Old 10-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
I'm not wanting to get bashed by the IP mob, but I am planning on switching to Atkins. I lost before, didnt feel tired or cranky or brainless but I know I will lose slower. My wallet will be happier though.
I did Atkins briefly, maybe 4 weeks and loved it. I know I was eating too many calories though, in fact I counted almost 2000 a day, but guess what? at 2000 cals although I did not lose much, I didn't gain an ounce because it was all low carb. I ate bacon, avocado and cheese, full fat dressing plus some nuts. And yes, I did not feel brainless like I do on this program.

Good luck to you.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #17  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
slow to lose, can I ask you why you want to lose more weight?
you are super tiny right now, why not phase off, workout and try and tighten things up. I'm sure you already look amazing at 115 lbs, perhaps you should just learn to love and accept yourself becauuse at 115 you're hardly overweight.

Sorry if I'm talking out of line, I only mean well
Oh sweetie it's all good and believe me, I'm wondering that myself. 110 was my goal first time around and I made it, and I'd kind of like to get back there. I always give myself a 5 pound limit, and at 115 that would be 120 and I'm really not at all happy at 120. I can gain 5 pounds just looking at food I swear. If I'm at 110 and 115 is my upper it just seems better.

Of course right now I am so depressed, unhappy, tired, hungry and craving anything and everything I am ready to put a bullet in my head. I'm considering phasing off to be honest and maybe try it again in a few weeks. I don't know, but I'm so miserable right now.

I lost one pound this week and like the OP said at one point - is all this misery worth one stupid pound?

But I just got back from meeting my Coach and bought another weeks worth of food but it will keep.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #18  

S/C/G: SW 245.6/CW 203/GW 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferk View Post
I'm so scared I'm only going to lose 1lb per week.
Hun, let me tell you this. Losing 1 pound per week may not seem like much, but it's soo much better to lose than to gain. Even if you lose 1 pound per week, before you get disappointed, remember that it all adds up and closer to your goal. Heck, losing .2 per week is better than a gain! Keep your head up! You've come this far, don't back down now! Remember, if you ever need support, you can always come here!
scottysgirl7682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/157/155

Height: 5'9

A part of me wonders if my expectations are unrealistic for my post-baby body. I want to /look/ the same as I did before, but I had a 10 lb baby and so there was obviously stretching. I don't think 165 is an unreasonable weight for someone who's 5'9, but I also live in Los Angeles where the pressure to be thin is uber high. Blarg. Just so tired of being in this fog. I can't imagine doing this for months on end. I honestly have so much respect for people who have been at this for months and even years.
Ferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Me too Ferk. I find it like torture most days. Some are better than others however. Like today I don't feel light headed or hungry, like I did yesterday.

Slow to lose, I understand what you're saying. I guess I would be thrilled if I were 120 not to mention 115, but I know realistically my body has never seen that weight nor do I think I can maintain it for very long.

I would be thrilled with 1 lb a week.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferk View Post
I guess my unrealistic expectations have stemmed from people saying they lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks and stuff like that. It has been tough this week not seeing the scale move- that's very motivational for me (like I'm sure it is for everyone).
In the past when I've dieted, if I take a break for a week and up my calories and then go back down, I lose more. I was thinking the same might be true for IP. But apparently not. I know part of it is that according to my BMI I'm considered "normal weight" so things slow down at this point. I'm just frustrated because although I've only been on IP for a month, I've been counting calories for 8 months prior. I'm just sick of thinking about it. It's baby weight. I'm over it!
The 3-5 lbs a week are just IP infomercial and realistic only if you were 300 lbs and had stuffed yourself with >4000 calories/day before going on the diet. Then you can create a big calorie deficit by going on a 800-900 calories/day diet. Otherwise it just does not work that way, particularly if female hormones or thyroid hormones contribute, as well. At you weight 1-2 lbs/week is a lot more realistic. IP can also create lots of expectations because you loose a lot in the first two weeks when entering ketosis. But that is just glycogen and water. Still, 1-2 lbs/week will add up over a period of several months and then you are done with strict dieting. You will still have to maintain the loss. Just keep the numbers in relation and focus on the goal.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote