3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   November starts ? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289775-november-starts.html)

may1954 11-18-2013 10:22 AM

[QUOTE=yespositively;4885479]This week I did a ton of food prep and I have zucchini curry soup and a turkey chili with no beans

What do you use for the turkey chili base? I love it and made some this weekend for the family but didn't eat it because I thought we couldn't have it because of the crushed tomatoes.

yespositively 11-18-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

What do you use for the turkey chili base? I love it and made some this weekend for the family but didn't eat it because I thought we couldn't have it because of the crushed tomatoes.
I used the canned petite diced tomatoes. I buy the organic ones at Costco that have no sugar added, and I didn't even question whether they were allowed to be honest. The can has a little salt in it and some natural sugar but I figure it's pretty close to plan old tomatoes. You could start with fresh tomatoes and simmer them down if you were concerned.

I used two 14oz cans plus some NF chicken stock for 20oz of turkey, four red/orange bell peppers, and two jalepenos. Plus compliant seasoning.

I split this into six portions by cooked weight, and DH will eat half. So I figure with three servings I'll be eating close to 2c tomatoes (somewhere around 14oz, right?), a nice serving of peppers, and 3oz of turkey.

may1954 11-18-2013 10:37 AM

Thank you yespositievely, that sounds good! By the way, I'm new to the site, how did you get your quote part to look so neat? I just clicked on the quote button and mine looks different.

yespositively 11-18-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by may1954 (Post 4885500)
Thank you yespositievely, that sounds good! By the way, I'm new to the site, how did you get your quote part to look so neat? I just clicked on the quote button and mine looks different.

I think when you took out some of my writing it "broke" your quote box. A quote needs to be surrounded by but with stars removed. The little slash means the quote is ending. If there is no quote end box, the beginning of the quote won't work either. It's good to check that both are present if you are just quoting part of someone's message (cause sometimes the quote language disappears when you delete other things).

We are huge chili / taco soup eaters in our house and honestly I can't imagine cutting this meal out of my diet. I'm not missing the beans too much though. :)

Scale has been lower lately than it has been in years-- so hopefully my canned tomato habit isn't holding me back. I looked it up and others have weighed in on this-- just make sure there's no added sugar and to eat the tomatoes in moderation.

Also welcome! I have only been here a coupe weeks but have found this forum to be a great place for support and reinforcement since DH doesn't like me to talk about this diet all the time.

may1954 11-18-2013 10:56 AM

my husband is the one who tells everyone about the ideal protein diet because he has seen me struggle our whole marriage with trying to lose weight and the most i ever could lose the past few years was .5lbs a week and with that slow weight loss I couldn't keep up with the occasional special occasion/holiday/ etc. so my weight was always going up a little at a time. Finally last November I got started and lost weight the first 3 months. Then I seemed to not be able to stay on it so strictly and for the next months until now went off and on low carbs but never could get rid of the cravings/hunger like the first time. So I restarted this past week with the strict Ideal Protein again. I want to do this so bad. After the first 36lbs off, I felt 10years younger and so much better...it seem to take care of all my aches and pains that I thought were just part of aging. I don't want to go back up for anything. I started now because I know the holidays can be an easy 10lb gain from now until January 1. then it takes Jan/Feb/Mar trying to lose it again.

Breezybirdy 11-18-2013 12:02 PM

Thanks for the information about the ticker! And thanks for the motivation! I don't know how to use this forum yet - but I'll get it figured out.

kpw30 11-18-2013 12:25 PM

I started on November 7th. Down 6.6 lbs so far.

My favorite meal so far is the Rotini with diced tomato, olive oil, and salt & pepper. I enjoy the chocolate shakes too.

Least favorite, hands-down, is the lemon pudding...I love lemon, but that stuff is not for me. I've been making muffins with it because I don't want to waste the packets.

wosmama 11-18-2013 09:46 PM

I'm starting tomorrow! My husband is doing it with me and we are doing all alternative products. Question: has anyone used ViShape shakes as an alternative?

SkinnyChiz 11-18-2013 11:17 PM

Hey November starters!
have my first WI tomorrow. I did the program for couple of months last year...then had to stop for medical reasons. I'm ready to get this done.
I have been feeling great. Preparing things is soo important. Yes, I am always cutting veggies and washing dishes. I bought a second shake bottle, that helps things out.
Excited for whatever results I see tomorrow.
Keep up the support .

calypso58 11-18-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyChiz (Post 4885928)
Hey November starters!
have my first WI tomorrow. I did the program for couple of months last year...then had to stop for medical reasons. I'm ready to get this done.
I have been feeling great. Preparing things is soo important. Yes, I am always cutting veggies and washing dishes. I bought a second shake bottle, that helps things out.
Excited for whatever results I see tomorrow.
Keep up the support .

Good luck at your WI. Looking forward to hearing your results. My first one is on Wednesday. I can't wait!

may1954 11-19-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wosmama (Post 4885875)
I'm starting tomorrow! My husband is doing it with me and we are doing all alternative products. Question: has anyone used ViShape shakes as an alternative?

I have only used EAS Advantage carb control (from Walmart)

locks 11-19-2013 10:29 AM

Ouff........first week done.........it was a good week I am surprised my body didnt have more withdraws this time.. Minus 9.5 lbs, Last time was less. It was nice of Tom to show up the night before my weigh in.......I thank him for that kind move lol....although is any time a good time lol...A week early too....

This week im going to try using more spices and some of the recipies...i wish ph1 recipies were together. I start reading something that look good, then I see they add chees lol....I am 90% ip, the other part is alternative to just keep the price down a bit. I use alternative drinks, basically, for when I work. I use IP vitamins though and their snacks. But i stick to the protocol. I cant even ready the 90% OP post lol

yespositively 11-19-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calypso58 (Post 4885930)
Good luck at your WI. Looking forward to hearing your results. My first one is on Wednesday. I can't wait!

Good luck! Glad to find another Wednesday WI buddy. I feel like everyone weighs in over the weekend or on Monday. Makes me eager for results!

My second WI is tomorrow. Scale has been steady at 172 for the last few days (I stand on it most mornings). Would love to see those 160s next week!

locks 11-19-2013 10:40 AM

I orginally started on Monday but the carb monster grabbled me monday night one last time.....so moved it to Tuesday lol.......Doing it on Mondays was to help me fight the devil in me on the weekends lol.

calypso58 11-19-2013 11:57 AM

I will move to Tuesday next week because the clinic is closed for the holiday. then I go back to work on the following week so I will have to figure out when I can schedule my WI appts. My coach said Friday is the only time she works late so I may keep them on Wednesday during lunch.

I bowl in a league and I was really bad last night. I may need to do an extra packet on Mondays or Tuesdays. I'm really hungry today.

wosmama 11-19-2013 02:12 PM

so far today i've had one oh yeah bar and 1 vishape shake and 2c broccoli slaw w/ some of the WF coleslaw dressing. also taken the alt supplements i bought.

will have another shake when my son wakes up from nap, then 8 oz mahi mahi and roasted cauliflower for dinner!

workingmom11 11-19-2013 02:18 PM

Day 1 today and I feel good so far - I think it helped that I detoxed off sugar and wheat before I started. My couch is awesome gave me her cell number told me to call or text any questions which is nice because I still have no idea what I am doing. Next Wednesday will be first WI and I'm so excited I feel like a kid at Christmas.

SkinnyChiz 11-19-2013 03:05 PM

First weighin : 10.2 lbs and 6.75 inches ! feeling great !

calypso58 11-19-2013 03:35 PM

Huge congrats on your first WI!!! You are definitely on your way! :carrot:

BLUEJEWEL 11-19-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyChiz (Post 4886376)

WOW!!!! Those are fantastic results! Congratulations!

So I just made myself lunch...it is sooo good...
Cut up some turnips seasoned with sea salt and pepper, sautéed them in some olive oil added some mushrooms, let them cook covered for about 10 minutes added some curry and cinnamon covered for maybe another 5 minutes...SOOO GOOD! Really hit the spot. I will definitely make this again!

44forever 11-19-2013 04:26 PM

Started OP 9 November. First WI was 8.8 lbs and 4.5 inches....felt great!!

may1954 11-19-2013 05:05 PM

It's so encouraging to see everyone's results! Can't wait to get through my first week.

calypso58 11-19-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44forever (Post 4886436)
Started OP 9 November. First WI was 8.8 lbs and 4.5 inches....felt great!!

Great result! you are on your way! :carrot:

SkinnyChiz 11-19-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by may1954 (Post 4886452)
It's so encouraging to see everyone's results! Can't wait to get through my first week.

The first week way in will be worth it! You have already made a big choice.

sologirl 11-19-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyChiz (Post 4886376)

Awesome numbers skinny!!!! Congrats :carrot:

may1954 11-20-2013 11:05 AM

Having a rough week...first day felt great, lost 2lbs the next morning. Then the next 4 days have had a headache don't feel as well . I expected that part because that is how I felt the first week when I did this a year ago so I know I just have to get through it. But the scale has stayed the same since the first day 2lb loss..only two more days until my first week is over. Because I had a great weight loss the first week last year I was expecting that again. But I know eventually it all averaged out to 3lbs a week for me so I'm hoping to at least lose the 3lbs this week. I must be patient I know...it's hard though...I got so excited about a big first week loss after seeing others losses.

finale 11-20-2013 11:49 AM

I just started this on November 13 and I love it so far. I felt it was fairly easy and I love how you can still go out with your loved ones and you know what you can eat and stay OP. I have lost 9 pounds in my first week. I love the strawberry - bananna RTD shake and I add 2 cups of spinach with it and put it in the NINJA and wow I think it tastes like candy....
Today when I went in to get more strawberry bannana they were sold out so I am going to try peach I think it will be good.
I love how things fit better and how I'm not really hungry and I love this website it is so helpfull.

calypso58 11-20-2013 11:49 AM

I know how you feel may. I am not going to have the huge losses that the others have had here. My coach moved my appt back to this afternoon so I have to wait to find out. I almost went off yesterday. I'm putting my scale away because it makes me react emotionally.

vzubie 11-20-2013 02:18 PM

I started on November 18th. So far, so good. I do find that I am very hungry at times, but I'm trying to stick to it. Is lettuce unlimited?

yespositively 11-20-2013 02:48 PM

vzubie Lettuce is unlimited-- like spring greens and stuff. Spinach would be considered a vegetable.

Had my second WI today-- -1.4lbs. Not what I had hoped for, even though I understand that's just realistic. Just frustrating when the scale showed a 3lb loss yesterday. My coach also fussed at me for using alternatives. I get that they want you to use the program food but my favorite part about a Quest bar is that you can CHEW it. Can't do that with most of the IP products.

I felt like between that and confessing my McDonalds salad thing last Friday (ate the cheese and 1/3 packet LF dressing since I didn't plan enough meals), I was getting lectured a lot. Not a great day for me and IP.

may1954 11-20-2013 02:52 PM

Calypso58- yes, weighing everyday can be emotional for me too especially if I don't see progress, but I keep thinking...Thanksgiving is next week and from there until January 1 it's one food event after another in a short period of time. I just keep thinking if I'm not off of sugar that's an easy 10lb gain for me
and then spending January, February, March trying to recover from the holiday weight gain. No way do I want to get on that holiday sugar roll.... so.......no matter how small the loss I'm still ahead of the game if I don't eat any sugar.
Just think how happy we'll be to look back January 1 and not see any holiday weight gain. Any loss will be a plus over that!!!!

calypso58 11-20-2013 04:58 PM

Just got home from my first WI. Down 5 pounds and 2.5 inches. I like everything except my fat went up and my waist did not drop at all. But I can't be too upset with the results. :dizzy:

may1954 11-20-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calypso58 (Post 4887170)
Just got home from my first WI. Down 5 pounds and 2.5 inches. I like everything except my fat went up and my waist did not drop at all. But I can't be too upset with the results. :dizzy:

Congratulations! That's great to have 5lbs off! So good to get week one done!

fishnchik 11-20-2013 10:56 PM

Hi y'all. I started Nov 12 and had my first WI yesterday. Lost 12 lbs and was shocked. Matter of fact I'm still shocked! But I can't really tell a huge difference in how I look, which is odd.

