3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 11/9 - Sun 11/10/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289565-ip-weekend-chat-sat-11-9-sun-11-10-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 11-09-2013 04:56 AM

IP Weekend Chat Sat 11/9 - Sun 11/10/2013

Don't ask me why I'm up at 3 am :?:
Woke up. Couldn't sleep. Lying in bed was futile so time to start the chat!

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

I can do anything 11-09-2013 05:29 AM

After reading all the posts from yesterday's daily forum about how some doctors have reacted to their patient's weight loss, I realized how blessed that I am to have a supportive doctor.

:hug: HUGS to all those who do not get that support.

lisa32989 11-09-2013 05:33 AM

From Beck Diet Solution Facebook site:
Weekend Warm-up: Remember – if you eat at someone’s house this weekend, you may not have control over what food is served to you but you ALWAYS have control over what you put in your mouth.

ReenHag 11-09-2013 06:38 AM

Early Risers!

Morning, everyone!

Lisa, I am so with you! I woke up this morning as if it were a work day. My body just was finished resting, I guess, so I hopped out of bed. Really, I have been going to bed earlier and sleeping better on IP; I assume my body knows what it needs.

No special plans this weekend. I have TONS of work to catch up on due to taking two sick days last week. We also have Open House at school on Monday, so I have to prep for that. Hubby has a work trip coming up, too, so I will help make sure he has what he needs ready to go.

WI tomorrow- will post results! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Renee

vachinyc 11-09-2013 07:21 AM

Good morning! I too was up too early for a Saturday, but thankfully not 3am. It is supposed to a pretty day here so I figure I may as well get going :)
I have weigh this morning but maybe will take a little walk and enjoy the (chilly) sunshine first.

Nice reminder Lisa. We control the food, not the other way around.

IP POWER to all!

dlr9774 11-09-2013 07:53 AM

Ready to enjoy this snowy day in Manitoba, Canada. Planning all week for pancakes for my twins and planning to "try again" with the IP pancake, but this time with the chocolate pkg. I am really finding that planning is helping me be successful on this plan.

dlr9774 11-09-2013 07:55 AM

A coach shared with me "Fail to plan, or, plan to fail" Therefore, I will PLAN, PLAN, PLAN! Precut, zip bagged veggies in the fridge just makes grab and go possible for work in the morning.
Somehow made sense to this organized person! Keep on track all my new IP friends. I find this site very helpful.

safetylady 11-09-2013 08:10 AM

Good morning everyone, the dog decided that 6am would be my Saturday wake up time. Started the day with my coffee and a restricted orange wafer bar which is very different for me. Was craving something crunchy, so it will work for today. Relaxed a bit in the hot tub now it is time to get my butt in gear.

Today is day five of my reboot. I will take those 15 pounds that I gained back off. This time I will learn to phase off and enjoy my clothes!!

Have a wonderful day!!!!

sonolady 11-09-2013 08:17 AM

Good morning all!!!! 3 day weekend!!! Yeee haa!!! Sending IP POWER to stay OP for this long weekend. P3 starts today.

Congrats to all the scale movers and NSV winners!!! Feels good doesn't it! Love the line I've seen Lisa write, "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"!!!

nolasmurf 11-09-2013 08:23 AM

Well I ended up working a 12 hour day yesterday, so that sucked. Managed to stay OP except I didn't get all my veggies and water in. I was off by a cup. I guess 3 cups is better than no veggies! Was so tired when I got home last night I fell asleep quickly but woke up at 7. I don't have work till Noon so I'm just going to relax for awhile. No tv just me and the dogs.

Hiker88 11-09-2013 08:34 AM

Good morning! I know I should stay off the scale but some days I really can't help myself! I haven't lost a thing so far this week but I had two great weeks in a row and I have TOM this week. I think I'll leave the scale alone till my weigh in on Tuesday.. I know if I stay OP all will go well... have a great weekend everyone!

sonolady 11-09-2013 08:37 AM

Nolasmurf I can relate to the not enough sleep. I am awake at 5 AM no matter what day it is, last weekend with the clock change, it was 4 AM for a few days. I am a terrible sleeper. I usually get up and give the dogs extra attention too. I have 3, a lab/dane mix, and 2 labradoodles. What type of dogs do you have?

nolasmurf 11-09-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonolady (Post 4879983)
Nolasmurf I can relate to the not enough sleep. I am awake at 5 AM no matter what day it is, last weekend with the clock change, it was 4 AM for a few days. I am a terrible sleeper. I usually get up and give the dogs extra attention too. I have 3, a lab/dane mix, and 2 labradoodles. What type of dogs do you have?

