3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat 11/21/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289945-ip-daily-chat-11-21-2013-a.html)

finale 11-21-2013 02:04 PM

Qwest bars, what is the formula to determine IP qualified?

Beautsmc 11-21-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meeshellee (Post 4887798)
How did it taste?

Well, I have had worse things to eat, but I wouldn't get excited about it. It needed to be over rice...lol...there is a lot of sauce there and not a great deal of chicken. I would keep one on hand for emergencies (especially since my clinic charges the same for them as for all other packets) but I would much rather have my own protein..

IdealProteinNewbie 11-21-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautsmc (Post 4887803)
Well, I have had worse things to eat, but I wouldn't get excited about it. It needed to be over rice...lol...there is a lot of sauce there and not a great deal of chicken. I would keep one on hand for emergencies (especially since my clinic charges the same for them as for all other packets) but I would much rather have my own protein..

Haha, I agree. It's good for an emergency but I'd rather have real chicken. It's decent over cauliflower rice!

finale 11-21-2013 02:11 PM

I'm at work and my notebook with the notes in it are at home....I promise I won't ask again...

Meeshellee 11-21-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautsmc (Post 4887803)

Maybe I will get one and hang onto it in the event of an earthquake. LOL

nolasmurf 11-21-2013 02:40 PM

At least 12 grams of Protein
Calories between 70-160
Unrestricted is 8 or less net carbs
Restricted is 9+ net carbs
30% or less calories from fat
No aspartame

finale 11-21-2013 02:41 PM

Thanks nolasmurf

nolasmurf 11-21-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finale (Post 4887806)
I'm at work and my notebook with the notes in it are at home....I promise I won't ask again...

At least 12+ grams of protein
Calories between 70-160
Unrestricted is 8 or less net carbs
Restricted is 9+ net carbs
30% or less calories from fat
No aspartame

FYI if you have a smartphone I suggest taking a pic of the list and saving it on your phone. That's what I do so I also have it with me.

yespositively 11-21-2013 02:45 PM

That's very interesting information nolasmurf! By those calculations the cinnamon roll flavor is actually unrestricted (7g carbs).

nolasmurf 11-21-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yespositively (Post 4887844)
That's very interesting information nolasmurf! By those calculations the cinnamon roll flavor is actually unrestricted (7g carbs).

Thanks but I can't take credit. I got it from a list that LamberJules shared. Check out her website LamberJules.com. She's got some great recipes and insight..

lisa32989 11-21-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yespositively (Post 4887844)

Actually, more than cinnamon roll (at least the Chocolate Peanut Butter and the Strawberry Cheesecake, as well)

However be careful! They tend to stall me if I have more than 1/day. I know others with the same issue. YMMV

yespositively 11-21-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4887846)
Actually, more than cinnamon roll (at least the Chocolate Peanut Butter and the Strawberry Cheesecake, as well)

However be careful! They tend to stall me if I have more than 1/day. I know others with the same issue. YMMV

Thanks for the heads up. I prefer the IP drinks, so when I want to *chew* on something, a Quest bar hits the spot. My coach was crabby about it but I don't want to give them up.

On that note, I think today is a 4 packet day. For some reason I am dying of hunger. Probably because I just sat in a meeting where everyone was eating Pot Belly sandwiches and chips... hmm...

Suchawittygal 11-21-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vachinyc (Post 4887499)
Good morning all: I'm doing some work travel to finish out the week. Had to pack a larger bag to include packet and bar options, a shaker, water bottle, RTDs... Hilarious but I feel prepared.

It's interesting now that I notice these things...some gas station shops now carry those big dill pickles, boiled eggs...sometimes even things like EAS drinks. IP friendly :)

Last night I had dinner at a nice steakhouse. They grilled some zucchini/squash for me and I had a yummy steak and a salad. I was a bit wistful of the red wine but happy to drink water/hot tea and sleep better without it.

Just did my two strength training exercises in the hotel room, had my coffee, and getting ready to drink my breakfast.

I am thrilled that this diet is doable "on the road".

Happy Thursday all.

GREAT JOB!!! :carrot: With a little planning, this program is definitely doable on the road. I travel A LOT for my job and always take my packets, shaker, and bars with me. My coworkers have just come to expect it from me :D and choose restaurants that are IP friendly.

sarita75 11-21-2013 03:40 PM

Wow congrats to all!!

Happy Thursday to everyone. Plugging away here - just working and getting ready to head to AZ tomorrow to meet my boyfriend's entire family for the weekend. Wish me luck!

44forever 11-21-2013 04:17 PM

Evening everyone.......congrats on today's weight loss winners!

Tomorrow is W2 WI. I have to WI a day earlier due to appt timings but I don't mind.

I want to thank everyone on this thread for all the info that you share everyday. I am having fun trying the recipes that everyone posted...I have a whole binder full of them now and I have emailed them to my sissy who just started OP yesterday. We both love to cook and bake so it feels good to create dishes with the food vice just open the pack and eat it. What's nice about the packets is that I won't always feel like cooking so on those days I CAN just open up a packet, mix it with water and bob's your uncle.

Man I hope I continue to stay focused on my goal..........:cloud9: