Old 08-31-2013, 01:24 PM   #1  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Up and down!

I had my weigh in yesterday and was down 1.8. Not great but certainly ok. I was joking with my coach that I figured I would be down at least another pound by today since I thought I should have had a bigger week. So...I told her if I was I wanted a re-weigh on Saturday.

Sure enough I was down 1.2 from yesterday! Haha. You should have seen her face when I showed up this morning! Priceless!

Aren't those up and down days frustrating? I know you shouldn't weigh everyday but I can't stop!
Maxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I just wanted to say congratulations! I would to loved to have seen your coach's face. Lol
I can do anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #3  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
I had my weigh in yesterday and was down 1.8. Not great but certainly ok. I was joking with my coach that I figured I would be down at least another pound by today since I thought I should have had a bigger week. So...I told her if I was I wanted a re-weigh on Saturday.

Sure enough I was down 1.2 from yesterday! Haha. You should have seen her face when I showed up this morning! Priceless!

Aren't those up and down days frustrating? I know you shouldn't weigh everyday but I can't stop!
The up and down days were killer for me at the beginning. I weigh myself daily and started tracking it in an app on my iPhone about 2 months ago and I can totally see a pattern. I no longer get freaked out by the spikes. But, I do use that as an opportunity to ask myself if I'm getting all my water and will usually add extra water for the following couple of days.

I had my first "gain" at my WI this week. Only 0.2 lbs, but a gain nonetheless. That was Thursday. Since then, I am down 3 lbs. Figures! I just tell myself I will have a big loss this week. Oh, and despite being up 0.2 lbs, I lost MAJOR inches. The most ever in a single week. 1.5 in my bust, 1 in my waist, 1.5 in my hip, 0.5 in my arm and 1 in my thigh. Seriously, 5.5 inches in one week!!!

I should thank all of the folks here who told me to "trust the program" early on when I was discouraged. There were times I was convinced I would be that one person that IP didn't work for. Thankfully, I listened and they were right. As of today, 3.5 months since starting IP, I am down 40 lbs. Another pound and I know that will officially be my lowest weight in 15 years (I remember that was my starting weight when I was pregnant with my daughter. That was October 1998.) That was a mini-goal for me and it feels great to be so close.

Sorry - didn't mean to make this thread all about me..... just too excited, so I had to share!
hangdog is offline   Reply With Quote