I have a pit bull mix Abby who's around 6 and DiNozzo who's full blooded blue Pit and He's 3 . Both are rescues as I volunteer with the Sula Foundation and Villalobos (yes pit bull and parolees)

Both very spoiled !

Jenny38 11-09-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlr9774 (Post 4879957)
Ready to enjoy this snowy day in Manitoba, Canada. Planning all week for pancakes for my twins and planning to "try again" with the IP pancake, but this time with the chocolate pkg. I am really finding that planning is helping me be successful on this plan.

We had our first snow flurries in Ontario this week.
Are you using the chocolate pudding mix for those IP pancakes? Can you post the recipe? I don't like the pudding.

sonolady 11-09-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4879988)
I have a pit bull mix Abby who's around 6 and DiNozzo who's full blooded blue Pit and He's 3 . Both are rescues as I volunteer with the Sula Foundation and Villalobos (yes pit bull and parolees)

Both very spoiled !

How cool! All my dogs have been rescues, these 3 are all 7yrs old. Gus the lab/dane is 102lbs, Karli is 62lbs and Bella is 49 lbs. Gus and Karli are from Kentucky, she was abused , a puppy mill breeder. The poor girl will never be "normal". We've had her for 4 yrs and she is only marginally better than when we got her, she is just a fear filled non trusting girl. Gus is just a goof, a good ole southern boy, lol. Bella was not abused but neglected, she was a mess when we got her a year ago, from another breeder here in MA. I just don't have enough hands or arms to scratch , rub and hug them all at once, each pushes the others out of the way to get to me. I wouldn't trade them for the world. I tell DH that he will go before them.LOL

nolasmurf 11-09-2013 09:04 AM

Awwwww! I love it. I'm very passionate about my animals and very rarely have company to my house because I can't stand how ppl act around my dogs. My SIL ex husband used to demand I lock them up when he visited because he's a 'cat person' and dogs are smelly and rude. Yay he spent most of his visit with a 70lb dog in his lap. This is their house. They are allowed on furniture (they have their own chairs) they will sniff you and greet you first. Abby was abused, she doesn't like loud noises and runs to her kennel when you shake out the garbage can liner. Living right on the Ms River 4 of July and NYE are terrible for her the fireworks have her shaking like a leaf. She gets to sleep in the big bed on those nights. They both have ex large kennels that I've laid in with them before. I'm with you on the DH thing! But thankfully he loves them just as much as I do!

Hiker88 11-09-2013 09:08 AM

I have a maltese and he's my baby!!

sonolady 11-09-2013 09:12 AM

Nolasmurf I have 4 memory foam beds for them, no kennels they have free range of the house but not the furniture. I spend more time on the floor than anything. Karli wont leave her bed when someone is over. We have 2 acres fenced in and they spend time outside only when we're home. Karli wont go out unless I am with her, any noise and she bolts for the door. poor girl, when we have a big party for the holidays I put them in the mud room with their beds and dont let the people go there. My "kids" are happier that way, they are used to a quiet house.

sonolady 11-09-2013 09:13 AM

Hiker How sweet! Next time around my next rescues will be smaller but not that small. It costs a fortune to feed these guys.

sonolady 11-09-2013 09:20 AM

Outside for me ....fetch , wrestling in the leaves, keep away with the ball. Have a good day everyone!

Hiker88 11-09-2013 09:24 AM

Getting a dog is the best way to get your walking in! Some days I'm just sooo tired but I get home from work and he looks at me with those hopeful eyes, paws my leg and I just can't say no.... out the door I go and always feel better for it!

nolasmurf 11-09-2013 09:36 AM

So now that we've hijacked the daily chat with our dog talk :D Sorry everyone!

Here's a question. How much coffee do you drink daily and have you seen it effect your losses? I drink 2 -3 cups a day with splashes of EAS French vanilla as 'creamer' and 1 Splenda each time. I don't see a slow down in losses but actually think it helps me stay OP. A cup of coffee in the afternoon stops the 'snacks' feeling

slownsteady 11-09-2013 09:46 AM

Good Morning Everyone! I, too was an early riser this morning......6:10 a.m.....and I'd gone to bed late - 1:30 a.m., so have no idea why I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep! And I know sleep is important to help avoid weight gain, so not happy about the 5 hrs of sleep!

But, it is a beautiful, crisp, sunny Saturday! I actually haven't had my breakfast yet, so going to run and do that now. I am going to make the IP crispy cereal pancakes. I never have time for that on weekdays, but have been thinking about them ever since I made them while on vacation (was my first time having them - yum!)

Also want to report back that after my 1 week hiatus in he** (COMPLETELY off plan for a week when I RETURNED from vacation - did fine ON vacation - go figure!) and then this last 1 week 100% OP - I have lost the 7 I'd gained, plus 1 more for good measure! Am putting the home scale away now, and back to my clinic-only weigh ins starting on Monday so I'll update my ticker then. BTW - How annoying is that to have lost 8 lbs in the last week, but since 7 of it was weight I'd gained back, when I weigh in on Monday, it will only really be a 1 lb loss since I was in last! And that's if my home and clinic scales are even close! Oh well! I did it to myself, and hopefully is a lesson learned!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

vachinyc 11-09-2013 09:51 AM

Yay! I had a surprisingly good weigh in this morning. Down 4.9 lbs. So exciting. What a great way to start the weekend. :)

Happy weekend all!

IP POWER!

LUCCILOVE 11-09-2013 10:19 AM

Someone on the forums told me to post this here since you guys are more experienced then me.

I started IP Oct 7 and I am down 17 lbs. I am only using IP stuff.

This week my mouth has been feeling weird-almost like a reaction to something I am eating. I went to my dentist and ENT. They both think it could be a reaction to the diet - I am not use to eating salt and vinegar prior to being on IP.

My tongue was sore, has white stuff on it (it is not yeast) sort of trouble swallowing, and seems like a dry mouth but I have saliva. ENT gave me a cortision shot and stuff to put on my tongue. I also have little fissulares on my tongue (grooves), no bad breath and I have been drinking all my water.

Dentist said it could be a virus or reaction to eating alot of pickles and salt
ENT said could be stress or body adjusting to the diet

Wondering if anyone else had any issues like this and did it go away? I am not eating pickles for a week to see if that helps. I was eating at least .5-1cup for lunch and sometimes dinner almost everyday

Then I am wondering if I am allergic to stuff in the IP products - soy, whey? Or is this just ketosis?

Slipfree 11-09-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vachinyc (Post 4880035)
Yay! I had a surprisingly good weigh in this morning. Down 4.9 lbs. So exciting. What a great way to start the weekend. :)

Happy weekend all!

IP POWER!

Congrats on your 4.9 pound loss! :woohoo:

Ruth Ann 11-09-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE (Post 4880049)
Someone on the forums told me to post this here since you guys are more experienced then me.

I started IP Oct 7 and I am down 17 lbs. I am only using IP stuff.

This week my mouth has been feeling weird-almost like a reaction to something I am eating. I went to my dentist and ENT. They both think it could be a reaction to the diet - I am not use to eating salt and vinegar prior to being on IP.

My tongue was sore, has white stuff on it (it is not yeast) sort of trouble swallowing, and seems like a dry mouth but I have saliva. ENT gave me a cortision shot and stuff to put on my tongue. I also have little fissulares on my tongue (grooves), no bad breath and I have been drinking all my water.

Dentist said it could be a virus or reaction to eating alot of pickles and salt
ENT said could be stress or body adjusting to the diet

Wondering if anyone else had any issues like this and did it go away? I am not eating pickles for a week to see if that helps. I was eating at least .5-1cup for lunch and sometimes dinner almost everyday

Then I am wondering if I am allergic to stuff in the IP products - soy, whey? Or is this just ketosis?

Luccilove - I had some of the same mouth symptoms but not as bad as you have. I eliminated the soy products for about a month and everything cleared up (including the mild rash I had). I've been able to incorporate 1 soy product a day back into my diet with no problems, but have to limit them.

From what I've read, soy is the most common allergy with this diet. Although that many pickles if you're not used to eating them (in my totally non-medical opinion) might cause some mouth issues.

schenectady 11-09-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownsteady (Post 4880030)
Good Morning Everyone!
Also want to report back that after my 1 week hiatus in he** (COMPLETELY off plan for a week when I RETURNED from vacation - did fine ON vacation - go figure!) and then this last 1 week 100% OP - I have lost the 7 I'd gained, plus 1 more for good measure! Am putting the home scale away now, and back to my clinic-only weigh ins starting on Monday so I'll update my ticker then. BTW - How annoying is that to have lost 8 lbs in the last week, but since 7 of it was weight I'd gained back, when I weigh in on Monday, it will only really be a 1 lb loss since I was in last! And that's if my home and clinic scales are even close! Oh well! I did it to myself, and hopefully is a lesson learned!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

You and I are apparently in this one together - I gained 10 pounds after a 3 week hiatus and this morning had managed to drop 5 of those, so I am still +5 for the experience. It has given me renewed fervor to get roaring back on the program, so I am actually OK, sort of!

I refuse to update my ticker to the gains, not because I am not being honest, but because I want a positive reminder of where I have been and how I got there.

My lesson is learned - fall down, get back up, admit the slip/slide and just resolve to deal with immediately rather than wallow in the guilt.

That being said, I am not sure how I would have handled my son's three week visit radically differently - I see him only once a year and this one was between deployments and included getting engaged to a dear one we have always loved. We did not eat more than a few meals at home, we made numerous long roads trips to places he wanted to visit, and he and I shared some great times and meals together.

I did not go crazy off - I still tried to stay relatively low carb. I would love to have some feedback as to how to handle situations like that where it was a long term get together with him. In many ways breaking bread and sharing food is love and is making connections. I know after the first three days of trying to stay OP that I would not make it.

Pixie111 11-09-2013 10:44 AM

stalled

Hi everyone,

a little frustrated to see the scale hasnt moved in 2 weeks. I am hovering over 158. I just started strength training but making sure I drink an extra shake right after my workout. I have lost 17 pounds so far. My trainer told me to eat carbs before a workout so I dont burn muscle. I am having a shake an hour before my workout obviously the carbs in it are negligent.

Please advise. Should I continue to drink a shake an hour before my workout and then a shake right after one? I can probably have a restricted packet before my workout.

Another thing I noticed, not getting enough water. I am hardly drinking any. I have resolved to drink a gallon a day starting today.

Thanks!
P

yespositively 11-09-2013 10:46 AM

Hiker88 I stand on the scale every morning, always have. I only count an official weigh in weekly (usually on Saturdays, but with IP will change to Wednesday). I think it depends on how it affects you if you see a gain, because that does happen sometimes! This morning I stood on the scale and it say 175. When the heck was the last time it said that, I don't even know! Totally motivated me to stay OP today, even though I would prefer to have a cocktail and some off plan foods. But that said, if it goes up tomorrow, that's okay (as long as I was OP, I know fluctuations happen with my body based on salt intake, TOM, water, etc).

vachinyc :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Pixie111 Are you getting enough calories? My coach was pretty adamant about not working out since it might put your body into starvation mode. Depending on what you are doing with your trainer you might not be having enough calories. Talk with your coach about having an extra IP packet a day if you really want to work out.

ecdcslim 11-09-2013 11:00 AM

Morning all, WI 9 this morning, down again for a total of 26.2 in 8 weeks! Very excited!
Schenectady & slownsteady - soooo happy your back and in the fight. We're all human, it happens and you both have gotten right back in rather than saying the heck with it. I know how hard that is.

Pixie111 I started weight-lifting again, it's definitely tricky. I have my extra meal right after I workout. I also make it my restricted, usually a bar as they have more calories and carbs and it helps a lot, made a big difference in how I felt and didn't effect my weight-loss. Worth a try. And you gotta drink the water - when I get up and am at the sink putting on my make-up, etc I have a 12 oz glass of water and I commit to drinking it before I finish getting ready. I also keep a water bottle in the car - I never don't drink my water with these things in place. Also, when I finish a shake, I usually put 4-6 ozs in the shaker, and drink that, it's still tasty and it's extra water. Good luck!

sekc14 11-09-2013 11:22 AM

Salad Dressing Recipe

Good morning ipeeps! This recipe is probably typical but, wanted to share.

Coconut vinegar
Worcester Sauce
Spicy mustard
WF Pancake syrup

Salad:
Romain lettuce
Rainbow radish
Green onion
Celery
Yellow squash
Costco canned chicken

This combination is zesty and delicious! I'm trying to gather/create recipes that I can use from here on. I'm not fond of WF salad dressing unless it's doctored up. Would prefer not to buy it at all since it's expensive for the taste.

ReenHag 11-09-2013 11:27 AM

Sounds good, but I thought Worcester sauce and yellow squash were not on IP.

IdealProteinNewbie 11-09-2013 11:33 AM

ReenHag: Summer squash (green and yellow zucchini) are allowed while winter squash (acorn, butternut, spaghetti) are not.

Hockeymom40 11-09-2013 11:43 AM

Happy Saturday! Sounds like everyone is having a great weekend. I just have a quick question. What is the mg's of Potassium for the Ideal Protein supplement. My coach wants me to use No Salt instead and I'm trying to figure out the amount I need. She didn't give me a straight answer, she said everyone is different.

lisa32989 11-09-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixie111 (Post 4880071)
a little frustrated to see the scale hasnt moved in 2 weeks. I am hovering over 158. I just started strength training but making sure I drink an extra shake right after my workout. I have lost 17 pounds so far. My trainer told me to eat carbs before a workout so I dont burn muscle. I am having a shake an hour before my workout obviously the carbs in it are negligent.

Please advise. Should I continue to drink a shake an hour before my workout and then a shake right after one? I can probably have a restricted packet before my workout.

Another thing I noticed, not getting enough water. I am hardly drinking any. I have resolved to drink a gallon a day starting today.

To be very blunt, your trainer doesn't know what he/she is talking about re: ketogenic diets. Get the book The Art and Science of Low Carb Performance. Then you'll know. Just being on a PSMF diet preserves muscle.

To increase your energy a bit, you might want to consider having your restricted prior to your workout but don't forget an extra packet after, as well (perhaps one of the 80-calories ones like the orange drink or peach-mango drink...there are a few others but I KNOW these b/c they are 2 of my favs).

You didn't say what type of workouts you have started but initiating an exercise routine can stall the scale temporarily. Since we're in this for the long-term health and wellness, adding exercise is a GOOD thing. Relax about the scale and know there are other ways to measure our progress.

Since you already have a trainer who has demonstrated lack of understanding of these diets (which are used ALL THE TIME by bodybuilders, btw), I'm also concerned you may be doing workouts that are too intensive for IP. We should only be doing moderate exercise at the most (like a brisk walk) and some strength training (but not super heavy).

lisa32989 11-09-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 (Post 4880112)
Happy Saturday! Sounds like everyone is having a great weekend. I just have a quick question. What is the mg's of Potassium for the Ideal Protein supplement. My coach wants me to use No Salt instead and I'm trying to figure out the amount I need. She didn't give me a straight answer, she said everyone is different.

She should have been able to look on the bottle!

99 mg of Potasium citrate.

If I had a coach that was recommending one product but couldn't answer questions about another product, I'd be concerned & wonder if I should switch coaches!

It is VERY important to get SALT on a ketogenic diet. That is why the salt is part of P1

yespositively 11-09-2013 12:12 PM

Day 5 on IP and so far so good. I'm so glad it's the weekend and I can spend a bit more time roasting veggies and meal planning for the coming week. I have my WI on Wednesday and I need to think about what IP products I want to buy for the coming week.

I put a pork tenderloin in an IP compliant marinade this morning and am looking forward to a little break from chicken today. I know IP restricts exercise (this is so hard since I'm a runner and it's gorgeous out!), but I think I'll take a little walk around the neighborhood today and just be sure not to get my heart rate up too much.

Hiker88 11-09-2013 12:44 PM

Yespositively: Thanks for the comments... your right.. the scale doesn't bother me too much... my coach is always after me to not weigh so much but for the most part it doesn't affect my motivation and the days there's a big jump its pretty exciting!!

slownsteady 11-09-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4880063)
I am not sure how I would have handled my son's three week visit radically differently - I see him only once a year and this one was between deployments and included getting engaged to a dear one we have always loved. We did not eat more than a few meals at home, we made numerous long roads trips to places he wanted to visit, and he and I shared some great times and meals together.

I can say without a minute's hesitance, that I would not in a million years question sharing time and home-cooked meals and road trips with my son under these circumstances!! The only thing to regret would be if you had NOT done these things! Cherish that time together!