Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #31  

Height: 5'-8"

Jo- Your food dream joggled funny dreams I have been having.

I am not sure about anyone else however I always get up at least once in the middle of the night to use the washroom. Well as of late I have been EXHAUSTED and that 2am washroom trip has been slowly moving to 3am, then 4am and even 5am just before my alarm. In the mean time I have DREAMS I am peeing. Yep I dream I am using the facilities. Then… Just as I realize what is going on I JOLT awake and I am up and running to relieve myself. I joke with my DH that one day we might wake up and I will have pee'd the bed. Oh Goodness...
I hope some of you smiled with the crazy Pee dreams.

Happy Thrusday!!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello IPeeps,

4 weeks post-op rotator cuff surgery,had first PT the day before yesterday. OUCH! lol. Doing well. My weight has been up since my official WI on monday, not sure why but we will see what this monday brings.

Someone mentioned a VitaMix, I have a 20 year old one that still is fantastic and there is no spinach residue. I am shipping it to my daughter in California, as I bought a new one on QVC (Today's Special Value). I paid less for my new one than I did 20 years ago and it has a 2.5 HP motor vs the old 2.0 HP motor. Hubby says "Geez you could mow the lawn with that!" I think they are well worth the money, my daughter has burned up 3 regular blenders in 4 years and the Vitamix, she can put the whole fruit in, skin, seeds and no waste, plus it makes the perfect smoothie, no ice chunks, spinach debrie, etc.
Post op weight is up due to inflammation (water weight). It'll go down.
Also, cortisol is the stress hormone. It blocks weight loss. Surgery is stressful to a body.
Just ignore the stupid scale for a while (yup! very hard!)
I've had 2 injuries while on IP and the scale stalled both times. It eventually caught back up.

I agree about the Vitamix. Had I just bought one initially, I wouldn't have spent and EQUAL amount on numerous blenders over the years. Unfortunately, at those times, I didn't have the bucks to shell out for a Vitamix. Thank goodness I did 3 years ago.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #33  

Height: 5'-8"

Thank you for the link Lisa. Well as of today I am switching up my drinks.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #34  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Well I just finished day 23 on the IP Diet and I am down 19.25 pounds! (which is about 0.84 pounds lost per day on average)

My measurements progress chart is even more amazing (to me at least) as I have lost 3.25" off my waistline in just a bit over 3 weeks! Plus 2 days ago I had a "crossing day" when all 3 measurements were the same. Going forward from today, my waist measurement is actually going to be my smallest measurement. (I appear to be losing 1" a week off my waistline.)

Last edited by Avalon1957; 08-22-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgirl231 View Post
So today is day 2 of my mini phase off for vacation. The breakfasts are huge! LOL. Almost too much to eat since I have been having a shake and banana almost everyday for 5 months. (alternative plan) I debated not phasing out and staying on Ph1 until I left for France next thursday but decided against it. It's difficult to wrap my brain around eating more food for breakfast and it's scary to think that my losses will be nil for a few weeks. It's so amazing to me that I have incorporated this way of eating into my lifestyle after fighting weight issues for most of my life. I'm going to stick to my mini phase off and then back to phase 1 with gusto when the plane touches the ground on my return trip.
I hear ya! I phased off for my trip to Europe in July and I think it really helped me be successful after the trip. I continued to lose weight (noticeably less, though) during the phase off, and only gained 2.5lbs while on vacation (and didn't restrict myself at all). I felt like I was cheating with phase 3 breakfasts, though I sure did enjoy them while they lasted! I actually felt like I was cheating the entire time because I wasn't quite ready to be done with IP (does that make sense?), but I convinced myself that phasing off was actually the responsible thing to do. The day I got home I was back on phase 1 and it has been smooth sailing ever since. Good luck!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #36  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Great Job Congrats!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning IPeeps!

Weigh-in #6 and down another 3.2! Which means I reached my first mini-goal! Now I need to figure out what my next one will be!!

Hope everyone has a great day. I will check back in this evening after work!!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #37  
Restart - June17/15

Default Day I - Finally -

I have been reading and researching for about a month and offically joined IP today.. sooo excited.. I have a bunch of silver bags and vitamins, etc, and a shaker and am ready to do this!!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #38  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Howdy folks! Good to see everyone is doing so well! Me? I am hungry! Not sure what's different this time around but I am finding myself feeling very, very hungry! I keep forgetting to check my blood levels for ketosis in the morning but I can't imagine why I wouldn't be. I'm staying OP and I will power thru this! Will be adding an extra unrestricted today and a huge bowl of lettuce when I get home!!! Nom, nom, nom! (You know you're hungry when your mouth waters for lettuce!)
Old 08-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #39  
Restart - June17/15

6 lba to goal, that is awesome, good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydergirl1 View Post
Good morning! I am excited that I am starting to lose again. I have been kinda stalled for the past couple of weeks. I have battled the Big C and TOM and wasn't really losing. I am back at it again. The number on the scale this morning was 6 lbs from my goal!!

I'm having a good day and just waiting for 11:30 AM so I can eat lunch. I am so ready to eat my Orange Chocolate wafer. I absolutely LOVE those things! They are the only IP product that I simply cannot wait to eat!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #40  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Howdy folks! Good to see everyone is doing so well! Me? I am hungry! Not sure what's different this time around but I am finding myself feeling very, very hungry! I keep forgetting to check my blood levels for ketosis in the morning but I can't imagine why I wouldn't be. I'm staying OP and I will power thru this! Will be adding an extra unrestricted today and a huge bowl of lettuce when I get home!!! Nom, nom, nom! (You know you're hungry when your mouth waters for lettuce!)
If you feel really hungry, have you considered eating an extra serving of lean protein (like 4 oz of chicken breast)? That helped me through a couple of days where I felt ravenous ... certainly some extra protein will kill your hunger and you don't fall off the wagon with the program's philosophy of restricting carbs and sugar. Plus it prevents any muscle burn. Just a thought!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #41  
sugar is the devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Had a bad sleep last night so I actually woke up later than my son this morning Had a food dream/nightmare last night - I was at a parents' meeting at the school and absently grabbed a piece of chocolate cake and took a big bite than screamed "I can't eat this!" and ran around looking for a place to spit it out and water to rinse it out! Crazy

Jo
I had a very similar dream last week when I first started IP. It involved candy, me saying "I can't have this" and spitting it out

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 08-22-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #42  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon. This is my very first post. I've been lurking and educating for a while. Thanks for the inspiration.

I'm on Day 9 of IP. No bad symptoms and I think I am even sleeping better? (generally chronic insomnia)

My first few days were awesome, seeing a couple of pounds a day, but then I hit a wall. Days 7, 8 and 9 no loss at all. (One could say I don't need to weigh every day but I find that right now, I need the incentive and motivation) I'm a little freaked out but my clinic/coach said that according to the fat loss test, i'm in ketosis (my first WI was on Day 4 and I had a 2 lb loss but her starting weight was lower than I was when I actually started).

I'm trying to stay positive and i'm staying on plan. I did sort out that TOM may be arriving (early) and I have felt bloated. Will hope that is the issue and see how it goes on Saturday at WI # 2.

I, like others, tend to have some constipation issues so the clinic has me taking the Calm product twice a day. I "think" it is helping.

Eeeks - TMI.

I'm not generally a "share-er" but thought I'd give this a try since everyone here seems so supportive and helpful.

Thanks to all who post such encouraging and educating items! Happy to join the group.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #43  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
I hear ya! I phased off for my trip to Europe in July...The day I got home I was back on phase 1 and it has been smooth sailing ever since. Good luck!
How long have you been back and what has your weight loss been since then?

I'm curious because I'm going to Austria and Turkey in November for 12 days and I'm terrified that I'll stop losing weight when I return.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #44  
sugar is the devil

Just read through all the posts and thanks all for the spinach shake suggestions I guess I was doing it wrong (I just put everything in the blender at once). I'll try liquifying the spinach first next time and see if that makes a difference to my gag reflex (I got a pretty bad one. Ugh)
Old 08-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #45  
Started IP 04/13/2013

S/C/G: 202.4/154/151

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
I have been reading and researching for about a month and offically joined IP today.. sooo excited.. I have a bunch of silver bags and vitamins, etc, and a shaker and am ready to do this!!
Welcome!
Closed Thread