I travel a lot for my job & will fly from to LA tomorrow which has me worried. Because if the time change I won't be able to have dinner until 6:30 which will be 8:30pm on my body clock. I'm usually hungry & eating dinner by 5:30 or 6:00. Then there will be a similar issue Friday when I return.

I'll take some extra drinks/shakes and hopefully that will tide me over.

Y'all are so inspiring! I'm hoping I can return the favor somewhere along the line.

OohLexi 11-21-2013 07:14 AM

I'm super excited. I made it through my first day yesterday. Very proud of myself. :D I have a long way to go, but I'm definitely super motivated to see this through. I've seen the success that other people have had with this program at my workplace and I'm only bummed I didn't try it earlier. But.. here's to the holidays on IP! :D

OohLexi 11-21-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishnchik (Post 4887354)
Hi y'all. I started Nov 12 and had my first WI yesterday. Lost 12 lbs and was shocked. Matter of fact I'm still shocked! But I can't really tell a huge difference in how I look, which is odd.

I travel a lot for my job & will fly from to LA tomorrow which has me worried. Because if the time change I won't be able to have dinner until 6:30 which will be 8:30pm on my body clock. I'm usually hungry & eating dinner by 5:30 or 6:00. Then there will be a similar issue Friday when I return.

Y'all are so inspiring! I'm hoping I can return the favor somewhere along the line.

Taking a shake with you is a great idea! What I loved about this program before I started was this it seemed to be very grab and go for the most part. I work full time and go to school full time for nursing, so the fact that this program offers so many options that are quick and easy is amazing! Good luck and congratulations on your weigh in!! :carrot:

may1954 11-21-2013 08:59 AM

Fishnchik- congratulation on your great first week loss of 12lbs.

Oohlexi-great to get the first day down...may you have many more successful days to follow on your weight loss journey now that you have started!

kpw30 11-21-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yespositively (Post 4887101)
vzubie Lettuce is unlimited-- like spring greens and stuff. Spinach would be considered a vegetable.

Had my second WI today-- -1.4lbs. Not what I had hoped for, even though I understand that's just realistic. Just frustrating when the scale showed a 3lb loss yesterday. My coach also fussed at me for using alternatives. I get that they want you to use the program food but my favorite part about a Quest bar is that you can CHEW it. Can't do that with most of the IP products.

I felt like between that and confessing my McDonalds salad thing last Friday (ate the cheese and 1/3 packet LF dressing since I didn't plan enough meals), I was getting lectured a lot. Not a great day for me and IP.

I can relate...had my second WI today...1.6lbs down. I knew that it would be lower than the first week's loss, but I'm still a little bummed, I was hoping to hit at least two. I'm am thankful, though, that I'm continuing to move in a positive direction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by calypso58 (Post 4887170)

Great job Calypso!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishnchik (Post 4887354)

That's awesome fishnchik! 12lbs is huge! :carrot: Good luck with your travels, sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OohLexi (Post 4887458)
I'm super excited. I made it through my first day yesterday. Very proud of myself. :D I have a long way to go, but I'm definitely super motivated to see this through. I've seen the success that other people have had with this program at my workplace and I'm only bummed I didn't try it earlier. But.. here's to the holidays on IP! :D

Way to go!

Yesterday was a little rough. Since I've been OP I haven't really craved anything "off-limits"...when I've wanted something I've found that I wanted it more out of habit than actual desire for it...not yesterday, I really wanted something, anything, that I knew I couldn't have. Yesterday was the first time that I had an alternative protein - Syntrax Nectar - for lunch, makes me wonder if the change triggered something for me?

Have a great day!

calypso58 11-21-2013 04:31 PM

OMG i just tried kale chips. I can't believe this is legal :carrot:

kpw30 11-21-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calypso58 (Post 4887910)
OMG i just tried kale chips. I can't believe this is legal :carrot:

How did you make yours? Did you season them?