Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #31  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Lizzy63, I think with time that your body's metabolism gets too used to your eating and exercise and slows down. The exercise experts keep saying to vary your workouts and to vary your intensity. This is hard to do when you are working at just getting the exercise in!
In Refuse to Regain she comments that a previously overweight person actually burns less calories doing the same exercise as a never overweight person. Our metabolisms have definitely been altered.
In the State of Thin she talks about revving up your metabolism with mini high protein meals.
Working on up pounds is part of maintenance. I am glad you are on your way to a one year anniversary!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

dak1lls There are many foods that I can't stomach anymore, I just do not miss pasta where I used to have it weekly. I do indulge in a hamburger on fun day but will take off half the bun. I can stomach 'some' wheat just not a lot of it.

lisa totally get it on keeping stuff out of the house. I started maintenance in May but it wasn't until that Christmas that chocolate was allowed to 'stay' in the house. I remember saying to VIP "ok, so there is left over chocolate and I think I'll put it in the cupboard and see if I can stay away"...that chocolate is still in the cupboard.

lizzy WOOT WOOT for one year in maintenance! Way to go! !!

lolo I always get sinus infections and I'm a HUGE fan of the netipot. But I'm also a fan of advil cold and sinus with antihistamine (which I can't have lol)...getting really tired of being 'sick' as I'm on my second round of antibodics.

maile I have yet to download the refuse to regain book and I'm not sure I want to read it right now...as I'm suppose to be gaining. Might be worth it when I've wrapped my head properly around the creep up. I feel selfish but it's hard to watch even though my cravings are around tomatoes (two weeks of massive amounts of tomatoes lol) and carrots (so far).

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Ishbel; 11-26-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #33  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Ishbel: I loved pasta as well but now that you mention it, I don't really have any desire to eat it lately. Ironically, I have never liked hamburgers with a bun. The bun has always been too filling and I never really enjoyed the taste. Most of the time I would order a hamburger steak, or just take the bun off. Well, a couple of weeks ago I was CRAVING a McDonald's Quarter Pounder with Cheese. I just felt I HAD to have it! I ate it, with the bun, and an order of fries. It made me very full, but surprisingly not as sick as when I have had other foods with wheat. I did end up with a bad migraine though, so I am thinking there were a lot of chemicals in that meal.

This week I am doing P2, out of habit mostly, and because I feel so good when I eat like this. Every single time I add more dairy, wheat, more sugar, etc...I start feeling sluggish and tired. It seems to work for me this way and I feel I can have a treat when I feel like it. My treats seem to be Paleo baked goods mostly, so I guess that's better than a lot of other things. I am curious to see how I do at Thanksgiving. I know I will be having anything that looks yummy to me, but I won't be surprised if I can only eat a small amount. One nice thing is that I get full very fast on heavy foods, but I can eat a huge steak! lol.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 242.6/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Default The big C

So I've seen many posts about this from people on P1. It was never an issue however on P 3&4 it is now an issue for me. Any one else experience this?
Old 11-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #35  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Maile - you are so diligent about keeping up with all of the latest books about diet and low carb lifestyle. Is there one in particular (maybe 2) that you would recommend as the most helpful?

Wesstrom - sorry you're having that issue. I recall having a bit of an adjustment period as I transitioned to maintenance. Maybe a couple of days where my digestion was "off." How long has it been? Are you getting plenty of veggies and regular exercise?

Planning to make an apple pie with Splenda as my treat today - looking forward to that!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!
Old 11-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #36  
Maile

Lizzy63. You might check out the state of thin. She really focuses on metabolism. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. That apple pie sounds like a treat.
Westrom, I did not have that problem. Are you getting in all of you vegetables?

Dakills. Have a good T day. It will be interesting to see what appeals to you.

Ishbel, you are gaining for a good cause. Your cravings are a lot healthier than mine were.

Well the maitais are as good as I remembered,,but I found that I was content to have one and stop. The fresh fish is amazing!
Old 11-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #37  
started IP 7/17/2012

Maile - could it be "State of Slim" rather than "State of Thin?" Having a hard time finding that. Thanks!
Old 11-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 242.6/151/155

Height: 5'7"

I've only been in phase 4 for a week, but noticed in in p3 as well, I've been pretty good about getting my veggies in, plus my fruit in the morning. I have quit measuring the veggies thinking I'm getting more then the 4 cups but maybe ill measure to just to see for the next couple of days.

I was wondering if it was just a readjustment , hoping that's all it is.

Thanks for the replies
Old 11-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #39  
Maile

Lizzy63. It was The State of Slim. About the Colorado State healthy people.you can look at it on Amazon.
Westrom I hope you are feeling better on Phase 4.

Can you believe my hotel room has a scale? No gain from turkey day.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Good morning Ladies
I wrote a long post the other day that got deleted and was too lazy to repeat myself, so I'll chime in today for post thanksgiving :0)
I've been loving reading all the post on this thread and to this day comforted and encouraged by all of you.
I've been on a very slow reboot with 11lbs to go. I was up 16lbs when I started.I'm finally starting to see the old new me again, which is rewarding.
I agree with the gals who have been finding that most carbs are just not right for their bodies. Whether GF breads, even good grains or legumes...my body does not move those foods thru my body and I always gain from them.
This reboot has been an opportunity to redefine and customize my maintenance program.
Last time, I was so paranoid about not following IP to the letter with the big breakfasts and carbs at night, etc., that I disregarded my bodies personal messages to Me!
So, this time I am listening and I know I will be fine from here on in with diligence of course.
I'm forever grateful for this group and all of our combined wisdom and experience.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #41  
started IP 7/17/2012

Sunnymae - sounds like you are in a good place with your reboot. Keep it up!

Maile - got the book yesterday and read the whole thing. Very interesting. I'm wondering if I can successfully reset my metabolism without doing this for quite so long. I don't want to lose quite that much weight - just a few pounds - will definitely try some of the ideas, and it was a good reminder that I need to get in more exercise. (I'm sure Robin - my dog - won't mind a bit!) really want to try the chili recipe with pumpkin too.

Ishbel - hope you are feeling better! Lucky for you that you are craving carrots and tomatoes!
Old 11-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Maile, you are like me, a book junkie. It is quite dangerous now that I am also a Kindle addict.

But seriously want do you all think about starting a thread that could be like a book club? It would have to be for maintenance if we stayed with the IP section.

I downloaded and have started the Colorado book and as I was reading it I thought, I wish I could discuss this with someone just like in my real life bookclub (OK I will admit, it's actually book clubs).
Old 12-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #43  
started IP 7/17/2012

Patns - I will join in if you start one. One thread for all books, or a thread for this book, and then another book/thread later? Might get confusing if we're discussing different books.

I am a big reader (on my nook), but mostly fiction.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #44  

Love it!
"maintainers book club"
Old 12-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

lizzy Don't get me wrong, MacDonald’s has called my name and so has a commercial on Tostitos and cheese dip. I'm just managing to keep it 'small' indulgences' and still only once weekly as my goal it to let the weight 'creep' up. But it really is tomatoes and Christmas oranges that are calling my name. My sisters said nothing really changed for them either so maybe I'm lucky? SALT, oh my...I love salt right now! ha!

I'm feeling better, the sinus infection is done and I managed to get all 11 items done off my 'to do' list yesterday. Had I included 'nap' on the list I would have completed 12. I even got a light workout in which made me feel REALLY good. I wanted to do more than 30 minutes but after such a break I decided to take it slow and keep it to 30 minutes per workout this week. Speaking of tomatoes I had some cherry tomatoes that looked a 'little old' to be in a salad that I almost tossed but decided that would be wasteful and baked them with parmesan flavored olive oil and garlic. After they were cooked I added some mozza on top and sprinkled some epicure pizza herbs on top. SO SO SO good, might have to do it again!

I’ve popped (early I think but what do I know?), I don’t think Martha is helping me though so I’m already in mat tops. VIP was gone for 7 nights and 6 days and he came back to a belly LOL.
Closed Thread