ago.

I started Oct. 6, at 291. I was 256.6 this morning. Body fat has dropped from 47% to 38%, Muscle mass has increased from 29% to 32.1%.

Basically, whats going on is I haven't lost ANY inches around my waist, manboobs, or thorax in 3 weeks. I've lost pounds, but the pounds of body fat I've lost has been greater than my overall weight loss. Normally I'd chalk that up to water weight, but since I was already drinking a couple gallons of water a day to try to prevent massive kidney stones from forming, I refuse to believe I've put on 8 pounds of water weight (and kept it on). I've also lost about 6 pounds of muscle mass.

So, in a nutshell, I'm losing more pounds of body fat than total pounds, losing some muscle mass, and not losing inches. I can't help but think this can't be right.

I've had a few slip ups, but not for 3 weeks at least.

Any ideas?
RamblinRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #2  

Hello and welcome

First of all, FYI the body comp scales are notoriously inaccurate. View the trends (water & lean mass for example) and view weekly numbers with a grain of salt.

Secondly, we don't get to pick where the weight comes off. It could be coming off in areas not being measured or very smoothly from everywhere but not enough to measure as an "inch" from anywhere in specific.

Hang in there...it all works out in the end.

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-21-2013 at 02:31 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I assume your kidney problems are mostly a thing of the past. Or do you know the cause of the problem? Otherwise, from a female point of view I had a lot of trouble getting rid of my pouch. It is coming off now, but abdominal fat can be quite resistant to weight loss. Maybe check your testosterone levels.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote