3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   November starts ? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289775-november-starts.html)

calypso58 12-14-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finale (Post 4899824)
Help oh help, I have great parents but my parents live out of town and now when they come back for a week the majority of time is spent at one siblings house and my family tends to ge the day before they fly back home. There are promises made to my kids and they always get broken...I just got a message that my mother is coming home on the 27 of December for a week. I feel ashamed to say this but it ruined my whole night. I am already freaking out due to the stress that comes with the visiting of my parents. I am trying to find a way to protect my family from the dissapointments that come when my parents come to town. I am finally doing well with my weight, workouts, and self esteem. My sister just had the gastric sleeve procedure done and she has been hard on my daughter and me over our weight for many years. I don;t want to be compared to her, and I don't want to be stressed out over this situation. I am needing help on how to get through this visit of my mother and seeing my sister after her surgery. I know she probably has lost over 60 pounds by now and she wants us all to go out to eat but I don't feel this is a situation that is good for me or my daughter. Help help help....I want to stay OP and not loose my footings in this weightloss battle and change of life I am making for myself.....Suggestions welcome.....

Finale, you are doing so great on IP. You are doing this for you and you are taking control of your life. Remember that and don't let anyone bring you off of your true goal. Your sister chose her method of weight loss, and you chose your way to approach it. It's a personal journey for each of us.

On my journey, the only time I've lost weight is when I had a huge crisis in my life that caused me to not eat. It has always involved a man letting me down in a very bad way. This is the first time I have taken control and I am doing this for the right reasons. I feel so empowered.

You are empowered and nobody can take that power away from you unless you give it. Remember that first and foremost, especially over the holidays. As you find new exciting ways to make IP compliant food, you can make a new challenge to learn to eat out and stay OP. Make it a challenge to go out to eat with your family.

finale 12-14-2013 01:04 PM

Thanks for the advice it is already helping.

wosmama 12-14-2013 02:00 PM

we are traveling for Christmas and I have NO IDEA what to do. Haven't traveled on this diet before. We are staying at my (super skinny) sister's house.

calypso58 12-14-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wosmama (Post 4900068)
we are traveling for Christmas and I have NO IDEA what to do. Haven't traveled on this diet before. We are staying at my (super skinny) sister's house.

I've seen where others mail their IP products to wherever they are travelling. I'm spending the holidays with friends. They are aware and are supportive of my diet and are making lists of veggies and proteins to buy to help me. Maybe you can enlist your sister to help you.

SkinnyChiz 12-14-2013 06:51 PM

4 degrees here! that's what we call warming up in the north! EAting pancakes for supper! love the cereal recipe. Slept till 1 pm . Good day. I'm on my TOM, no big cravings yet.....I know cheese isn't allowed aloud but I make up parm or cheddar crisps on parchment paper as my quick no carb snack. easy to travel with. hard boiled eggs can travel easily too!
Happy weekend!

finale 12-14-2013 07:14 PM

calypso58 thanks so much for the advice...

Harleygirl58 12-16-2013 12:47 AM

Down 14 lbs 11 inches in 6 wks

Just want to say hi to all of my November IPers. Ive been very good with no intentional cheats. I did screw up on my 3rd week because I forgot that the maple oatmeal and pancakes are restricted and ate those 3 days and then had a restricted snack after dinner. I only lost .8 that week and I didnt know why till I looked at my journal and realized it. I also think I need to stay away from the brownie. It's higher in carbs and seems to push me out of ketosis. I had 2 weeks I only lost a little over a lb and I think that was why. Weekends have been hard to get my 4 c of veggies and water in cause ive been xmas shopping and gone all day. I do bring a Ip drink and bar with me for lunçh and snack to keep me from going Op. During the week I'm so good. It frustrates me to think that those 2 days keep my weight loss down. BUT I am doing great in inches. Down. From 12 to a 10 and hopefully will be in my 8s by Xmas. I don't want to buy any till then but I did have to buy 1 pair of black slacks for work since I'm down to 2 pairs of pants that fit me. So keep up the fight and remember; nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. (My mantra)

finale 12-16-2013 12:15 PM

Yea way to go OohLExi

wosmama 12-17-2013 08:12 AM

ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!

Down 4 lbs this week!

Goal was onederland before Christmas!!! YAYYYY

finale 12-17-2013 10:40 AM

I want to hit 219 by Friday, I am currently at 221.9....I am staying on the journey and hoping the next couple of days will show me some results.....
I do weigh in tomorrow and want to see that number. I am so goofy about weigh in that I even want to wear shorts because they weigh less than dress pants or jeans...

finale 12-19-2013 09:16 AM

Good Morning everyone I just had my weekly weigh in at my house due to having to cancel my official apt yesterday. I hit 218, I was so shocked I have been sitting at 221 for quite a while.....I am so excited and I was able to do this and make it happen. I am proud of myself I was able to see my sister and we both told each other how good we looked we are both doing the weight loss journey. I was worried about seeing her and noticing that she was alot smaller than me. I am ok all I wanted to do was eat after I saw her but I dealt with it.....
I am so excited for xmas I am going to make baked cauliflower and some green beans for myself...I can eat turkey and lots of lettuce I will be good. I want to hit 199 by January 1st. I know this is a huge goal but why not aim for the stars. It I don't meet that goal I know I will obtain it in January...

Thanks to all of you for being on this site and helping me on this journey.

44forever 12-19-2013 02:44 PM

Way to go finale!

My WI is tomorrow.........keeping my fingers crossed but not expecting great results because I cheated for the first time a few days ago....my willpower was down and so was my mood. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

finale 12-19-2013 04:17 PM

44forever. I think sometimes we need to remember we are human and we just turn around and get back OP all will be ok. It's one day not a week of cheating. Keep up the goodwork.

OohLexi 12-19-2013 04:57 PM

Eh.. my weigh in was yesterday. I was disappointed to only lose .5 pounds... however it was the first day of TOM... so maybe that had a little something to do with it. I still lost 3 inches, so I guess I can't be toooooo upset. 29 pounds in 4 weeks is still pretty awesome.

calypso58 12-19-2013 08:40 PM

Congratulations finale and OohLexi! You both are doing so great. I lost .6 at my 5th WI yesterday but lost 2.5 inches so I'm not complaining. I was also suffering the big C so I'm not upset about the results. I just want this weight gone!

:present: All I want for Christmas is more pounds gone! :present:

fishnchik 12-20-2013 12:32 AM

Just wanted to pop in and say that I have been in a stall for the past two weeks. I thought I was doing everything right but after good losses initially, the scale just wasn't moving for me. Until this week. In five weeks I've lost 27 lbs.

Not gonna lie....it was tough to stay committed and disciplined when the scale wasn't moving. I ketp thinking "This is too hard to not be losing." But I did so well the first few weeks that I hung in and didn't dip on myself.

And I'm so glad. I'm not posting this to brag, but so that any others might find it encouraging if they are in a stall. I searched this forum many times to try to figure out what was going on. I still don't know what it was...but things are moving in the right direction now. 6 weeks ago I would have never dreamed I would be in this position by Christmas!

calypso58 12-20-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishnchik (Post 4902768)
Just wanted to pop in and say that I have been in a stall for the past two weeks. I thought I was doing everything right but after good losses initially, the scale just wasn't moving for me. Until this week. In five weeks I've lost 27 lbs.

Not gonna lie....it was tough to stay committed and disciplined when the scale wasn't moving. I ketp thinking "This is too hard to not be losing." But I did so well the first few weeks that I hung in and didn't dip on myself.

And I'm so glad. I'm not posting this to brag, but so that any others might find it encouraging if they are in a stall. I searched this forum many times to try to figure out what was going on. I still don't know what it was...but things are moving in the right direction now. 6 weeks ago I would have never dreamed I would be in this position by Christmas!

Yay fishnchik! Thanks for being an inspiration!:xcheer::xcheer:

44forever 12-20-2013 10:23 AM

WI turned out positive!! Another 2.4 lbs and 2.5 inches....woot woot! So happy because I lost even though I had the cheat. This was an early christmas present to me!!

lisa32989 12-20-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishnchik (Post 4902768)

This is where joining the daily chat and getting advice from a bigger group of folks and folks who have done the program longer may help. The daily chat really keeps 3FC-IP connected as a community!
Glad your stall broke!

Quote:

Originally Posted by OohLexi (Post 4902650)
Eh.. my weigh in was yesterday. I was disappointed to only lose .5 pounds... however it was the first day of TOM... so maybe that had a little something to do with it. I still lost 3 inches, so I guess I can't be toooooo upset. 29 pounds in 4 weeks is still pretty awesome.

You know that "only" when used to describe weight loss is a four-letter-word on this forum, correct?
We celebrate all losses!

SkinnyChiz 12-20-2013 02:51 PM

WI yesterday ! Hit my 20 lbs down! I was a bit worried with TOM and travelling. Slow and steady works for me.
Next weight not till the New Year. I already know there will be a few off days. I'm planning ahead and staying 100% every day until then. Feeling great !
happy holidays!

fishnchik 12-20-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyChiz (Post 4903100)
I was a bit worried with TOM and travelling. Slow and steady works for me.

Skinny, I have had the same issue. Traveling is really a challenge. AND i've been to 8 Christmas parties this year.....3 of them were buffets with nothing I could eat. Good thing I planned ahead and ate beforehand. I also take Cherry Limeade water flavoring and ask the bartender for water with lime. Then I fit right in with everyone having cocktails.

Great job on the slow and steady!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44forever (Post 4902936)
WI turned out positive!! Another 2.4 lbs and 2.5 inches....woot woot!

So proud for you!! I love your energy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4902973)
This is where joining the daily chat and getting advice from a bigger group of folks and folks who have done the program longer may help.

Thanks for the encouragement. I don't know why but I'm intimidated to join all of you seasoned IPers. It's silly I know. Although I have a high profile position in my company and business, I feel very vulnerable about this weight loss journey. Something I need to work out.

Calypso, thanks for your comment!

calypso58 12-20-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44forever (Post 4902936)
WI turned out positive!! Another 2.4 lbs and 2.5 inches....woot woot! So happy because I lost even though I had the cheat. This was an early christmas present to me!!

Way to go 44forever! :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyChiz (Post 4903100)
WI yesterday ! Hit my 20 lbs down! I was a bit worried with TOM and travelling. Slow and steady works for me.
Next weight not till the New Year. I already know there will be a few off days. I'm planning ahead and staying 100% every day until then. Feeling great !
happy holidays!

Woo Hoo SkinnyChiz! :carrot:

I love it when the weigh ins show results!
Nancy

lisa32989 12-21-2013 08:13 AM

fishnchik: We never used to have the monthly starters groups. Everyone just joined the daily chat and it was where everyone got their support. I highly encourage you to jump in there. It isn't just seasoned folks. There are newcomers too. Having one spot is how community is built!

Hiker88 12-21-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishnchik (Post 4903154)

Thanks for the encouragement. I don't know why but I'm intimidated to join all of you seasoned IPers. It's silly I know. Although I have a high profile position in my company and business, I feel very vulnerable about this weight loss journey. Something I need to work out.

Calypso, thanks for your comment!

I'm so glad you joined the chat! Looking at your stats, you have become a seasoned IP'er yourself! Keep up the good work!

finale 12-24-2013 06:33 PM

Ok the craziness with my mother is already starting and she is not even in town yet. She is a great mom but she just called to tell me she will be in town on Monday, December 30 and she is getting a hotel room with my sister's girls by herself. I told her by the time we get there after work it will be after 6pm and we have to work the next day and I feel that it won't work for my family.
I said why can't we see you on the weekend or Wed, New Years Day due to its a holiday for my family and no one will be working. She said Paua's (my sister's) daughter's dont know her. She said they are little and your children are older. I said that is not fair, because my kids are older they dont need to see you? She said I lived there when your kids were little and I don't see her kids. I said that has nothing to do with it. She said I will be up when Paula is not working. So she said will stay at my house on Thursday night before she flies out on Friday.
I really wish she would not tell us she is coming to town or just stay away. Her family doesn't have anything to do with her and treat her badly so she has said in the past that this is ok because this is how her family worked.
I am making a gameplan for the week while she is her and I will be on my schedule and if I see her I see her. She will not bring me down or sabatoge my weightloss success due to her and the crap she brings to town with her.
My game plan is to workout in the morning and evening each day to keep my stress level down and stay in control of my emotions. I will not let myself stressful eat while my mother is here.
Thanks for listening and being her when I am overwelmed and tired of my family and their selfishness.

calypso58 12-25-2013 11:33 PM

Finale ~ I'm sorry you are having a hard time with your mom. Just remember that you can't control how others act, you can only control how you respond to it. Keep your cool and don't let the stress interfere with your progress. I hope your Christmas was fabulous. Hang in there!
Nancy

calypso58 12-25-2013 11:40 PM

I had my 6 week WI on Monday instead of Wednesday due to the holiday. It was at the end of the day instead of before lunch, which is the usual, and I had had a lot of water that day so I expected the weight to increase. The scale showed a .4 pound gain. What bugged me was the scale showed a 2.8 pound fat gain. I don't understand but am looking forward to my next WI next Friday. I'm already down almost 5 pounds from Monday's WI. But I was so frustrated on Monday I just wanted to hang it all up. Glad I didn't :)

fishnchik 12-27-2013 05:03 PM

Glad you hung in there Calypso. I can't imagine how you got a fat gain, but I bet anything it will go back to normal next week. The scale can be so finicky. This morning I weighed and about an hour later, after breakfast I was in my bathroom and just stepped on the scale again (i don't know why) and it weighed me a pound a half less!

fishnchik 12-27-2013 05:06 PM

Finale, I hope things got better for you!

lisa32989 12-27-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calypso58 (Post 4904923)
I had my 6 week WI on Monday instead of Wednesday due to the holiday. It was at the end of the day instead of before lunch, which is the usual, and I had had a lot of water that day so I expected the weight to increase. The scale showed a .4 pound gain. What bugged me was the scale showed a 2.8 pound fat gain. I don't understand but am looking forward to my next WI next Friday. I'm already down almost 5 pounds from Monday's WI. But I was so frustrated on Monday I just wanted to hang it all up. Glad I didn't :)

Calypso
Those bio impedance scales aren't accurate so view the body composition with a grain of salt. You're doing great!

fishnchik 01-01-2014 09:19 PM

How are all the November starts doing?

I'm partied out and ready to get back to my routine!

finale 01-03-2014 02:52 PM

I am finally becoming someone that does not jump when people tell me to jump. Usually when my mother comes to town the time frame is set for me to see her around what my sister's schedule is and I usually just rearrange my families schedule to see my mother. In the past however the plans we make with her tend to be cancelled by her. So she called me and wanted to set up a time to see her and we set up Tuesday New Years Eve and had lunch plans. My daughter took work off and so did I and she cancelled, nothing new to us. Although my daughter was upset and crying I told her she will not ruin our day. Then my mother asked if we could do dinner on Thursday and I told her it would be around 7 due to me going to gym and my husband working until 6-630 and she texted and asked if we could go earlier and I told her this is the time that works for us thats what happens when your working around work schedules. She told me I was being silly and cancelled plans with us. Then I told her I would not dissapoint my children and she would have to tell them and she did. My kids were dissapointed again, and then she texted me and asked if I wanted to do lunch on Friday (today) and I told her my schedule for the day and I said we'll see. Then she called me at 8am this morning and wanted to know my plans and I said that I'm not going to do this anymore she has cancelled on us 2 x's now and she will not hurt me or my children anymore. I told her I'm not discussing this anymore due to her wanting me to get angry on the phone and start fighting that is what usually happens. Then I'm the bad guy and the disrespectful one. I'm not that person anymore.
Then she texted me and told me that I hurt her and I said that I'm not going to let her hurt my children and I anymore. I went to the gym and ate a good lunch and I have to be ok. I'm not going to be treated like a piece of trash anymore.
Her mother treated her badly and my dad would tell her to leave my mother alone and not call our hourse when I was growing up. I feel she thinks she can treat me the same way and I will not let that happen anymore.
I was going to go see her due to a family wedding in October but oh well we will see what happens. She flies home today and hopefully she won't come back now for a long time. I know this seems harsh but she just dissapoints my children and me and makes promises and doesnt keep them. I am saying enough is enough.

finale 01-03-2014 08:28 PM

Tonight I made Cayenne chicken Alfredo with Broccoli slaw as noodles it was amazing......and filling

Harleygirl58 01-26-2014 10:34 PM

I haven't logged in for a few week so thought I'd give my update. I have done very well on IP. Joined on 10/29 but didn't get started till 11/1. I've lost 22 and maybe 24 if all goes well at my weigh in tomorrow. Lost almost 18 inches too. I am having a knee replacement on 2/14 and have decided to move to phase 2 as of last week and then phase 3 the week of my surgery. I don't want to be in ketosis and want to be sure I'm getting enough calories (healthy ones) while taking the pain meds which will be heavy duty. I've experienced terrible nausea in the past when I took the meds without enough food in my stomach. That said - I'm less than 10 lbs from my goal weight and hope that I can still continue to lose if I basically eat right and stay away from the sweets and bad carbs. At least now I have got my portions under control and feel I can introduce real food without going over board. I'll continue to repeat my mantra "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" to keep my head in the game. I truly haven't looked this good in several years. I've gone from a 12 to an 8 and feel great. My husband, friends and family are so happy for me and have given me so much support over the last 2 1/2 months as I navigated the Holiday parties with them all. Very few cheats since I've been on IP and only recently have I had any alcohol on 2 occasions. I'm not a big drinker but do drink socially most weekends. It's been a bit of a challenge to sit at bars or house parties with my glass of lemon water or sparkling ICE coconut pineapple drinks making it look like I'm partaking. : ) Even harder for me was bypassing all those desserts.... I will tell you though FYI... twice I cheated and had a no sugar added dessert (1. Chocolate Mouse Parfait 2. Kiddie size Ice Cream) - within a half hour or so I had diareea so bad I didn't think I'd make it to the bathroom. No sugar added does not mean it's okay to have it. Our bodies are not use to the fat and carbs that are in those types of desserts. I learned my lesson -- steering clear of that type of stuff for now until my system readjusts. I have been reading about a lot of different diet plans and am looking to continue in a low carb lifestyle but adding in whole grains, some fruit, nuts and low fat dairy. My husband has lost 30 lbs in less time than it's taken me to lose 24 by counting Weight Watcher points. I may even go that route. I'm a lifetime member and have always believed it to be the healthiest weight loss plan out there BUT it takes forever to lose it. I did IP to get the pounds off quickly with the intention of then eating a balanced diet to maintain. I do want to take off the additional weight so if I find I'm not continuing to lose over the next 2 months.... I'll be back on IP April 1st. Bathing suit season will be here before we know it and I do not want to be the fat chick at the beach this year like I've been the last several years. Not necessarily going to be in a bikini but certainly looking good in my tankini is my goal. Keep up the good work my fellow IP'ers. No one said it was going to be easy but it is definitely worth it.

Bellamack 01-26-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harleygirl58 (Post 4929192)
I haven't logged in for a few week so thought I'd give my update. I have done very well on IP. Joined on 10/29 but didn't get started till 11/1. I've lost 22 and maybe 24 if all goes well at my weigh in tomorrow. Lost almost 18 inches too. I am having a knee replacement on 2/14 and have decided to move to phase 2 as of last week and then phase 3 the week of my surgery. I don't want to be in ketosis and want to be sure I'm getting enough calories (healthy ones) while taking the pain meds which will be heavy duty. I've experienced terrible nausea in the past when I took the meds without enough food in my stomach. That said - I'm less than 10 lbs from my goal weight and hope that I can still continue to lose if I basically eat right and stay away from the sweets and bad carbs. At least now I have got my portions under control and feel I can introduce real food without going over board. I'll continue to repeat my mantra "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" to keep my head in the game. I truly haven't looked this good in several years. I've gone from a 12 to an 8 and feel great. My husband, friends and family are so happy for me and have given me so much support over the last 2 1/2 months as I navigated the Holiday parties with them all. Very few cheats since I've been on IP and only recently have I had any alcohol on 2 occasions. I'm not a big drinker but do drink socially most weekends. It's been a bit of a challenge to sit at bars or house parties with my glass of lemon water or sparkling ICE coconut pineapple drinks making it look like I'm partaking. : ) Even harder for me was bypassing all those desserts.... I will tell you though FYI... twice I cheated and had a no sugar added dessert (1. Chocolate Mouse Parfait 2. Kiddie size Ice Cream) - within a half hour or so I had diareea so bad I didn't think I'd make it to the bathroom. No sugar added does not mean it's okay to have it. Our bodies are not use to the fat and carbs that are in those types of desserts. I learned my lesson -- steering clear of that type of stuff for now until my system readjusts. I have been reading about a lot of different diet plans and am looking to continue in a low carb lifestyle but adding in whole grains, some fruit, nuts and low fat dairy. My husband has lost 30 lbs in less time than it's taken me to lose 24 by counting Weight Watcher points. I may even go that route. I'm a lifetime member and have always believed it to be the healthiest weight loss plan out there BUT it takes forever to lose it. I did IP to get the pounds off quickly with the intention of then eating a balanced diet to maintain. I do want to take off the additional weight so if I find I'm not continuing to lose over the next 2 months.... I'll be back on IP April 1st. Bathing suit season will be here before we know it and I do not want to be the fat chick at the beach this year like I've been the last several years. Not necessarily going to be in a bikini but certainly looking good in my tankini is my goal. Keep up the good work my fellow IP'ers. No one said it was going to be easy but it is definitely worth it.

Good Luck to you on your surgery. I had knee surgery 7 weeks ago, it was arthroscopy for a defect in the femur, meniscus tear and severe patella femurol arthritis. They wanted to do a partial (on both knees) replacement, but I just couldn't make myself do it. I chickened out, I feel I am young (56) and I am scared that it won't work. My BIL is 50 and had a TKR 8 weeks ago and said he feels better than he has for years!

Harleygirl58 01-27-2014 08:04 PM

Thank you Bellamack. I'm only 55 but have been dealing with this knee since High School. I had my cartilage removed then (torn) and have had 2 orthoscopic clean ups since to smooth out the bone on bone arthritis. I would have had it replaced years ago if they'd have let me but always said I was too young. I am pretty active (skier, golfer, walker, motorcycle rider...) but knee pain is keeping me from enjoying a lot more. I feel I'm too young to NOT have it done while I'm still young enough to reap the benefits. Yes it is going to be a major pain and it will be 6 weeks or so of intensive PT but I know by the time summer rolls around I'll be ready to participate in mostly all the things I like to do. I want to start bicycling and maybe yoga too. I need to start toning up this new bod. I cannot waste all the effort I put into losing the weight. I'm really excited about the knee and even more excited that I'm down 24lbs which will really help in my recovery. I hope you find relief from your knee pain with the arthroscopy. It bought me the last 12 years so maybe it will do the same for you and you can revisit the TKR in your 60s. Don't wait too long though. You want to enjoy life and not sit on the sidelines watching it pass you by.

Harleygirl58 01-27-2014 09:08 PM

How are you doing Selilhannah? I'm just reading through old posts and I saw this one. My staples are mixed greens for salad and/or spinach, fresh and frozen broccoli, fresh cauliflower (love it roasted and or shredded then sautéed), mushrooms, red orange and yellow peppers, cukes, zucchini and occasional grape tomatoes. For protein I eat a lot of steak (probably too much), chicken; salmon (1pw), pork, and lean burgers. I pretty much weigh in and pick up my IP foods and then head to the grocery store for my veggies/protein. My favorite veggie side is to shred a 1/2 head of cauliflower, a sm or 1/2 zucchini, chopped broccoli and mushrooms - toss it in a little extra virgin olive oil mixed with garlic, salt and pepper and sometimes lemon juice then a sauté it over med. high heat stirring frequently but letting it brown up. I feel like I'm eating a rice dish. I just love this. It's also good doing the same thing but chopping the cauliflower instead of shredding it then roasting it on a Pam sprayed tin foiled cookie sheet at 425 deg. for about min. tossing it around every 7 minutes or so it doesn't burn but browns evenly. This is a little easier than the shredding method but I love them both. My husband won't touch either one of these but that's what I eat and just throw a bag of frozen veggies in for him. He will eat same protein as me most of the time. For lunch I love the IP mushroom, chicken and broccoli/cheese soups. They're my go to favorite and easiest quick lunch. I usually add broccoli and or mushrooms to them to get my veggies in. I get wicked sick of salad but usually try to have a salad as well. I like the Potato puree and the chicken ala king which I also add veggies to. Breakfast depends on how much time I have. The Omelet sticks with me the best (sauté veggies then add the omelet mix) but I have crispy cereal when I'm pressed for time. If I have that I then have to have a IP drink (Chocolate or Cappaccino are my favorites) around 10:30 to get me to lunch. I love the Maple Oatmeal but then I cannot have a restricted snack later which I really enjoy (esp. Lemon Wafer) so I have it only once a week and then have pudding for my snack. Love the vanilla pudding with a little cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice added to it. Really good! Butterscotch is good too. Milk chocolate is just okay. Raspberry "jelly"/jello is excellent. I use it like applesauce with my pork chops. Delish. Well that's about it. Hope this was helpful. Good luck.